Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brian Kelly Must be So Butt Hurt he wants to Leave

Started by Root66, January 09, 2013, 10:30:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HG

I can see the headline now:  "Saban Forces Kelly to Pull a Saban"

I do like the fact that Kelly is apparently "not in the country."  It takes an epic beating to force someone to flee the country.

Root66

Quote from: HG on January 09, 2013, 10:41:56 pm
I can see the headline now:  "Saban Forces Kelly to Pull a Saban"

I do like the fact that Kelly is apparently "not in the country."  It takes an epic beating to force someone to flee the country.

Kelly has obviously been trolling the ND message boards...

idochog

They didn't belong.  Saban coulda hung 50+ on Mantits Teo
I love Jesus!

presidenthog

Quote from: Root66 on January 09, 2013, 10:45:50 pm
Kelly has obviously been trolling the ND message boards...
Someone should go see what they are saying about this.  Some are probably happy. Others might be ready for him to bolt. I would check myself but I cannot read their message board

Root66

Quote from: presidenthog on January 09, 2013, 11:01:12 pm
Someone should go see what they are saying about this.  Some are probably happy. Others might be ready for him to bolt. I would check myself but I cannot read their message board

You're not by yourself. It looks like the Pigpen circa 1998.

razorbrass

Houston Nutt has denied any interest in the Notre Dame job. 

Well someone had to post it.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

bennyl08

Do they have a desirable coaching job? Obviously it is a high profile job and this team just made the natty. But is it enough to pry away a major coach from a major program this late in the season?  Will they go with an interim, doubtful, it is not that late. It would be hilarious to see butch jones leave Tennessee, if only to see them get turned down a few more times.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogman1974

Quote from: razorbrass on January 09, 2013, 11:20:11 pm

+1  I never type LOL.  But I genuinely laughed out loud. 

presidenthog

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 09, 2013, 11:48:08 pm
Do they have a desirable coaching job? Obviously it is a high profile job and this team just made the natty. But is it enough to pry away a major coach from a major program this late in the season?  Will they go with an interim, doubtful, it is not that late. It would be hilarious to see butch jones leave Tennessee, if only to see them get turned down a few more times.
It is inevitable that this sequence of events will occur.

RollTideHog

"After I beat Alabama, my work is done at Notre Dame. There is nothing more for me to accomplish at the college level!" Brian Kelly

Calling All Hogs

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: RollTideHog on January 09, 2013, 11:57:51 pm
"After I beat Alabama, my work is done at Notre Dame. There is nothing more for me to accomplish at the college level!" Brian Kelly
"After it became obvious I will never come close to beating Alabama, there is nothing more for me to accomplish at the college level!" Brian Kelly

presidenthog

Quote from: CallMeHog on January 10, 2013, 12:03:51 am
"After it became obvious I will never come close to beating Alabama, there is nothing more for me to accomplish at the college level!" Brian Kelly
This.. I wonder how Butch Jones's speech will sound when he accepts the job? "Notre Dame is the best program in the nation and it is where I have wanted to coach my whole life I have known it since Brian errrr I mean since I was born. I am pleased to be your new coach."

searkhogfan

No,  HDN has withdrawn from consideration for the Head irish job...

Break & Run

If Kelly leaves, they'll go after Bobby Petrino. Guaranteed. Catholicism is required to be employees by Notre Dame. Players, not so much...

But...Nick Saban is Catholic as well...

Soo......come get em, Notre Dame!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: The Mafia on January 10, 2013, 12:57:16 am
If Kelly leaves, they'll go after Bobby Petrino. Guaranteed. Catholicism is required to be employees by Notre Dame. Players, not so much...

Urban Meyers has stated in he past that ND is his dream job....

Hogfan46

I think this is probably just posturing by Kelly. A raise and contract extension at ND will be the outcome IMO.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoghiker

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 10, 2013, 06:42:53 am
Kelly playing the Press for a pay raise.
Wouldn't that be like asking your boss for a raise right after you lost the company's biggest account. I get he had a great season, but he got his head handed to him on a platter in the payoff game.

HogWall Jackson

He had 1 interview with the Eagles already; he has a 2nd interview scheduled for this week end. He may bail on the Domers!

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: RollTideHog on January 09, 2013, 11:57:51 pm

So you are saying that Kelly will be at ND for a about 5 decades. 
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

The Boar War

Quote from: hoghiker on January 10, 2013, 06:46:24 am
Wouldn't that be like asking your boss for a raise right after you lost the company's biggest account. I get he had a great season, but he got his head handed to him on a platter in the payoff game.

I agree it would be terrible for you or me but college football is not your regular business model.  Also I'll never be paid millions of dollars a year to not do my job.

CDBHawg

Quote from: CallMeHog on January 10, 2013, 01:28:40 am

He's at his dream job currently.

OldCoot

He just took a program that has been way under performing for a decade to the National Championship game.  I'd say he is a very hot commodity. 

I would say A&M's coach might be in the same category but I don't know if A&M's success is primarily because of Johnny Football, kind of like Chizik and Cam Newton.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

idochog

I love Jesus!

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 09, 2013, 11:48:08 pm

that would be too funny.

btw presidenthog, not gonna lie your avatar kinda creeps me out.  that girl looks like she's 12...

dsgreen

Notre Dame should have never been there.  That isn't his fault, that is on the BCS.  Dude took Notre Dame to the title game in 3 years, he should get a shot at the NFL.  Will probably be better than Saban there too.

This thread title is stupid.   

idochog

Would love to see BK leave them after that butt-whooping
I love Jesus!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: CallMeHog on January 10, 2013, 01:28:40 am

Then why didn't he take it before when he was rumored to be their top choice?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Mafia on January 10, 2013, 12:57:16 am

Not sure but I think one former recent head coach wasn't Catholic...............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Root66

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 10, 2013, 12:24:30 pm
Not sure but I think one former recent head coach wasn't Catholic...............

Ara Parseghian was a Presbyterian and there was one in the last few years I think...not sure.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 10, 2013, 11:47:53 am
Then why didn't he take it before when he was rumored to be their top choice?
I'm just stating what Urban said. Who knows what he would really do. Apparently needing to spend more time with his family was a short term thing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Root66 on January 10, 2013, 12:55:09 pm
Ara Parseghian was a Presbyterian and there was one in the last few years I think...not sure.

I was referring to Ty Willingham. Not sure if Bob Davie was either.

Hawg Balling

Well crap, you beat me to it.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: hoghiker on January 10, 2013, 06:46:24 amWouldn't that be like asking your boss for a raise right after you lost the company's biggest account. I get he had a great season, but he got his head handed to him on a platter in the payoff game.

He just got his employer an extra $6.2mil.  That's not losing the big account.

http://onforb.es/WEZ4w7