Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do we know about DeAnthony Curtis?

Started by Nap, October 20, 2007, 08:49:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nap

Not living in Arkansas, I don't know much of anything about DeAnthony Curtis except that he's one of our top commitments at RB for next year, and he's a four-star athlete.

Anyone want to share some insight as to his running style, attitude, and potential as a Hog?
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

The Boar War

He's got a pretty good attitude.  Some have said he runs like Emmit Smith.  There's a lot more information in the recruiting forum.

UhOhioHog

I've also heard the kid from Texarkana (Dennis Johnson?) rivals the talent of Curtis. 

Curtis is a big back with good speed.  I like that!

BloodHOG

He does look like Emmitt Smith  here is a video to take a peak. :razorback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uDRT0XO6U

tbhogfan

De'Anthony has that prototypical Emmit Smith-type build  5-9 around 210 and very good speed 4.41 in the 40.  He is ranked by Rivals as the #9 RB in the country.  He is a threat receiving out of the backfield.  Last year he actually had more receiving yards than rushing yards. 

Another recruit at RB is Devin Thomas from San Antonio, who unfortunately suffered a season-ending injury a couple of weeks ago. 

Johnson has great talent, but has had some problems off the field.  He is going to make someone a fine RB.

Should McFadden and Jones decide to go pro, the RB spot at Arkansas is in very good hands. 
Go Hogs!

RebelliousHog

Quote from: BloodHOG on October 20, 2007, 09:23:35 am
He does look like Emmitt Smith  here is a video to take a peak. :razorback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uDRT0XO6U

Hard to say how he would do. The Camden offense is far more diversified. (sarcasm)
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Bigmac

He did not play last night against Hope, AR. Not sure if he was injured but Camden did not need him regardless. I was looking forward to seeing him. Youngblood does have a cannon for a arm can throw with a good touch. Anyone know the status on Curtis?

The Camden offense looked like something Malzahn runs. Very effective and very unlike what we have on the hill. Do these players along with those at Warren know something we don't since they all have committed to the Hogs?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Bigmac on October 20, 2007, 11:01:38 am
He did not play last night against Hope, AR. Not sure if he was injured but Camden did not need him regardless. I was looking forward to seeing him. Youngblood does have a cannon for a arm can throw with a good touch. Anyone know the status on Curtis?

The Camden offense looked like something Malzahn runs. Very effective and very unlike what we have on the hill. Do these players along with those at Warren know something we don't since they all have committed to the Hogs?

D was out with a sore shoulder. He'll be alright.

jpenrod1

Quote from: tbhogfan on October 20, 2007, 09:27:12 am
De'Anthony has that prototypical Emmit Smith-type build  5-9 around 210 and very good speed 4.41 in the 40.  He is ranked by Rivals as the #9 RB in the country.  He is a threat receiving out of the backfield.  Last year he actually had more receiving yards than rushing yards. 

Another recruit at RB is Devin Thomas from San Antonio, who unfortunately suffered a season-ending injury a couple of weeks ago. 

Johnson has great talent, but has had some problems off the field.  He is going to make someone a fine RB.

Should McFadden and Jones decide to go pro, the RB spot at Arkansas is in very good hands. 

He has much better speed than Emmit.

Michael11

Quote from: jpenrod1 on October 22, 2007, 12:22:06 pm

Not sure how long it will take him to adjust to being a tailback in college. He is a utility player in high school and only gets about 5 -8 carries a game!
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Michael11 on October 22, 2007, 01:17:32 pm
Quote from: jpenrod1 on October 22, 2007, 12:22:06 pm

Not sure how long it will take him to adjust to being a tailback in college. He is a utility player in high school and only gets about 5 -8 carries a game!

When your an explosive player, you don't just run the ball behind your O line. You split out wide, you return punts and kickoffs, and you even throw it some.  Heck, I've seen D play Defense this year. He's used just like the guy from Cal.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hog Fan from Camden

Its funny, my cousin asked me who Curtis reminded me of and I immediately said Emmit Smith, with more speed.  We both grew up in Camden and are also big Cowboys fans.