Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So next week

Started by HiggiePiggy, October 21, 2017, 02:12:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HiggiePiggy

So next week I will have 15k in my account and I am looking for long term dividend stocks. I am looking for a few stocks that cover every month.  So pretty much a few that hit 1,4,7,10. 2,5,8,11. and 3,6,9,12.  These are stocks I am wanting to hold on for awhile.

So any suggestions would be great.  I have 10 that I am considering because I can buy 30 shares of each. 

VZ
KO
T
GM
HP
IP
OHI
PPL
SO
SEP

These are the 10 I have looked at so far.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 02:12:55 pm
So next week I will have 15k in my account and I am looking for long term dividend stocks. I am looking for a few stocks that cover every month.  So pretty much a few that hit 1,4,7,10. 2,5,8,11. and 3,6,9,12.  These are stocks I am wanting to hold on for awhile.

So any suggestions would be great.  I have 10 that I am considering because I can buy 30 shares of each. 

VZ
KO
T
GM
HP
IP
OHI
PPL
SO
SEP

Higgie, if you'll personal message me I'll give you my thoughts.

ricepig

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 02:12:55 pm

VZ
KO
T
GM
HP
IP
OHI
PPL
SO
SEP

I own VZ, T, and I assume HP is HPQ or HPE?, or which I own both. I don't know if I'd buy again, but I'm in from a lot lower entry point, and the first two pay good dividends.

HawgWild

HiggiePiggy, just curious as to why it's important that the dividends be spread out like this? Are you going to take them or reinvest them?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HawgWild on October 21, 2017, 02:52:12 pm
HiggiePiggy, just curious as to why it's important that the dividends be spread out like this? Are you going to take them or reinvest them?

As of right now I am trying to build a monthly income from dividends.  I will be continuing to put $75 a week into my account to keep building up my other stocks I have until my wife and I pay the house off in about 4 years.  After that I will be doing weekly of 100 and probably putting in an extra 500 to 1000 per month. 

Right now I am reinvesting the dividends. Eventually I hope to have it high enough to cover a house bill and more when I get closer to retirement.  I am 36 years old. I have at the moment 10% of my money going to a 401k through work and will increase that to about 30% when my wife and I pay off the house. 

The stocks are on the side. Something I am wanting to also help with 401k when I hit retirement. 

HiggiePiggy

My goal is to retire at 62. My wife will be 68 when I turn 62. 

HawgWild

Appreciate the explanation. At this point in your plan I would place the greatest importance on assembling your investments rather than the timing of their dividend. A lot can happen in 26 years.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HawgWild on October 21, 2017, 03:47:59 pm
Appreciate the explanation. At this point in your plan I would place the greatest importance on assembling your investments rather than the timing of their dividend. A lot can happen in 26 years.

Yeah.  A lot can happen in 26 years.    I started last year buying stocks. Last year I ended with about 350 total in dividends for the year.  This year I am at 530 on the year and should be close to 800 for this year.  I'm hoping to build it up to about 1500 at least for next year.  Lowest month is about 30 dollars and highest month is about 80 at the moment.