Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carson Palmer is becoming the new Tony Romo.

Started by pigture perfect, January 24, 2016, 08:38:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

Is that a fair statement. Panics in the Red Zone. Throws into rediculous coverages at stupid times. Just see too many similarities.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dr. Starcs

Bad comparison.

Romo has never performed like this in the postseason.

hoglady

My goodness, Palmer could not have played much worse.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 24, 2016, 08:48:02 pm
Bad comparison.

Romo has never performed like this in the postseason.

Ha! Good point. One must actually participate in the post-season before stinking it up in the post-season.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

EastexHawg

clutch

The Cardinals wished they had a QB of Romos caliber today.

riccoar

7 turnovers.  Romo would have had 10.  Nature of trying, and having to, press when you are down by 3 scores.

DeltaBoy

Carolina jumped on them early and did not let off the gas.  Palmer tried his best to get them back in it.  Romo never got this far so there no comparison.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Peterson's fumbled punt return changed this game.
If that doesn't happen maybe Palmer plays with a little more confidence and a lot less desperation.
You had to feel for the guy, especially at the end when it was pick after pick after pick.
Glad I watched it all the way through - the fan flopping out of the stands was hilarious - wonder how drunk that guy was.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 24, 2016, 08:38:26 pm
Is that a fair statement. Panics in the Red Zone. Throws into rediculous coverages at stupid times. Just see too many similarities.

Romo would have choked away the game against Green Bay (if he didn't choke away a game before that).

EastexHawg

Quote from: hoglady on January 25, 2016, 08:34:11 am
Romo would have choked away the game against Green Bay (if he didn't choke away a game before that).

You mean like last year, when Romo was 15 of 19 with 2 TDs and 0 interceptions in the second round of the playoffs at Lambeau...and hit Dez for what would have been the winning score if Bryant hadn't tried to reach for the end zone and lost the ball?

Like the two combined playoff games, when he was 34 of 50 for about 500 yards with 4 TDs and zero picks...after putting up the highest rated December in NFL history to get Dallas into the playoffs?

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 25, 2016, 09:32:29 am
You mean like last year, when Romo was 15 of 19 with 2 TDs and 0 interceptions in the second round of the playoffs at Lambeau...and hit Dez for what would have been the winning score if Bryant hadn't tried to reach for the end zone and lost the ball?

Like the two combined playoff games, when he was 34 of 50 for about 500 yards with 4 TDs and zero picks...after putting up the highest rated December in NFL history to get Dallas into the playoffs?

Romo has blown more big games in his career than he's won.
He's a great fantasy QB who puts up great regular season numbers, but really not the QB I would want leading my team in big games.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000299491/article/tony-romos-10-most-heartbreaking-losses

EastexHawg

Quote from: hoglady on January 25, 2016, 09:46:18 am
Romo has blown more big games in his career than he's won.
He's a great fantasy QB who puts up great regular season numbers, but really not the QB I would want leading my team in big games.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000299491/article/tony-romos-10-most-heartbreaking-losses

Think what you want.  I'm simply replying to your line about "Romo would have choked away the game against Green Bay", as if it is a certainty that he would have folded under pressure.  He in fact played a playoff game last year on Green Bay's home field and didn't choke away anything.  If not for the incompletion ruled on the Dez "didn't complete the catch" play, he would have been 16 of 19 for about 230 yards with no turnovers and an almost certain playoff win.

We all got a good look this year at the kind of surrounding cast Romo has in Dallas, and what the Cowboys would be without him...as in 2-1 with him in the lineup, 2-11 without.  But...I doubt even what we all just witnessed will shut up the "Romo is holding the Cowboys back" crowd.

Dr. Starcs

Yeah, romo sucks.

Play weeden. I mean cassel. I mean Moore.

Wait is Aikman still available?

Smh. Haters gone hate.

Pig In The City

I'm thinking Palmer was injured. His passes in the last two games were crazy off the mark.

WooPig90

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 25, 2016, 09:32:29 am

Dont bring knowledge to someone who knows nothing about football!