Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jaquayln Crawford

Started by CamArk08, December 16, 2017, 12:28:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CamArk08

2 new crystal ball picks on 247 for him to Arkansas. That would be huge.

Muskliketusk

He's all ours. Already got the Gooners wetting the bed cuz he's an early enrollee. Gonna become a regular thing for us to beat them on Texas kids.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

imtad16

If we steal Crawford from OU, it will be the Sooner's uh oh moment. This will officially put OU and OSU on notice that Chad Morris is in Fayetteville and it just got more crowded in Texas.

HoggusMaximus

to be fair one of the picks was otis

greenie

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 16, 2017, 12:35:25 pm
to be fair one of the picks was otis

Man you guys bang on Otis.  Is he really that bad?  Or is this just a HV thing?

Regardless, excited about the prospect of Crawford.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hollywood870

Did he and the other kid from Ga make it this weekend?

Muskliketusk

Trying to figure out who else we can poach from them. Ol Leach Jr is gonna get embarrassed by HCCM on the recruiting trail. Figuring them getting top 10 classes is over.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Kevin on December 16, 2017, 12:45:56 pm
What position will he play

I think he'd play quicker as a Corner, but we may be offering him as a Receiver to lure him away from OU.

imtad16

I think Jaquayln Crawford could be a great example of why CM ends up being a much better recruiter than his SMU rankings seem to show. He was targeting a lot of 4 star Texans at SMU that had really good offer lists and in the end you can't go to SMU over OU, UT, A&M, Bama, LSU, etc. He has good relationships with the staffs and players and now that he is at Arkansas they are ready to come play for him.

imtad16

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 16, 2017, 12:53:32 pm
I think he'd play quicker as a Corner, but we may be offering him as a Receiver to lure him away from OU.

Which ever it is, CB or WR, I would love to seem him at PR to pair with Warren at KR. We will be very dangerous on punt and kick returns then.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: imtad16 on December 16, 2017, 12:57:22 pm
Which ever it is, CB or WR, I would love to seem him at PR to pair with Warren at KR. We will be very dangerous on punt and kick returns then.

I agree. We need to find the next Joe Adams at PR.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: imtad16 on December 16, 2017, 12:55:10 pm
I think Jaquayln Crawford could be a great example of why CM ends up being a much better recruiter than his SMU rankings seem to show. He was targeting a lot of 4 star Texans at SMU that had really good offer lists and in the end you can't go to SMU over OU, UT, A&M, Bama, LSU, etc. He has good relationships with the staffs and players and now that he is at Arkansas they are ready to come play for him.

The Texas High School coaches will feed Arkansas.  Arkansas is about to take OU and OSU to the wood shed.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Muskliketusk

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 16, 2017, 01:10:04 pm
The Texas High School coaches will feed Arkansas.  Arkansas is about to take OU and OSU to the wood shed.
Yep OU is done in Texas as far as 4 stars. They be fighting Texas Tech and Baylor for the scraps now.

HoggusMaximus

easy to say but they are the ones in the playoffs and were 4 and 8 let's see how it plays out before we start talking about taking ou to the woodshed

Hollywood870

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 16, 2017, 01:13:34 pm
Yep OU is done in Texas as far as 4 stars. They be fighting Texas Tech and Baylor for the scraps now.
Let's come back to reality now...

JusJim

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 16, 2017, 12:49:27 pm
Did he and the other kid from Ga make it this weekend?
Crawford had a playoff game last night so if he made it, it would of been today.

cardinalandwhite

So, funny story. I was in the airport today getting ready to fly home (to XNA) and met a family from Texas. Turns out it was Crawford and his family. They told me who the DC will be, but I can't tell you until after he's announced. Out of respect, you see.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 16, 2017, 01:19:53 pm
Let's come back to reality now...
Just stated the reality. Gooners gunna get the #HammerDown on em.

Peter Porker

Quote from: greenie on December 16, 2017, 12:45:39 pm

No, he's not that bad. It's like "Frank Broyles said Malzahn's offense won't work in the SEC." and "Butt wanted Mallett as a tight end." Just one of those stupid Hogville things.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 16, 2017, 01:31:42 pm
So, funny story. I was in the airport today getting ready to fly home (to XNA) and met a family from Texas. Turns out it was Crawford and his family. They told me who the DC will be, but I can't tell you until after he's announced. Out of respect, you see.

I was at an IHOP and decided to sit with a random family. I asked them why they were in town and they said that the father of the family was there to be the new DC at Arkansas. I asked for a photo and autograph and a picture. I said I'd keep quiet about it and he said I didn't have to, but I will. Out of respect and all.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

jvanhorn

They may make things harder for OSU, but if you think you are going to change a  60-70 year tradition of OU and Texas high school players, especially now that they see they have a chance to win a National Chamionship there, you are truly delusional.

ricepig

I see what you did there........

Hogtimes

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 16, 2017, 01:45:04 pm

They may make things harder for OSU, but if you think you are going to change a  60-70 year tradition of OU and Texas high school players, especially now that they see they have a chance to win a National Chamionship there, you are truly delusional.

Agree.... I wish posters would not make statements like that

1highhog

[/quote

Yeah, and I've got some ocean front property near Asher and University in Little Rock I'm needing to get rid of.

Oklahawg

Waiting for Soonerfan to come on here to say OU doesn't want him anyway.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Piginablankie

Maybe our next joe adams if he stays on offense

RebHog

He is ranked 102 outta 199 "experts" in their rankings with about 60% accuracy atm on his picks. He doesn't deserve a lot of the flak he gets here but take his predictions at basically a coin flip give or take.

Sportsguy

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 16, 2017, 12:30:55 pm
He's all ours. Already got the Gooners wetting the bed cuz he's an early enrollee. Gonna become a regular thing for us to beat them on Texas kids.

Slow down there haus. OU is a playoff team.  They have a top 5 class right now.  Had one last year too. I think Morris is going to do a fantastic job and win a ton,  but to say we are gonna be all of a sudden beating the blue blood in this region is presumptuous.  I hope it comes true,  but even under Petrino and Sugar Bowls they were winning recruiting battles. I just want top 25 classes on yearly basis and be stoked for top 10-15 when they happen. Both will be massive talent upgrades on the hill.

jry04

It is mostly a HV thing. If a HV poster came and said his sources say something they would call everyone they know claiming it as true. As soon as Bo, Dudley, Otis, etc say something they immediately say the opposite will happen because those guys are idiots.

All those crystal balls are just predictions. Nobody knows anymore than the other. They just go off of a feeling.

TNhawgfan

Yep the always ranked between 30-50 in recruiting regardless of coach razorbacks are going to take Oklahoma to the woodshed. Those NCs and heisman winners mean nothing
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Muskliketusk

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 16, 2017, 02:52:39 pm
Yep the always ranked between 30-50 in recruiting regardless of coach razorbacks are going to take Oklahoma to the woodshed. Those NCs and heisman winners mean nothing
Kids don't care about crud won a million years ago. OU has like one recent Heisman that went to a bad kid that didn't deserve it and there last national championship means about as much as ours. HCCM means more to these coaches and players in Texas than some bunch a cheaters in Oklahoma. Prepare yourself for this to become a regular deal. I get why folks might think it sounds crazy cuz we ain't never been in this position before with a coach that's a legend in Texas and whose gotta chance in every living room in the state. OU, OSU, Tech, TCU, Baylor all gonna suffer bad cuz they are gonna be fighting over nothing but SEC scraps.

imtad16

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 16, 2017, 02:52:39 pm

You don't have to act like our ability to recruit is worse than it is to prove OU isn't going away. Of course they're not going a way. They will continue to recruit well.

To say we finish 30 to 50 each year in recruiting is pretty inacurate. I went to the 247 composite rankings for the last 15 seasons and we usually finish 20 to 30. We have only finished above 35 3 times. Do you really think we should be categorized as a program that finishes 30-50 in recruiting every season? What is the point of knocking the program (inaccurately) to argue for another program?

247 Composite Rankings
2017 27th
2016 23rd
2015 22nd
2014 29th
2013 23rd
2012 27th
2011 21st
2010 41st
2009 20th
2008 25th
2007 36th
2006 22nd
2005 26th
2004 18th
2003 42nd
2002 25th

pghawg1

Our recruiting Ranking will come up with us getting more kids out of Texas, isn't most of the recruiting services based in Texas,the same recruiting services are going to know more  about the Texas kids than they do  the Arkansas kids.

blu

Yeah those rankings are so accurate - how many times have we finished in the top 25 in season final rankings? We must either be underachieving or the rankings mean squat. You'd think with Top 29 or better ranked classes in 9 of the last 10 yrs we should have been a lot better and more consistent than we've been.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

imtad16

Quote from: blu on December 16, 2017, 04:00:38 pm
Yeah those rankings are so accurate - how many times have we finished in the top 25 in season final rankings? We must either be underachieving or the rankings mean squat. You'd think with Top 29 or better ranked classes in 9 of the last 10 yrs we should have been a lot better and more consistent than we've been.

Now that is a good point. Weather those are accurate and what happens between when these guys are signed and when they graduate is another conversation. My point is that according to the recruiting "experts" we are more often than not in the top 20-30. It's a little bit of a mystery to me why we can't consistently compete in that some range on the field. My guess is our immediate competition is just finishing consistently higher than us in recruiting. Even that is probably too reductionist of an argument. I'm sure there are multiple factors, but it feels like we should be more consistent on the field.

imtad16

Quote from: pghawg1 on December 16, 2017, 03:57:06 pm
Our recruiting Ranking will come up with us getting more kids out of Texas, isn't most of the recruiting services based in Texas,the same recruiting services are going to know more  about the Texas kids than they do  the Arkansas kids.

This is my hope as well. We have never had a coach with connections like this to our nearest fertile recruiting advantage. I like CM's combination of offensive scheme and ability to replenish the scheme with Texas talent. We could end up being nearly impossible to stop on offense in the future, but can we also put together a good defense will be CM's key.

Hollywood870

Razorpigg

Anyone heard how his visit is going?

195bc

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 16, 2017, 03:01:39 pm
Kids don't care about crud won a million years ago. OU has like one recent Heisman that went to a bad kid that didn't deserve it and there last national championship means about as much as ours. HCCM means more to these coaches and players in Texas than some bunch a cheaters in Oklahoma. Prepare yourself for this to become a regular deal. I get why folks might think it sounds crazy cuz we ain't never been in this position before with a coach that's a legend in Texas and whose gotta chance in every living room in the state. OU, OSU, Tech, TCU, Baylor all gonna suffer bad cuz they are gonna be fighting over nothing but SEC scraps.

Maybe the dumbest post I've ever seen on Hogville. I really hope you were joking, because if not, I'm afraid you have a learning disability. That "like one recent Heisman" is actually three Heisman winners in the past 15 years. The comment about OU's last national championship was so long ago that it means about as much as our last one is retarded. They have nine BCS appearances and two CFP appearances since 2000, including a national championship. Yes, coaches can make or break a program, but according to average weekly ranking in the AP poll, OU is the top college football program in history. That type of success, including enormous recent success, is a major draw to recruits, regardless of who the coach is.

Hogtimes

195bc you have said it very well.   It is enbarrassing

Muskliketusk

Must be embarrassing for you OU fans that your gonna lose one of your bell cow recruits. Bless your hearts.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 16, 2017, 12:30:55 pm
such a wonderful thing
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 16, 2017, 07:48:07 pm
Must be embarrassing for you OU fans that your gonna lose one of your bell cow recruits. Bless your hearts.

So are we recruiting him as CB or WR?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pig in the Pokey

yep. NOBODY is more popular in Texas than these two (Morris and Traylor), especially now that Briles is done.

All this BEFORE we name Venables as DC! bwahahaahahahahaha
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 16, 2017, 07:48:07 pm
I like your posts. they are dope af.

+1

OneTuskOverTheLine™

A little of both, but mostly a Hogville thing. If you're wrong once, or charge for your information your dead to this place...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Just watch the first 2 plays on his HUDL and you'll have borderline eroticism.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3263308/5839e385dfd8b9282c440761

Peter Porker

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 16, 2017, 07:56:50 pm
A little of both, but mostly a Hogville thing. If you're wrong once, or charge for your information your dead to this place...

Not necessarily. Davenport is still regarded on here.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 16, 2017, 02:23:23 pm
Waiting for Soonerfan to come on here to say OU doesn't want him anyway.

This is such a great thing.