Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super Bowl. Denver vs Carolina ....who do you I have?

Started by Lanny, February 07, 2016, 12:06:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

If Manning has one more game like the last one in him the Broncos have a chance.  Could be a classic.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

PM's arm may not be what it was, but he's had two more weeks to heal from his foot injury.  It may be a little more lively than some think.

Also, he's probably the smartest QB to ever play.
While I don't expect Denver to win, it wouldn't surprise me either.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

jfred59

zane

Quote from: jfred59 on February 07, 2016, 05:19:10 pm
Anyone but Scam Newton

I don't get the Cam Newton hate. Sure- I despised him when he played for the Barnerz but that's over. Since he's been in the league, he hasn't been in trouble, does so much for his community, is well respected by his team mates and has a blast playing the game. What's to hate?
RIP LSUfan

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Birminghog

National Anthem - Peyton stands straight up with his hand over his heart, Cam stands with both hands on his collar, rolling his head around. Go Broncos.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: zane on February 07, 2016, 05:32:06 pm
I don't get the Cam Newton hate. Sure- I despised him when he played for the Barnerz but that's over. Since he's been in the league, he hasn't been in trouble, does so much for his community, is well respected by his team mates and has a blast playing the game. What's to hate?

I don't hate Cam.
I dislike his antics the same as I dislike any player that consistently dances, gyrates, or otherwise behaves in a manner that brings all the attention on them while playing the ultimate team game.

Despise is reserved for players like Terrel Owens who did all of the above times two AND was a locker room cancer.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Bubba's Bruisers

He's our new Tebow.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Birminghog on February 07, 2016, 05:46:17 pm
National Anthem - Peyton stands straight up with his hand over his heart, Cam stands with both hands on his collar, rolling his head around. Go Broncos.

Head bowed and eyes closed?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

EastexHawg

HSVhogfan2

Terrible call on the replay. 14 pt swing.

Another super bowl blowout?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 07, 2016, 06:06:10 pm
Terrible call on the replay. 14 pt swing.

Another super bowl blowout?

Ball touched the ground before he rolled over. Agree though could have been a catch. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I didn't see the ball touch the ground.  Don't think Cam is ready for this stage regardless.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

threeNout

Cam's playing scared and Denver's D smells blood.

this will probably set up as a big comeback attempt after Caroiina settes in.

still sticking with my 27-19 Broncos though.

EastexHawg

Incredibly stupid and selfish display...taunting gives Carolina new life.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2016, 06:11:25 pm
Ball touched the ground before he rolled over. Agree though could have been a catch.

Showed it three times. Even ref in the booth said it would be overturned.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Atlhogfan1

Denver D leads NFL in penalties. Frustrating part of swagger we have to live with. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 07, 2016, 06:14:11 pm
Showed it three times. Even ref in the booth said it would be overturned.

I guess he's never been wrong.......

HSVhogfan2

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Cinco de Hogo

I still hate Texass too if that makes you feel better.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 07, 2016, 06:16:21 pm
He wasn't that time

Ok, if you say so, the guy who is actually doing the job disagrees with you.

Bubba's Bruisers

It's a SB.  I didn't think it would get reversed.  I think it should have been reversed, but I get why it wasn't.

EastexHawg

The point of the ball touched the ground when he had it cradled in his elbow, causing the ball to move noticeably. The receiver had never established possession at that time.  It was incomplete whether Jim Nantz and Mike Carey were too blind to see the ball touch or not.

passinghog

Are they ever gonna call holding against the Carolina's LT? Holy cow

Bubba's Bruisers

I really hope Talib gets tossed tonight.  He will have deserved it.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 07, 2016, 06:26:57 pm
The point of the ball touched the ground when he had it cradled in his elbow, causing the ball to move noticeably. The receiver had never established possession at that time.  It was incomplete whether Jim Nantz and Mike Carey were too blind to see the ball touch or not.

Never touched.

The receiver actually pushed the ball up when he was rolling over to keep it clean. Hand under it all of the time. Should have been an easy reversal.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Birminghog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 07, 2016, 06:30:03 pm
I really hope Talib gets tossed tonight.  He will have deserved it.

I'm with you. Don't really follow either of these teams, but this guy is clearly a thug

HSVhogfan2

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Buff

Talib doesn't deserve to be in the game.  If the Broncos lose this, he should just be fired tomorrow.

Wisconsin Razorback

As a Denver fan, I certainly cannot complain about the refs so far.  We getting the calls. If we can stop the penalties and not throw INTs, I like our chances.

Bubba's Bruisers

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Wisconsin Razorback on February 07, 2016, 06:40:06 pm
As a Denver fan, I certainly cannot complain about the refs so far.  We getting the calls. If we can stop the penalties and not throw INTs, I like our chances.

I hope Manning wins. That call was pretty bad, and then they had to waste the last challenge on another pretty easy call.

It would be funny though to mess with a few of the Cam-haters on this board though. LOL

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 07, 2016, 06:30:14 pm
Never touched.

The receiver actually pushed the ball up when he was rolling over to keep it clean. Hand under it all of the time. Should have been an easy reversal.

Yes it did,

What do you think happened to the ball when he landed on it with one hand barely under on end of the ball?

Sometimes common sense works too.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Wisconsin Razorback on February 07, 2016, 06:40:06 pm

Penalties has been our season unfortunately. 

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 07, 2016, 06:44:44 pm
Yes it did,

What do you think happened to the ball when he landed on it with one hand barely under on end of the ball?

Sometimes common sense works too.

Better than eyesight?

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 07, 2016, 06:45:04 pm
Better than eyesight?

The call on the field was incomplete, he went down without possession of the ball, landed on it, rolled over and came up with the ball in one hand.  What part of that constitutes and overturn of the call on the field?  Eyesight wasn't able to change the call because it wasn't conclusive.

Bubba's Bruisers

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 07, 2016, 06:51:18 pm
The call on the field was incomplete, he went down without possession of the ball, landed on it, rolled over and came up with the ball in one hand.  What part of that constitutes and overturn of the call on the field?  Eyesight wasn't able to change the call because it wasn't conclusive.

The part where the ball never touched the ground, maybe?

Veni Sancte Spiritus

ImHogginIt

I don't get third and short and running it without a fullback.

EastexHawg

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 07, 2016, 06:45:04 pm
Better than eyesight?

My eyes work just fine.  Maybe you should watch it again in slow motion.  When his arm and the ball hit the ground  the first time, before he rolls over, the point of the ball hits the turf.

If you still can't see it, I can't help you.

passinghog

Denver defense is going for the kill shots. The first team to 24 wins this game. Another TO forced. Missed opportunity on that last drive.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 07, 2016, 06:54:35 pm
My eyes work just fine.  Maybe you should watch it again in slow motion.  When his arm and the ball hit the ground  the first time, before he rolls over, the point of the ball hits the turf.

If you still can't see it, I can't help you.

LOl.

Didn't you call Newton "the thief"?  I'm SURE you are just a neutral observer.

I just always saw you as a big Newton fan.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 07, 2016, 06:49:35 pm
The part where the ball never touched the ground, maybe?

The part where it touched the ground.

There is no way you can know it didn't unless you can see through players bodies.

EastexHawg

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 07, 2016, 06:57:15 pm
LOl.

Didn't you call Newton "the thief"?  I'm SURE you are just a neutral observer.

I just always saw you as a big Newton fan.

Yes, I did, and I was 100% correct on both counts.  He is a confirmed thief and the ball hit the ground before possession.  What's your point?

Bubba's Bruisers

Bottom line, the Carolina WR should have made the catch.  He bobbled it and had to rely on the refs to bail him out.  He can blame himself for the result, regardless.

Cam's accuracy isn't great due to the pressure, but there have been a few times the WR's should have made the catch.  He's not gotten much help.

Atlhogfan1

Kubiak conservative O keeping this close as usual.  Wade is the better coach. 

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."