Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for #1 Stunna?

Started by blueshog2001, October 17, 2007, 11:02:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blueshog2001

Since you are close to the Warren boys, Have you talked to them about what is going on in Fayetteville?

Michael11

I watched Warren play against Sheridan to open the season. I was very impressed and told many people that this Warren team was every bit as good as the Springdale team. I said that the offensive and defensive lines may not be as big but that this Warren team had much more spead and were alot better in the skill positions other than possibly QB!

I have since been very dissapointed. Yes Warren is winning but why do they look so bad doing it? Is it coaching, players, lack of execution ? Just curious why we are not seeing the dominate Warren team I think we all expected?
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

Hawgballz

Quote from: Michael11 on October 17, 2007, 11:29:41 am
I watched Warren play against Sheridan to open the season. I was very impressed and told many people that this Warren team was every bit as good as the Springdale team. I said that the offensive and defensive lines may not be as big but that this Warren team had much more spead and were alot better in the skill positions other than possibly QB!

I have since been very dissapointed. Yes Warren is winning but why do they look so bad doing it? Is it coaching, players, lack of execution ? Just curious why we are not seeing the dominate Warren team I think we all expected?

They are 7 & 0 with an average score of 38 to 12, so your expectations may be a little high. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hawgballz on October 17, 2007, 12:02:38 pm

They are 7 & 0 with an average score of 38 to 12, so your expectations may be a little high. 

Sounds like his expectations were in the realm of Springdale, envoking the mercy rule every game.  I'm sorry, this Warren team from top to bottom isn't NEARLY as talented as Springdale. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 17, 2007, 12:24:32 pm

Sounds like his expectations were in the realm of Springdale, envoking the mercy rule every game.  I'm sorry, this Warren team from top to bottom isn't NEARLY as talented as Springdale. 

I think you are right.  If you are talking D1 signees then they may be comparable, but when you try to go 22 deep their is no comparison between a 4A & a 7A school.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hamdrag

I agree with earlier post.....alot of difference in classes...they are not close to Springdale team at all 22 positions....Maybe 4-5 skill players but that is it....Plus that conference down there is year in year out one of the most competetive in the state....Lots of good teams in that 8AAA conference.....

#1 STUNNA

They are all still solid commits to the hawgs. But Jay Wright and childs habe been getting recruited hevily bi florida and lsu since there commitment.

blueshog2001

Would a coaching change really affect them? What I am saying are they commit ed to the Hogs or Nutt?

Tomhog™

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on October 17, 2007, 02:30:47 pm
They are all still solid commits to the hawgs. But Jay Wright and childs habe been getting recruited hevily bi florida and lsu since there commitment.

Wow, the top two SEC teams are still going after them?  Has Florida ever recruited a player out of Warren?

#1 STUNNA

Alot of the attention that jay wright is getting is because of the numbers he is putting up this year.

reflectioneternal

That would be correct.  Warren has more talented skill players but the o-lines and d-lines have no comparison

Tomhog™

Quote from: reflectioneternal on October 17, 2007, 11:43:46 pm

That would be correct.  Warren has more talented skill players but the o-lines and d-lines have no comparison

We tend to forget about Bartley Webb, an elite OL that went to Notre Dame.  Springdale did have good linemen.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 18, 2007, 08:36:10 am

We tend to forget about Bartley Webb, an elite OL that went to Notre Dame.  Springdale did have good linemen.

Considering that there are about 6,000 people in Warren, what they are doing is much more impressive.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on October 19, 2007, 12:17:29 am

Considering that there are about 6,000 people in Warren, what they are doing is much more impressive.

Population aside, what they are doing on the field isn't in the same league as what Springdale did to the opposition. 

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 19, 2007, 08:21:18 am

Population aside, what they are doing on the field isn't in the same league as what Springdale did to the opposition. 

But, I didn't put it aside. 

Tomhog™

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on October 19, 2007, 11:32:18 am
Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 19, 2007, 08:21:18 am

But, I didn't put it aside. 

We are talking about expectations, not population base.  It is remarkable that a small town has produced so much Division I talent.  I still don't see it as 'much more' impressive than Springdale.