Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Adams

Started by Ish O, October 10, 2007, 09:36:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ish O

Sounds like the Hogs are making progress with him. I hope he realizes that if he stays in state and plays for the home team that he has the chance to be a state legand. I love it that Cruz Williams and the students at CAC are recruiting him daily to stay here and play for the Hogs. I've been to LA and seen the USC campus. It is nothing like Arkansas and he'd be miserable living out there.

Tomhog™

I hope it's for a new staff.  I just don't feel the current staff is capable of developing the skill position players.  They are good at developing running backs, line talent, and even a few line backers, but I have yet to see good development in the WR, QB, and DB roles.  Chris Houston is about the only exception to the DB development.

TN_Realist

Chris Houston is the exception because he ran a 4.39 and could bench press the rest of our secondary's combined weight

Ish O

Sad but true Tomhog. If the Hogs do have a coaching change at the end of the year I hope he can keep our guys who have already committed.

Tomhog™

Quote from: TN_Realist on October 10, 2007, 10:19:10 am
Chris Houston is the exception because he ran a 4.39 and could bench press the rest of our secondary's combined weight

I totally agree with him being an exception because he was a freak of nature.

The_Iceman

i think alot of these guys are committed to the hogs.... not nutt. so if nutt leaves, even better for them IMO. Especially if they bring in a top-line assistant that brings excitement back to the program, you may see guys like Joe Adams commit to us, especially is Gus comes back as the OC.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: DonewithNuttless on October 10, 2007, 10:43:15 am
i think alot of these guys are committed to the hogs.... not nutt. so if nutt leaves, even better for them IMO. Especially if they bring in a top-line assistant that brings excitement back to the program, you may see guys like Joe Adams commit to us, especially is Gus comes back as the OC.

A lot of the out of state recruits are committed to the staff and not the hogs.  Arkansas will lose at least 3 guys if Nutt leaves but it will be for the better in the long run.  Marcal Robinson, Thomas Shuler and others are higly likely to decommit if there is a change. 

Winner

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 10, 2007, 10:30:25 am
Quote from: TN_Realist on October 10, 2007, 10:19:10 am

I totally agree with him being an exception because he was a freak of nature.

Chris Houston also got the benefit of Louis Campbell's one year back on the field.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Ish O on October 10, 2007, 09:36:43 am
Sounds like the Hogs are making progress with him. I hope he realizes that if he stays in state and plays for the home team that he has the chance to be a state legand. I love it that Cruz Williams and the students at CAC are recruiting him daily to stay here and play for the Hogs. I've been to LA and seen the USC campus. It is nothing like Arkansas and he'd be miserable living out there.

He says he's still solid for USC. How is that progess? It's like the couple who are trying to get pregnant but can't. I guess everytime they have sex they're making progress.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Wu Tang Clan

How can you be miserable around the women at USC.  They have thousands more women who look a thousand times better than anything Arkansas has to offer.  Arkansas is in the middle of nowhere and UCA has more talent as far as women goes.   

Adam Stokes

Quote from: drakehog on October 10, 2007, 11:29:39 am

He says he's still solid for USC. How is that progess? It's like the couple who are trying to get pregnant but can't. I guess everytime they have sex they're making progress.

Because USC wouldn't want him if they knew he was teeter tottering.  He has to say he is commited fully to USC until he decides to switch over.

Hawgballz

He also says that he likes Coach Horton & enjoys the weekly phone calls that he gets from Tim.  Every recruit says he is still solid right up until he decommits and goes somewhere else.  Andre Clark was solid to Oklahoma last week, this week he has decommitted and will very likely commit to Arkansas by sometime next week.  I mean, what is a kid suppose to say "I am really close to decommitting, so you USC fans can go ahead and start ragging on me now".  Come on Drake, you know how it works.  I am not saying that he is getting ready to decommit, just that even if he was he would not be able to say it.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

PigWig

Its as simple as this.  If Nutt is here next year, Joe Adams won't be.  If Nutt is gone, Joe signs with the Hogs.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hawgballz on October 10, 2007, 11:50:13 am

He also says that he likes Coach Horton & enjoys the weekly phone calls that he gets from Tim.  Every recruit says he is still solid right up until he decommits and goes somewhere else.  Andre Clark was solid to Oklahoma last week, this week he has decommitted and will very likely commit to Arkansas by sometime next week.  I mean, what is a kid suppose to say "I am really close to decommitting, so you USC fans can go ahead and start ragging on me now".  Come on Drake, you know how it works.  I am not saying that he is getting ready to decommit, just that even if he was he would not be able to say it.

When I get a little more solid evidence that he is leaning a different way, outside of enjoying Coach Horton's phone calls, then I'll buy that we're making progess. If answering our phone calls is making progress, our recruiting is in a heap of trouble. It's been in a heap of trouble for the most part for several seasons now.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: PigWig on October 10, 2007, 12:17:55 pm
Its as simple as this.  If Nutt is here next year, Joe Adams won't be.  If Nutt is gone, Joe signs with the Hogs.

Can we get Kodi and Lee to leave Auburn, and Mustain and Williams back from USC too?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: drakehog on October 10, 2007, 12:23:03 pm

Can we get Kodi and Lee to leave Auburn, and Mustain and Williams back from USC too?

I wish we could get rid of this cancerous tumor we have on our NUTTS!
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Ish O

My points exactly. Tim Horton is doing a very good job with him.

PigWig

Quote from: drakehog on October 10, 2007, 12:23:03 pm

That would make for a hell of a team.

Too bad we still have Nuttless.

Ish O

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on October 10, 2007, 11:43:13 am

How can you be miserable around the women at USC.  They have thousands more women who look a thousand times better than anything Arkansas has to offer.  Arkansas is in the middle of nowhere and UCA has more talent as far as women goes.  

The women at USC are A+ but there is plenty of female talent in Fayetteville/NWA. And I don't think that the campus at Arkansas is surrounded by a large brick wall with barbed wire in places to keep drive by shootings from happening.

Peppa Pig

Quote from: Ish O on October 10, 2007, 01:07:45 pm

The women at USC are A+ but there is plenty of female talent in Fayetteville/NWA. And I don't think that the campus at Arkansas is surrounded by a large brick wall with barbed wire in places to keep drive by shootings from happening.

That's why I can't believe UCLA doesn't do better than USC.  UCLA is in Beverly Hills and USC is in South Central.  How could anyone who sees both campuses choose SC???

Stud_Fan

Look it is this simple.  No top tier recruit is going to jump on board right now.  It is not that Nutt is here, it is that everyone is yelling for him to leave.  Why would anyone want to come to a school under those circumstances, never knowing when your coach may lose his job.  I would say that it is morelikely that we will lose a few.  I am an extreme optimist but I am just sayin, dont expect for this class to look the way it does right now.

But as far as the recruiting process goes up here.  Our campus is simply amazingly beautiful.  Our facilities are astonishing.  And the girls are spectacular.  Trust me I see them every day.  This campus has nothing but upside.  It is probably what pulls a lot of guys in.

Go Hogs!  :razorback:
CF. Go Hogs!

Jim Harris

Quote from: poohpig on October 10, 2007, 03:17:45 pm

That's why I can't believe UCLA doesn't do better than USC.  UCLA is in Beverly Hills and USC is in South Central.  How could anyone who sees both campuses choose SC???

When UCLA gets the right coach, the Bruins will. They were there offensively, but not defensively, under Bob Toledo. Only needed to beat Miami on the road (lost 49-45) to make the championship game and knock Tennessee out of it in 1998. Didn't get the job done. Dorrell has them playing very well on certain days (such as whipping OU in 2005) and being absent on other days. And now they have a quarterback problem, having to play with a walkon with the two starters out. There is enough talent in southern California to populate two great football teams, though. Coaching does matter. Tommy Prothro was a damn good coach for the Bruins way back when.

Conway Cool Daddy

Drakehog, I have some questions that are a little off subject.

Which is worse, keeping Nutt and losing players that are looking elsewhere or firing NUtt and possibly losing some recruits that have committed (and may or may not change their mind?)

In my mind I see this balancing out. I think with a new coach Joe Adams might take a second look. I also think the kids from Warren are crazy to go to Arkansas and learn how to be blocking Wrs and uncoached DBs under Nutt. Surely they are rethinking their committs.

???

Porkahontas

Joe Adams isn't coming as long as Houston Nutt is here. He may not come even if Nutt leaves. It'd take getting a coach like a Gary Pinkel, a Butch Davis, maybe a Brent Venables, someone who can and will commit to a balanced attack.

If I were a QB or a WR, there is NO way in hell I'd ever play under Houston Nutt if I had any dreams or desires to go pro and if I had offers anywhere else in Division I.

Houston Nutt is a QB graveyard and it's not much better for the WR's under Nutt.

FBPLAYER65

I am done with Arkansas if we hire Gary Pinkel. And how can anyone say UCA has better looking women than UA? UCA is where UA rejects go.

Hawgballz

Quote from: RoyalHog on October 10, 2007, 03:59:39 pm
Joe Adams isn't coming as long as Houston Nutt is here. He may not come even if Nutt leaves. It'd take getting a coach like a Gary Pinkel, a Butch Davis, maybe a Brent Venables, someone who can and will commit to a balanced attack.

If I were a QB or a WR, there is NO way in hell I'd ever play under Houston Nutt if I had any dreams or desires to go pro and if I had offers anywhere else in Division I.

Houston Nutt is a QB graveyard and it's not much better for the WR's under Nutt.

It is nice to know what you would do, but you are not Joe Adams, thankfully.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on October 10, 2007, 03:50:47 pm
Drakehog, I have some questions that are a little off subject.

Which is worse, keeping Nutt and losing players that are looking elsewhere or firing NUtt and possibly losing some recruits that have committed (and may or may not change their mind?)

In my mind I see this balancing out. I think with a new coach Joe Adams might take a second look. I also think the kids from Warren are crazy to go to Arkansas and learn how to be blocking Wrs and uncoached DBs under Nutt. Surely they are rethinking their committs.

???

I think the right coach (i.e., somewhat of a proven name) gets any of the commitments they already have that they want to keep. There is nothing Nutt has done in the past eight years to prove that he'd do anything different that spend 80 percent of the practice time on running the football. He can say he wants to do things differently, but he won't allow himself (and, I guess the fan base or the administration wouldn't allow) the time to do something differently. Changing the philosophy takes more than spring practice, August drills and one game. You can't shuck it all after one game either. Like him or hate him, Pinkel stuck with his decision to change his offensive philosophy and turn it over to someone else. They were just about ready to can him. He was hot-seat No. 3 or higher. Now they are rolling in the Big 12 North. Which, of course, isn't to be confused with the sec east or west, but nevertheless they are doing something right offensively.
Nutt won't change offensively, nor will he recruit hard enough defensively. I don't see much in the way of defensive line behemoths coming this way in the class yet.

Keep Nutt, and win five or six games at best in 2008-09, eight games or so, with an outside chance at 9 or even 10 with some great fortune, in 2010. That's the best case scenario as I see it.

The Boar War

I don't know about you but that sounds like good progress to me.

In all seriousness Joe cannot afford to be (career-wise) anything but solid in his commitment to SC.  If he is not certain about Arkansas and acts like he might still be considering other schools SC will drop him at a moments notice.  They have too much talent that are dying to be trojans.  If he drops his commitment in favor of the hogs (or any other school) he will be 100% certain that's where he's going.

mbgrulz

girls gone wild is in NWA right now, so you know there is plenty of talent roaming these hills.

if you walk through campus on a hot day at 2 or 3 oclock, and you don't see anything you like, then you are elton john.

The_Iceman

who is better?:

Joe Adams or Jarious Wright

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: DonewithNuttless on October 10, 2007, 06:41:39 pm
who is better?:

who knows... how about it joe?  you want to sign on with the hogs and figure out who's got the best stats after your 3-4 years here?  ;)

also, did anybody notice that adams is listed as a CB on Rivals now?  #27 in the nation.  what happened to all of the speculation that he didn't want to come to arkansas because they wanted him as a DB?  that he was going to USC because they throw the ball and he's going to be a WR?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

1longshot

Do I smell smoke from freshly torched assumptions.

#1 STUNNA

who is better?:

i have seen both more than once and i would go with jay wright because he has shut down joe one on one when cac played warren in 2006 and jay wright is also running a 4.34

Jim Harris

who is better?:

I keep reading where Arkansas must be telling Joe Adams he can play receiver and return kicks, but having seen him a couple of times this year, I believe he's the best true ready-to-play-in-college defensive back we've seen in Arkansas in a long time.
Jarius Wright is a better, game-breaking receiver type and is slightly faster, it seems. Joe Adams has unbelievable reaction time for safety (or any defensive back position) and closing speed. They would have to be one-two in the state in big-time talent.

yraciv

UCA has a higher female ratio, more talent is a big negative.  I guess some people j/ prefer the southern lady.  I definately do, but both campuses aren't lacking.

yraciv

October 11, 2007, 12:52:00 am #35 Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:58:52 am by yraciv
Quote from: Ish O on October 10, 2007, 01:05:14 pm

My points exactly. Tim Horton is doing a very good job with him.

I'm fine w/ Horton staying along w/ Rocker & Wood, but thats it.

blu

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on October 10, 2007, 04:21:30 pm
I am done with Arkansas if we hire Gary Pinkel. And how can anyone say UCA has better looking women than UA? UCA is where UA rejects go.

Man, I agree with this. Unless things have changed an awful lot since I was in college. I could walk across the UA campus and fall in love 3-4 times.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

J Man

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on October 10, 2007, 04:21:30 pm

Why hate on UCA.  It's a nice school in a different part of the state.  It's by no means where the rejects go.  It's an honors college where in some instances the smart kids go, or maybe the kids that main priority is not to party as much.