Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simpson commits to.........

Started by Hawgballz, October 16, 2007, 07:57:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Tomhog™

I would much rather us sign a center since Hill will be fulfilling his eligibility after this season.  That should be a target area for Pel.  We are filled at the PG position and have some youth in the 2 and 3 spot.  Rotnei Clarke should still be the primary target and our marquee commitment.  That would give 5 commitments there.  I'd use the 6th commitment on a center, and save the 7th for the 2009 recruiting class.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 16, 2007, 11:23:25 am
I would much rather us sign a center since Hill will be fulfilling his eligibility after this season.  That should be a target area for Pel.  We are filled at the PG position and have some youth in the 2 and 3 spot.  Rotnei Clarke should still be the primary target and our marquee commitment.  That would give 5 commitments there.  I'd use the 6th commitment on a center, and save the 7th for the 2009 recruiting class.

I agree up to a certain point.  With Moore & Clark on board, I am not regretting losing Simpson.  However, I believe Coach Pel is not as worried about the center position as some fans are.  I believe that he feels that Clark can fill that position at 6'10", if a better option does not present itself.  I believe that Rotnei Clarke is our 1 (and only) priority at this time, although I am sure we are looking at backup plans.  If Clarke commits, then I believe we are done recruiting this year and our Class of 2008 will consist of Fortson, Moore, Clark & Clarke.  I believe Joyner has 2 very high hurdles to clear and that he will not be a Razorback.  First, his chances are at best 50% for him to qualify, then with the commitment of Fortson and the fact that we have Gulley & Walton instate for 2009, I see us "letting him go somewhere else" even if he does qualify.  That has us using 4 scholarships this year and saving 2 for 2009 when we have 2 very good instate recruits and a ton of interest from top out of state recruits.  By my count we will have 7 scholarship players returning in 2008 (Beverley, Britt, Patsatsia, Rakestraw, Sanchez, Washington & Welsh) and no seniors, so unless someone bolts for the NBA (Washington most likely) or leaves the program, we will only have 6 scholarships for the 2008 & 09 recruiting classes.  Someone please correct me, if I am mistaken.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!