Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super Bowl. Denver vs Carolina ....who do you I have?

Started by Lanny, February 07, 2016, 12:06:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: sowmonella on February 07, 2016, 09:07:32 pm
Scam choked this one.

As did his WR's.  Wouldn't say he choked. Regardless, the Denver D is great.  Does this to any QB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HighcountryHog

Just brutal D.  Even Cam can't run away from it.
no bumps, no fat chicks

razCzar

SooiecidetillNuttgone

This has been a dominating display of defense.
Just exceptional.
What a fun, close game.......Till that score, that is.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 07, 2016, 08:57:47 pm
Argue with the experts I read.  While I agree with them, I'm simply regurgitating THEIR opinions.

If you honestly think the stuff being played on mainstream radios is the caliber of what was being made during the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s, then your music background is way different to mine.  And yes, I have some trained music and theory in my background.

As for The Voice, that show reflects the experts opinion.
Bias is taken away by not allowing the judges to SEE the candidate beforehand.

You know?  Forget it.  This is a typical HV response when a general conclusion or tendency is provided.
It always goes something like this:
''On days when the sky is clear at 11:00 am at the beach just north of Daytona, the likelihood of an afternoon shower is only 29 percent.''
''No way!  I was there last week without a cloud in the sky at 11:00 am and got rained out at 4:00 pm.  Your information is bunk.''

I just proved with one word that you statement about Anita Bsker was false and "your information is bunk" is what you can come up with.

In theory you probably need to find another subject to debate. LOL

passinghog

Denver's defense was who I thought they were. One of the best in the last 20 years...

Not to mention Cam carried that team to 17-1; they don't have 17-1 talent if you go 1 through 53

HSVhogfan2

Some folks may win a wad of cash if Von Miller gets MVP.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Dr. Starcs

Carolina's defense is just as good.

Their offense and their leader have just been that awful.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 07, 2016, 09:13:39 pm
I just proved with one word that you statement about Anita Bsker was false and "your information is bunk" is what you can come up with.

In theory you probably need to find another subject to debate. LOL

You're right, Adele is ugly and isn't an outlier whatsoever.  In fact, most mainstream artists are unattractive to ugly.  The music business experts that I've read also don't know what they're talking about either.

You're a god.

LOL.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hview

ghostzapper

Defensive game plan was obvious and simple.  Make Cam beat you throwing to a bad receiving corp. 

Nonetheless, both qbs stank.  When was last Super Bowl without a passing td?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ghostzapper on February 07, 2016, 09:21:13 pm
Defensive game plan was obvious and simple.  Make Cam beat you throwing to a bad receiving corp. 

Precisely.  And it's easier to execute that game plan when your defense is the best in the world.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ghostzapper

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ghostzapper on February 07, 2016, 09:21:13 pm

Nonetheless, both qbs stank.  When was last Super Bowl without a passing td?

Good question.
His response to me:

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 07, 2016, 09:14:10 pm
You're right, Adele is ugly and isn't an outlier whatsoever.  In fact, most mainstream artists are unattractive to ugly.  The music business experts that I've read also don't know what they're talking about either.

You're a god.

LOL.

Fact is Anita Baker wasn't ugly as you seemed to imply and neither is Adele which is the norm in music and always has been.  I think your only argument is about the music itself which is about taste.  I would say you have lost yours.

Vantage 8 dude

Well boys and girls as if the first six weeks or so of the new year haven't been difficult enough  in the financial markets, we just got another huge blow to the outlook for 2016. If you have any money in the stock market(s) you might well sell and go away.....that is at least according to the "Super Bowl Barometer".

For any of you not aware of this highly accurate indicator discovered by Yale Hirsh and Leonard Koppett, the theory states that if a team from the AFC wins it will be a "bear market" (down) year in the stock market(s). However, if a  member of the NFC or a team that was in the the NFL (Colts, Browns and Steelers) prior to the NFC/AFC merger it will be a positive (bull) market. As crazy as it may seem, the theory has proven to be amazingly accurate. In fact, of the 49 Super Bowls played previous to tonight, 40 of the outcomes (81%) have "forecast" correctly. Obviously we'll see how number 50 turns out.

That is your scientific financial lesson for the day. Please feel free to make a much needed donation as you leave the room.  :'( :-X :-\ 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 07, 2016, 09:27:27 pm
Fact is Anita Baker wasn't ugly as you seemed to imply and neither is Adele which is the norm in music and always has been.  I think your only argument is about the music itself which is about taste.  I would say you have lost yours.

Spoken like a true deity.
<<Tips Hat>>
His response to me:

moses_007

Worst offensive game in Super Bowl history.  Neither quarterback was worth a crap.  Running backs were terrible.  Offensive lines couldn't block or pass protect.  Turnovers, penalties, quarterback sacks.  Pitiful game to watch.

The old man at Denver needs to retire as a Super Bowl champion. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: moses_007 on February 07, 2016, 10:00:03 pm
Worst offensive game in Super Bowl history.  Neither quarterback was worth a crap.  Running backs were terrible.  Offensive lines couldn't block or pass protect.  Turnovers, penalties, quarterback sacks.  Pitiful game to watch.

I really enjoyed it.
Every possession was crucial. 
Made for an exciting game.
In high flyers, that's not usually the case.
This was great defense more so than pitiful offense.
His response to me:

BPsTheMan

as usual, you don't understand the game

Vantage 8 dude

Well delighted to see YOU really enjoyed it. I suppose the NFL could call on you to make a ringing endorsement of the game then?

BTW I have a strong hunch you'll get your last wish. I imagine Peyton will go out on top with this win...and why not?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 07, 2016, 10:05:20 pm
Well delighted to see YOU really enjoyed it. I suppose the NFL could call on you to make a ringing endorsement of the game then?

BTW I have a strong hunch you'll get your last wish. I imagine Peyton will go out on top with this win...and why not?

If he can't rehab the foot back to at last 80% then he should.

In my book, he's the greatest QB of all time.  Nothing left to accomplish.
His response to me:

hoglady

I thought both defenses played great tonight.
Denver's is the best I've seen in a long, long time.
I enjoyed the old adage "defense wins Championships" ring true tonight.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PharmacistHog

Kuechly apparently is the real leader of the panthers. He stood up and took his interview questions like a pro. Cam pouted and then got up and walked off like a sore loser. Guess the game isn't as "fun" now. Or maybe he's just pissed cuz he didn't get to unveil his newest celebration technique. I'm so thrilled that dude lost this game.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hoglady

Just watched Cam's press conference and he was a spoiled child and that's being kind.
Absolutely, horrible - walked out before answering all the questions.
Horrible body language - really disappointed in him.
The only thing he did right was give Denver credit and say they (Carolina) just made too many mistakes and got outplayed.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

westside_player

Quote from: Sed76 on February 07, 2016, 12:27:33 pm
Since I despise Cam Newton with a burning passion I figure Carolina will win with ease. Would love to see Denver destroy him and wipe that grin off his face.

ha watch his post game presser

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hoglady on February 07, 2016, 10:19:29 pm
Just watched Cam's press conference and he was a spoiled child and that's being kind.
Absolutely, horrible - walked out before answering all the questions.
Horrible body language - really disappointed in him.
The only thing he did right was give Denver credit and say they (Carolina) just made too many mistakes and got outplayed.

Agree with all of this.
Missed the part where he credited Denver though.  Of course his one word responses and his panty wringing like a spoiled girl didn't leave much to be heard.
His response to me:

razCzar

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 07, 2016, 10:44:09 pm
what a punk

Why does he seem to constantly have his head covered with some stocking or hoody?.. even during the National Anthem. 

urkillnmesmalls

Sore Loser.  That's what that was.  I sincerely hope he doesn't come out with an apology, even though I'm sure his PR people are up right now wording it for him. 

I couldn't stand him for his lack of ethics in the Auburn scandal, and now I dislike him even more.  I wonder how all the kids who have his footballs are feeling right about now?  Great example to give to kids Cam.  Nice work...jerk. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

threeNout

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on February 07, 2016, 09:11:44 pm

my pick was better than all yalls

most, not all

Quote from: threeNout on February 07, 2016, 01:12:59 pm
Denver 27
Caroina  19

serious prediction,  I banking on SB QB-ing experience, and/or lack thereof, meaning a lot.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 07, 2016, 12:54:47 pm
I got Denver and 7 when it was running 5 1/2. I think Denver has the corners to shut down Carolina on the outside. I think Denver has a front 7 that can get to Newton and contain Newton to some degree and run him down when he does get out of the pocket.. I expect Newton to make a critical mistake or two throwing off his back foot, Harris and Talib capitalize. Where Denver can't drive the ball 80 on Carolina, Denver scores enough to stay in it, from a couple of short fields.

That probably means Carolina by 35 at the half!!

I felt like I was stealing money on this one!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

DeltaBoy

The Bronco D was truly the ORANGE CRUSH  2.0
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on February 07, 2016, 03:51:33 pm
Carolina 27-13, not a total blowout, but not close either.

The media darling Broncos, I've never understood why the media has been tripping over each other rooting for that team for 30 years in a sickening fashion, have not faced an offense that runs the ball like Carolina.

Like Cam Newton or not, I can understand why many don't, the guy is a freak at 6'6 250 with the same 40 time as LeVeon Bell and a big arm.

The injuries last season and the car wreck taught him to play in the pocket more, the Donkeys are going to get gashed by the zone read while Von "PED" Miller and Ware are rushing up the field while the ball is already gone.

Nobody wants to say it, like Peyton Manning is God, but the guy has lost arm strength to the point that he has one of the weakest arms of any QB in the NFL.

He was able to throw it some downfield in the 1st quarter vs NE, but not in the last 3 quarters.

Carolina will sit on the short routes and has had two weeks to prep and won't be surprised like the Patriots were by what Denver did early in that game.

No amount of gyrating like he's doing the St. Vitas dance or yelling Omaha 587 times at the line will save Manning from a very good rush like the Panthers have and he can't escape like Newton.

Also, Denver's offensive line is weaker than Carolina's. Khalil Mack of the Raiders had 5 sacks on Denver.

If Carolina starts anything like they have in the playoffs, it will be a rout. I do think the Donkeys can slow them down enough to stay within 2 TDs, though.
How did that prediction work out for ya? Good? LOL

DeltaBoy

The Denver D carried Peyton to a Victory 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

DeltaBoy

Rewatched the game on the Dish and Denver's D acted like they knew the Panthers playbook better than the Panthers did.

Buff

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 09, 2016, 08:41:26 am
Rewatched the game on the Dish and Denver's D acted like they knew the Panthers playbook better than the Panthers did.

They had "36" figured out a long time ago.

j-mann

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2016, 08:45:59 pm
As a Broncos fan, I hate Kubiak. 

One score
i feel u but elway will not get rid of him now   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs