Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eligibility question

Started by LJHOG, October 17, 2007, 05:50:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LJHOG

I have read on this board and others that Arkansas cannot sign some players that say South Florida, Tulsa, etc can.  The statement is they can't be eligible here or any SEC school.  Why is that or is that true?  I thought the NCAA set the requirements.  I understand some schools like Vandy or Norte Dame may set their own above and beyond the NCAA, but are there different standards for different conferences?
Please, I'm not asking for the comments on the recruiting abilities of any coach just some information.

Tomhog™

SEC standards are higher than some conferences like the Gulf South.  Tulsa actually has higher standards than Arkansas from what I have heard in the past.  The NCAA has their standards, each conference has their own set of standards, and each school has the same.  NCAA is the bare minimum, the conference can go with it or add to it, as each school can.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 17, 2007, 09:02:17 am
SEC standards are higher than some conferences like the Gulf South.  Tulsa actually has higher standards than Arkansas from what I have heard in the past.  The NCAA has their standards, each conference has their own set of standards, and each school has the same.  NCAA is the bare minimum, the conference can go with it or add to it, as each school can.

I have heard the same said about Tulsa, but I do know that Dee Williams can not academically qualify in the SEC, but is academically eligible at Tulsa so I am not sure I believe the "Tulsa has higher standards" comment.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!