Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How bad did Starting 0-3 in the SEC and loosing to Auburn hurt our recruting?

Started by hogtrack776, October 13, 2007, 11:20:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtrack776

How bad did starting 0-3 in the SEC and loosing to Auburn hurt our recruting?

Hugehogsfan

Well I am going to say that it isn't going to have a positive effect.

Harrisonhogfan

I think it will help. Look at the team the incoming freshman have to be thinking "I will get some playing time" At least I HOPE!!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogtrack776 on October 13, 2007, 11:20:39 pm

Depends on who the next coach is.  If we have one in place before the second week in January when most schools host 15-20 recruits at a time then we should be fine considering the majority of our class is Arkansas bred.  I think the Kentucky verbal committ that was 50/50 probably just saw his homestate school beat the #1 team in the nation and score 43pts and Arkansas score 7. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on October 14, 2007, 02:30:53 am

Depends on who the next coach is.  If we have one in place before the second week in January when most schools host 15-20 recruits at a time then we should be fine considering the majority of our class is Arkansas bred.  I think the Kentucky verbal committ that was 50/50 probably just saw his homestate school beat the #1 team in the nation and score 43pts and Arkansas score 7. 

I hope a decision to find another coach will be done quickly to avoid losing a large portion of the class.  I have no confidence in Arkansas winning over 2 conference games, which should get the coach fired with a 10 win season sandwiched between two losing seasons.  The coaches have to take blame for the weak recruiting that has been done with this year being the only exception.

Porkatarian

Since HDN and his staff decided not to bring anybody in for official visits this weekend, I'd say the coaching staff hurt recruiting more than the loss to Auburn.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

tbhogfan

The saving grace is that so many of the recruits are from Arkansas this year. 

What I am dearly hoping is that whatever moves are made regarding coaching staffs are made quickly enough to allow a new staff time to cement the current recruiting class and add to it.
Go Hogs!

J Man

Quote from: Porkatarian on October 14, 2007, 09:29:43 am

Since HDN and his staff decided not to bring anybody in for official visits this weekend, I'd say the coaching staff hurt recruiting more than the loss to Auburn.

Porkatarian out...

It more than likley helped recruiting not letting them witness the Auburn game in person.

CarolinaHog1176

it definitely can't help, especially with the top tier guys that we're after.  plus, it definitely can't help that there's probably (hopefully) going to be a coaching change at the end of the season.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE