Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bengals just punked their way out of the playoffs

Started by bennyl08, January 09, 2016, 11:22:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Wow. They had the game locked up, then they just couldn't control their emotions.

Up by one with a minute and a half left at the Pit 26. First down they fumble. Well, now the steelers have to start inside their own 10 with an injured Big Ben. Ben completes some short passes but now they are at the cincy 47 with 23 seconds and no timeouts. Certainly is possible, but still a longshot to win.

The two teams have been chippy all day. Earlier in the game, Pit defender whollops the head of bengal player who just barely and arguably arbitrarily was no longer defenseless. This put the bengal players in a hissy, particularly a couple of their veteran defenders. On the final drive at that pivotal moment, Burfict who previously injured Ben has a completely dirty play that will likely get him suspended to start next season on Antonio Brown who laid motionless for a while. To make matters worse, Pacman Jones comes in and shoves a ref and the Steelers go from a difficult chance to a textbook 35 yard fg and win the game.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I used to be indifferent about the bungholes.  As a lifelong Steelers fan my pure hatred had been mostly for the rat birds, but after last night I hate everything Cincy.  From fans cheering Ben's injury and throwing things at him while carted off field, to cheering ABC injury, and as Tom Jackson said one fan for sure said I hope he's dead. 

Yes Shazier  hit on Bernardo could have been called.

A classless fan base  ( or some) with a few classless players.  They got just what they deserved last night.

Blank the bunghole  bungles
Let's make some waves.

hoghappy

My friend the Steelers fan has always said that he Hates the Ravens and Patriots more than anyone else. I'm guessing he adds Cincy to that list now.

Dr. Starcs

The steelers aren't much better.

Rapelessberger, Hines ward, porter, Harrison, tomlin.

Virtually every nfl team is full of punks.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 10, 2016, 12:59:38 pm

Hines Ward is an odd duck

PP

husker71

Bengals have to get rid of Lewis.  I dont care how nice a guy he is nor how many regular season games he wins sooner or later you have to win a playoff game.  This is not a sudden thought after the game I have thought this for a long time. 

Dr. Starcs

The average tenure of an nfl coach is 3 years.

He's had more than enough time to win a playoff game.

Jason Garrett gets killed by the Dallas fanbase and even he's won 1.

pigture perfect

My brother in law is a Bengals fan. He's been down on Lewis for about 3 years or more. I'd consider him an average fan from the area.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

True, but there aren't many(except maybe Philadelphia fans) teams with fans that would cheer when an opposing player is hurt, yell "I hope you die" and throw water bottles onto the field when the player is down(Philly fans throw batteries, they are in a league all their own).
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

southarkhog06

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on January 11, 2016, 04:38:54 pm
True, but there aren't many(except maybe Philadelphia fans) teams with fans that would cheer when an opposing player is hurt, yell "I hope you die" and throw water bottles onto the field when the player is down(Philly fans throw batteries, they are in a league all their own).
Pittsburg just seems like a fanbase that would cheer an injury to a hated rival, but thats just an opinion.

I seem to remember Fans cheering at Soldier Field when Favre went down several years back dont quote me on that, though. I just think that it is a symptom of the "football culture" these days.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hvsupastar

Why is Tomlin a punk?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Dr. Starcs

It was bush league what he did on that kick return. Acting like he didnt see the guy. Smh.

Cant remember the exact details, but I believe he paid a pretty hefty fine for his antics that day.

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 12, 2016, 02:18:46 pm
Pittsburg just seems like a fanbase that would cheer an injury to a hated rival, but thats just an opinion.

I seem to remember Fans cheering at Soldier Field when Favre went down several years back dont quote me on that, though. I just think that it is a symptom of the "football culture" these days.

Been to many Games at Heinz, and before that Three Rivers.  Never seen Steeler fans cheer an opposing player being injured.
Let's make some waves.

True and I do believe you are a cow fan?

No team over the years have had more than Dallas.  Yes even when Landry was there.  I mean the cows had Rafael Childmolestien
Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

That's why I said every team has them.

But this thread was specifically about that particular game.