Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KNWA reports Beverley told them he's staying

Started by Hoggy Bear, August 23, 2008, 01:24:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

Will enroll in school for Monday and will sit out the year and try to return to basketball when suspension is over.  As reported on KNWA news tonight.

Baconator

That's good news for the team, but more importantly it's good news that Patrick is staying in school. He needs to work towards a degree in case his basketball career doesn't pan out. I hope he can sort out his personal issues and become the leader he was destined to be this season.

mhuff

Good decision Patrick. What I question is what did he do to merit suspension?If he has decided to stay in school, why can't he play? Is this something in granite?

Foshodo

im glad if this is his decision.... my question, can he still practice with the team?

if so, he needs to practice every single day against fortson at the 1 spot so he can gain as much experience and skills at the PG as possible since thats what he will play if he ever does transition to the NBA.

opineonswine

hog_fan

Quote from: Foshodo on August 23, 2008, 06:27:40 am
im glad if this is his decision.... my question, can he still practice with the team?

if so, he needs to practice every single day against fortson at the 1 spot so he can gain as much experience and skills at the PG as possible since thats what he will play if he ever does transition to the NBA.

Had to do with a paper he turned in. I believe even Beverly himself has mentioned this.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

The_Champ

I hope he still has two years. I don't know how that works...

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

cardinalhawg

You would think that he could appeal the suspension and try to get it reduced less, maybe a semester.  I do not know all of the details, but I would think that there are options if he can stay in school and be with the team.

Foshodo

Quote from: hog_fan on August 23, 2008, 09:47:33 am
Had to do with a paper he turned in. I believe even Beverly himself has mentioned this.

hmmm... not really sure what question of mine you're answering here... but no worries?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: cardinalhawg on August 23, 2008, 10:57:24 am
You would think that he could appeal the suspension and try to get it reduced less, maybe a semester.  I do not know all of the details, but I would think that there are options if he can stay in school and be with the team.

I bet, between the J-board and Pel, he won't appeal.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

gohogsgo006

Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Razorvet

Well I am mixed on this. If we end up on probation because of this I will go ape $h)t. If it all works out and he comes back and contibutes then good for him. Its Pels chicken.

Billy

Relax, we're not going to end up on probation for a kid being unethical in the classroom.

We all must understand that the ".edu" types, as cowherd calls them, might view cheating in the classroom as bad or worse than taking money from an agent. some of them have as much power as Pel and our AD.

jmingram911

Quote from: Baconator on August 23, 2008, 02:57:34 am
That's good news for the team, but more importantly it's good news that Patrick is staying in school. He needs to work towards a degree in case his basketball career doesn't pan out. I hope he can sort out his personal issues and become the leader he was destined to be this season.

Could not agree more.  Way to stick it out PB!!!!

oldfart

should just count as a redshirt year, would still have two years to play.  lets hope he will be able to practice with the team, could be great contributor.

Razorod

Don't know how all of this is going to play out with PBev, but if he does stay through the 2010-2011 season, it could really help.

Even though we could really use him this year, 08-09 was/is not going to be a final four year even with him. Problem is w/o him we may not even be a tourney team.

But, 09-10 and 10-11 could be very good years with him on the team. A year of maturing for this year's class plus Beverly could mean a final four run in either 09-10 or 10-11.

Also, haven't really seen the hogs on many top players for 2010. Scout's top 75 is already out, and I don't think the Hogs are listed with any player. If Bev stays through the 10-11 season, that helps bridge the talent until the 2011 class, which is setting up very nicely.

I realize that all the above hinges on Beverly actually staying for three more seasons, but if he does, things could be really good and hopefully give Pel a chance to establish himself as a coach in the eyes of the nation.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

BrooklynRoss

Heck yeah, I'll trade a down year without Bev for a loaded year with Bev any day.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

heathtits

Will he still be able to practice with the team or just rip up the HPER pick up games?

DOGALUM

Well guess what?  That bipolar sumbich lied.  Enjoy Europe you head case.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Oliverhogman

Did ANYONE realy think he was coming back to the UofA.  Were they going to pay for a year of education while he was not playing basketball?

r8zrbck

1highhog

Mental problems, I hate to say that about him, but Bev is doing what's best for the team, leaving.  We don't need that kind of indecisive stuff to rub off on the younger players.

The Hog

Can someone please state the facts and not opinions and speculation.  Thanks.
Automatic RUN!

parrishw

I thought he signed with an agent and that if he signed it was over?