Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stephen Clegg - Very good RB from Malvern!

Started by Razorhogs, October 13, 2007, 02:02:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorhogs

October 13, 2007, 02:02:50 pm Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:14:24 am by Razorhogs
Does anybody know anything about this kid?  He is a RB from Malvern.  I watched him last night when Malvern played Camden Fairview.  Without a doubt he was the best back on the field.  "Sorry, De'Anthony Curtis"  This kid has a rare combo of speed and power.  Talking to Malvern fans they say he does this every week.  Someone is going to get a very good RB.

I can understand why the Hogs went after Youngblood and Curtis, but Askew did nothing.  I hope he is better than what I saw last night.   

rockstar

i,ve seen him. he is the best back out of this state since darren mcfadden. what amazies me is he is breaking solid hit tackels and put moves on for the next guy already. reminds me of barry sanders& thurman thomas. his team malvern is not very good, but he can always keep his team in the game.

VenturaHog

mhogs

Name is actually Stephen Clegg...He's averaging over 200 a game and had something like 320 and 4 td's last night against Camden.

CarolinaHog1176

WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

HulkHoggin

Stats would be even better but when they played Hope Bobcats the team was held to -10 yards rushing,,,With that being said, our coaches may be a screwed up bunch, but they can evaluate RB talent.....

duckbutter

watched him against hope....held them to -6 yards total offense in the second half... sorry didn't see anything special here...was shocked to see them score 40+ on c.f.

FBPLAYER65

Yeah our coaches can evalutate RB talent. Korey Sutton, Radale Pearson, Kyle Payne, Farod Jackson, Kyle Dickerson, De'Arrius Howard were all studs. The only RB's we have had that have been worth a damn were locks to be good players at the next level. You don't have to evaluate guys like Cobbs, McFadden or Jones.

HulkHoggin

Don't be myopic!  Every program in America has a list like the one you just put out.... :-\

HulkHoggin

Maybe the real issue is our failure to develop the talent that these kids have.  Farod Jackson was rated the #1 or #2 fullback in the country his senior year....

mhogs

Quote from: duckbutter on October 14, 2007, 07:31:13 am
watched him against hope....held them to -6 yards total offense in the second half... sorry didn't see anything special here...was shocked to see them score 40+ on c.f.

You do relize he was hurt in the first half of that game and didn't play in the second much if at all...

yraciv

Quote from: mhogs on October 14, 2007, 12:28:15 pm

You do relize he was hurt in the first half of that game and didn't play in the second much if at all...

Tell me why this guy isn't on rivals or scout.  I've never seen him, so I'll hold off on judgment, but my impression from what you said is he could be a productive RB at a DII school.

rockstar

i guess maybe he could go to auburn are tulsa and kick are butt every year.

Razorhogs

Quote from: yraciv on October 14, 2007, 04:02:31 pm

Tell me why this guy isn't on rivals or scout.  I've never seen him, so I'll hold off on judgment, but my impression from what you said is he could be a productive RB at a DII school.

From what I have seen I think he could DI running back not DII

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: yraciv on October 14, 2007, 04:02:31 pm

I have not seen anthing on Rivals or Scout about Carson Knowlton from West Memphis, and he is a good player but a little undersized.  He was all over the place when West Memphis played against Marion.