Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarrrk!

Started by JoyDivision, October 15, 2007, 06:09:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyDivision

wps!  Andre Clark commits!

AHSC412

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

bigyellowdog

Great News! 

Sports Rap>>>>>DTS

WPS!!!

WMHawgfan

Can somebody give me a HELL YEAH!

Moore last night.
Clark today.

Pel is showing the people what a real coach can do!

badbrad

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: GO HOGS!!! GO PELPHREY!!! FIRE NUTT!!!

RZRBack_FAN

Im so ready for basketball!!!

cj_sez

Yeah...seems like the coaches made a team effort to recruit him....

Aggressive recruiting.....get a clue Nutt...

AHSC412

LOL CAN HE PLAY QUARTERBACK?!?!

Table Rocker

aristotle

For a list of current Arkansas commitments:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=6&Sport=2

Plus the shooter from overseas. I like Pelphrey making a big splash early.

I think the Gragg kid recruited by David Lee is on there by mistake. Football perhaps?

TMc

Pelphrey is going to be heck here.  I'm ready for basketball.. , the excitement will be back - I can feel it.

happyhawgal

Quote from: badbrad on October 15, 2007, 06:11:26 pm
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: GO HOGS!!! GO PELPHREY!!! FIRE NUTT!!!

:)
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

Hawg_Fan_in_TX

This guy sounds awesome based on who was trying to recruit.  Is he the real deal?  I'm not in Arkansas so I don't get to read much about our recruits.

Table Rocker

if we get rotnei clarke this is going to be one bad ass class.

big john

Pel is showing the people what a real coach can do! oh hell yes. ;D
john goodwin

hogfan54

The Bud will be rocking this year....I can't wait.

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: big john on October 15, 2007, 06:36:57 pm
Pel is showing the people what a real coach can do! oh hell yes. ;D

I sure Hope so. I was never a Stan "The Lamb" Heath Fan. Looking for the B-Ball Hogs to do well under Coach Pel.

CallThemHawgs!

Sorry for the cluelessness, but whats this kids bio like? I havent been keeping up with bball recruits? Any info?

arkjay19

Well, Pel is starting off great on the recruiting trail, now will his team produce on the court?

NMMIHog

Quote from: badbrad on October 15, 2007, 06:11:26 pm
Who's this Nutt fellow you speak of? (sarcasm)

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: HoopHog on October 15, 2007, 07:19:35 pm
Quote from: CallThemHawgs! on October 15, 2007, 07:00:44 pm
Sorry for the cluelessness, but whats this kids bio like? I havent been keeping up with bball recruits? Any info?

Clark?

Andre Clark is 6-9 and about 210 pounds.  He committed to Oklahoma out of North Little Rock high school.  I don't know how he is now, but he was a strong post up player in high school.  He has a very smooth jump shot, so he isn't just banging the rims.  He was REALLY good at driving the baseline with quickness while at NLR. 

While at North Little Rock he took recruiting visits to Indiana, Baylor, Colorado and Kentucky, in addition to Oklahoma.  Notice -- no Arkansas.  But, he chose Oklahoma because of its closeness to home.  Well, he did not have the grade to enroll and was sent to prep school. 

Enter John Pelphrey...

Coach Pelphrey saw that he had enrolled in prep school.  He probably also learned Clark's reson for selecting Oklahoma.  So, Coach Pelphrey and his staff sealed the deal!

Niiiiice, thanks for the info man. Sounds like a plan to me, Im def soooo ready for bball season. This is the first year im actually GLAD I have season tickets. Whooooo

HoggySTruman

3kgthog

It appears Pelphrey is recruiting players to fit his system. They are long and lean and speedy. Hopefully the days of the "thumb up your butt and stand around" offense are gone.

HoopHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 15, 2007, 09:17:20 pm
It appears Pelphrey is recruiting players to fit his system. They are long and lean and speedy. Hopefully the days of the "thumb up your butt and stand around" offense are gone.

I think those days are done!!!

Dr Swineglove

Coach Pel is a man on a mission - excellent recruiting class so far by any objective standard - truely exceptional when you consider he has yet to coach a game that counts. 
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: arkhog9 on October 15, 2007, 07:02:48 pm
Well, Pel is starting off great on the recruiting trail, now will his team produce on the court?

Great post.  I would have sworn Pelphrey was Bruce Pearl by looking at some of the posts.  He has not won a game yet but he is being talked about like he is Coach K. 

HawgG

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on October 16, 2007, 12:49:06 am

Great post.  I would have sworn Pelphrey was Bruce Pearl by looking at some of the posts.  He has not won a game yet but he is being talked about like he is Coach K. 

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

The Boar War

Youre right no one knows how this is going to pan out yet.  Is that any reason not to have hope?  So far Pelphrey has passed every test he's been given.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on October 16, 2007, 02:24:32 am

with new coaches comes new hope.

happens like that just about everywhere.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: The Boar War on October 16, 2007, 06:58:01 am

Youre right no one knows how this is going to pan out yet.  Is that any reason not to have hope?  So far Pelphrey has passed every test he's been given.

What tests has he been given. He has 6 or 7 scholarships to give out at a major D1 basketball program and at this point Courtney Fortson has been the most impressive sign.  Like I mentioned earlier he is signing a decent class and meeting needs but by no means is he setting the world on fire in recruititng.  Recruiting Andre Clark is like recruiting Darren McFaldden for the football team, they both wanted to be Razorbacks.  I have no dobut Arkansas will have a good team this year but beyond that I will wait and see. 

Hogs4Ever

It's exciting to get a coach with some fire in his belly!  Give 'em hell Pell!  WPS!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Razorod

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on October 16, 2007, 07:52:28 am

What tests has he been given. He has 6 or 7 scholarships to give out at a major D1 basketball program and at this point Courtney Fortson has been the most impressive sign.  Like I mentioned earlier he is signing a decent class and meeting needs but by no means is he setting the world on fire in recruititng.  Recruiting Andre Clark is like recruiting Darren McFaldden for the football team, they both wanted to be Razorbacks.  I have no dobut Arkansas will have a good team this year but beyond that I will wait and see. 
I basically agree. What I like most about this recruiting class is that Pel has shown he can develop a good back-up plan if his first choice doesn't necessarily pan out. To me it's obvious that Simpson and either Henry or Ramsey were the first options for the two bigs, but Pel came back nicely and got Moore and Clark when those players opted for other schools. To me, that is an upgrade over Heath who seemed to be all or nothing when it came to recruiting. At least with Pel, it's all or something rather than nothing.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Razorod on October 16, 2007, 08:18:02 am

I basically agree. What I like most about this recruiting class is that Pel has shown he can develop a good back-up plan if his first choice doesn't necessarily pan out. To me it's obvious that Simpson and either Henry or Ramsey were the first options for the two bigs, but Pel came back nicely and got Moore and Clark when those players opted for other schools. To me, that is an upgrade over Heath who seemed to be all or nothing when it came to recruiting. At least with Pel, it's all or something rather than nothing.

yeah
when Daniel Gibson opted for Texas when everyone thought he was ours, we picked up Dontell Jefferson as a replacement.

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 16, 2007, 08:44:26 am
Quote from: Razorod on October 16, 2007, 08:18:02 am

yeah
when Daniel Gibson opted for Texas when everyone thought he was ours, we picked up Dontell Jefferson as a replacement.

One thing 4sure is that Coach Pel has much better asst. coaches on staff then Stan did for 4 of his 5 seasons as Razorbacks HC.

It is by no mistake that Arkansas was prepared to have it's best ever recruiting class in '08 because of the influence of Glenn Cyprien.Heath is not a great recruiter on his own as I have pointed out before and is being proven once again with his major struggles at USF.

In all fairness to Heath he wanted to make changes on his staff while at Arkansas, but wasn't allowed to get the guy(s) that he believed he needed.When I think about it sometimes,, it is amazing he did as well as he did considering all the obstacles he faced inside and outside the University.

toshortrock

i'm glad to see this,why is it always somebody saying something negative,,there;s a couple on here that can;t help it,why don't u guys go find somethng else to do
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Tomhog™

This class won't rank up where Kentucky and Florida will end up (top 10), but the class will be respectable (around 15-20).  That's not where I expect Pelphrey to recruit year in and year out.  If he takes this team to the next level like we all hope, he will get national attention, with more and more elite recruits looking at Arkansas.  Make no mistake, it will take Pel 2-3 years minimum to develop the team into a championship calibur team, one that can make the Final 4.  They players he has no can make a run, but I don't think a very deep one in the NCAAT.  This is what I'd consider a realistic, best-case scenario.  Let's hope it comes to pass.

The_Iceman

i expect pelphrey to get classes yearly have one 5-star recruit, with a couple of 4 star guys.

if he has the success, displays a fun style of play, and works hard at recruiting, we will be back to where we were in the 90's.

i honestly can see Pelphrey taking us to the next level.

Adam Stokes

October 18, 2007, 02:20:08 pm #40 Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 02:23:56 pm by ajs15razorman
Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 18, 2007, 08:34:34 am
This class won't rank up where Kentucky and Florida will end up (top 10), but the class will be respectable (around 15-20).

Not so sure, this year if we get Rotnei and Terrance doesn't qualify, we will have two 4-stars and two 3-stars.  In last year's rankings 2 four star's and two three star's would've gotten us around 27th.  If we miss out on Rotnei our class won't even be top 30.  Maybe the ratings on some of the players will go up to improve our ranking. 

I do have a question though, why is Andre Clark not even rated in the top 150 considering all of the prestigious offers he's received?  With those type of offers he should be a top 50 player.  He was ranked the # 19 center, back in June but is no longer even listed.

Razorod

Quote from: ajs15razorman on October 18, 2007, 02:20:08 pm
Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 18, 2007, 08:34:34 am
This class won't rank up where Kentucky and Florida will end up (top 10), but the class will be respectable (around 15-20).

Not so sure, this year if we get Rotnei and Terrance doesn't qualify, we will have two 4-stars and two 3-stars.  In last year's rankings 2 four star's and two three star's would've gotten us around 27th.  If we miss out on Rotnei our class won't even be top 30.  Maybe the ratings on some of the players will go up to improve our ranking. 

I do have a question though, why is Andre Clark not even rated in the top 150 considering all of the prestigious offers he's received?  With those type of offers he should be a top 50 player.  He was ranked the # 19 center, back in June but is no longer even listed.
I've noticed over the years that players who go to prep school sometimes get lost in the shuffle. He wasn't that highly regarded until the summer after his senior season. My guess is they didn't really bother with his rankings that much.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.