Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saw some players at the HPER

Started by Hogbody, August 25, 2008, 08:21:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogbody

Britt was down there, and I believe it was Fortson that was down there also.

And there was some really tall skinny guy down there, bout 6'7" or so it seemed that was with them.
Any idea who that would have been?

Billy

Jason Henry or Montrell Mcdonald would be my first guess.

It coulda been Brandon Moore or Andre Clark also. they are about 6-9 though.

Hogbody

I dunno..he was SKINNY.  Seemed too skinny to be a PF in the the SEC if he was one of them.

Maybe that's just me though.

Table Rocker

Hogbody

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 25, 2008, 09:08:01 pm
vincent hunter?
haha..he wasnt that skinny
besides I know what all the players look like that were around last year.

The_Iceman

Andre Clark was there tonight around 9. He is only about 6'8" from what i could tell. He is very skilled, but is really raw. He's got length, speed, quickness, and ball handling....but could improve his shot and finishing strong at the rim.

Corkscrew Johnson

August 26, 2008, 09:05:10 am #7 Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:20:59 am by Corkscrew Johnson
vincent hunter?

looks like they've already passed laws banning vincent hunters in italy, spain, and france.  could the US be next?  personally i think its great news...its sickening to see children striving to emulate this unhealthy mental image and also getting pushed around the lane.

http://www.stylelist.com/shopping/french-skinny-law

jry04

Players are down there all the time. Some of the football players work out at night in there. Pbev, Welsh, Ervin, and Townes use to all go down there and play. Modica is always in there. You will likely see many players in there in the future.

Hogbody

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on August 26, 2008, 12:08:03 pm
Players are down there all the time. Some of the football players work out at night in there. Pbev, Welsh, Ervin, and Townes use to all go down there and play. Modica is always in there. You will likely see many players in there in the future.

I've seen many players over the past couple years already.  I wasnt trying to say it was weird or anything, just that I didnt know who that one person was since it was somebody new.  And Modica seems to usually be lifting weights, not playing pickup.

COCHISE

vincent hunter?
I know where Vincent used to hang out the night before games, or at least the night before last years Ole Miss game, until well after midnight at that.

Hogbody

I think many people would be surprised about some of our players.

Even "good boy" Steven Hill.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Hogbody on August 26, 2008, 12:39:33 pm

Most college athletes are that way.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Table Rocker

Quote from: Hogbody on August 26, 2008, 12:39:33 pm

drank with him many a times in fayetteville, cool cat.

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Hogbody

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 26, 2008, 01:21:46 pm
drank with him many a times in fayetteville, cool cat.

didn't mind takin some bars before the game too.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ArkieRebel on August 26, 2008, 01:45:44 pm
What is HPER?

Health and Physical Education and Recreation........i think

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 26, 2008, 03:48:34 pm
Health and Physical Education and Recreation........i think

+1. Thanks.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

jry04

Quote from: Hogbody on August 26, 2008, 12:11:18 pm
I've seen many players over the past couple years already.  I wasnt trying to say it was weird or anything, just that I didnt know who that one person was since it was somebody new.  And Modica seems to usually be lifting weights, not playing pickup.
I didn't say Modica was playing, just that he was in there. However, he does play. I have played with him a few times. He doesn't really play too hard because he would still dominate. Billy Pharris was in there a few times and it was pretty funny because he was going 100% trying to show people up and was getting pissed when they would lose.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Hogbody on August 25, 2008, 08:21:53 pm
Britt was down there, and I believe it was Fortson that was down there also.

And there was some really tall skinny guy down there, bout 6'7" or so it seemed that was with them.
Any idea who that would have been?

well britt rooms with brandon moore and they are always sitting outside with Fortson. I bet it was B-mo. He got off the elevator on the first day and he's pretty dang skinny
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

The_Iceman

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on August 27, 2008, 08:34:25 am
I didn't say Modica was playing, just that he was in there. However, he does play. I have played with him a few times. He doesn't really play too hard because he would still dominate. Billy Pharris was in there a few times and it was pretty funny because he was going 100% trying to show people up and was getting pissed when they would lose.

Yeah, we almost beat Billy's team in the finals of the tournament of champions last year.

Hogbody

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 27, 2008, 01:06:58 pm
Yeah, we almost beat Billy's team in the finals of the tournament of champions last year.

Billy is hilarious when he's playin around.  I love playing with or against him.  I usually try to man up on him and mess with him.

kingoftherapids

Billy's team in intramurals last year was got together by my cousin. he is a 6'5" guy who is pretty good. remember him?

The_Iceman

Quote from: kingoftherapids on August 27, 2008, 08:07:49 pm
Billy's team in intramurals last year was got together by my cousin. he is a 6'5" guy who is pretty good. remember him?

their whole team was like 6'2" or taller, so its hard to remember. but i think i remember another post player who was pretty good. if he played in the game he probably remembers me.

on another note, i was in the hper today and watched 4 players play today, and here is my scouting report:

Marcus Britt- seems to be just overall improving. His shot was pretty shakey from long range, but his midrange game was good and he did have a really long three that he pulled with confidence and looked really good. Defense is his best attribute.

Brandon Moore- a solid 6'9". honestly, i laugh at any Derek Hood comparisons. i would almost compare him more to Larry Satchell, honestly. Not trying to bash the guy, but Larry wasnt a terrible player, but he had his role. Moore's role with be rebounding and defense, so don't look for and Hood like performances.

Andre Clark- closer to 6'8". is very long and skilled. Is kinda a 3-4 tweener. A poor man's Chris Bosh is a fair comparison. With time and work on his jump shot and overall strength growth, he could be a good player in our system. Both he and Moore havent been taught well in high school on footwork down low. Its sad that no posts have the coaches to help them in their growth. maybe pelphrey can work on that.

Courtney Fortson- about 5'11". his jump shot is just ok. Every other part of his game in as good as advertised. Kinda a mix between Kareem Reid and Brandon Dean. He's got hops, can take his man of the dribble and finish at the rack, and is a good distributer. This guy is the starter from day one.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 26, 2008, 12:37:04 pm
I know where Vincent used to hang out the night before games, or at least the night before last years Ole Miss game, until well after midnight at that.

let me take one guess....bottoms up?  lmao
Let's make some waves.