Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beverly changes his story, may play at UA again...

Started by COCHISE, August 19, 2008, 10:29:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cdclark09

Quote from: mclyte on August 19, 2008, 01:58:39 pm
I guess you have had enough with a player putting it on the line every time he takes the floor for your university...  He plays 110% and plays harder than any player I can remember for the University of Arkansas.  The guy is fearless... From the dislocated jaw, hurt shoulder, banged up knee...  He played through all of it! 

Also one side note,  Patrick Beverly is one of the best recruiters on campus.  The highly touted class coming in was due in a large part to him.  I know of two players coming in that he took under his wing and made a huge impact on there commitment. 

Give the guy a break...  Seriously!   

So cheating on a paper is comparable to pushing around a woman?  I'm glad there is enough people here up on there high horse to tell people down here that cheating on a paper is on the same moral level as abusing women. 

AckaBacka

August 19, 2008, 02:28:34 pm #51 Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:30:14 pm by AckaBacka
Quote from: cdclark09 on August 19, 2008, 02:21:53 pm
So cheating on a paper is comparable to pushing around a woman?  I'm glad there is enough people here up on there high horse to tell people down here that cheating on a paper is on the same moral level as abusing women. 
You missed my whole point.  I am saying that a players off the court activity has an influence on how I feel about them, even if its a player that I really like (my Charles Thomas example)  This other guy wants me to overlook all the Bev drama just because Bev is a good player.  I was saying that I can't help but feel let down when a player that I like does wrong off the court.  I was in no way saying that cheating on a paper is comparable in any other way to beating a woman.  And I never said that bev should be gone just because he cheated on a paper.  And I don't remember riding any high horses or telling anyone what to do other than make up their mind and do exactly what it is that they really want to do. 

hog_fan

Main reason I don't want him back is I don't want the NCAA coming to town. Bev has said he broke NCAA rules. If that was true I don't see how he could play college basketball again.

If he can come legally without getting us in trouble with NCAA and we know that for a fact then he needs to get his butt back to Fayetteville and bust his butt in the classroom.

mclyte

Quote from: AckaBacka on August 19, 2008, 02:28:34 pmThis other guy wants me to overlook all the Bev drama just because Bev is a good player.  I was saying that I can't help but feel let down when a player that I like does wrong off the court.

What has he done wrong...? You don't know any facts of the matter nor do I... So what has he done off the court to upset you. The university has not released a statement.  If it is the transferring deal, come on.  Heath was a father figure to him and he is not from the state of Arkansas...  So as the other poster stated, he came due to Coach Heath.  As I stated earlier, what about DJ Williams?  He is from the state of Arkansas and did the same thing.  I am in no way telling you to overlook the Patrick Beverly matter because he is a good player.  I am involved with several kids in the Northwest Arkansas area and Patrick Beverley has done a lot for the community that you don't know about.  He is also a good person in general.  He is involved with the community and great with kids.  He has done more good for the State of Arkansas than bad.   

cdclark09

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 19, 2008, 03:37:30 pm
In general?  Admits to breaking NCAA violations.  Fathers children out of wedlock. Do you happen to know if he is taking care of the childrens needs all by himself or is the State of Arkansas taxpayers having to care for their needs.
You don't even know for sure what violations occurred, whether they were intentional or not.  We think it is cheating but there are no real details.  Even so, that's real judgmental to declare him a bad person.  Fathers children out of wedlock... come on... just because it breaks your moral code does not make him a bad person.  Lets kick everyone off of the baseball, basketball, and football teams that have had children out of wedlock or is known to have sex outside of marriage.  How much of team would we have left?  I guess we could have said bye bye to DMC.

AckaBacka

Quote from: mclyte on August 19, 2008, 03:27:20 pm
What has he done wrong...? You don't know any facts of the matter nor do I... So what has he done off the court to upset you. The university has not released a statement.  If it is the transferring deal, come on.  Heath was a father figure to him and he is not from the state of Arkansas...  So as the other poster stated, he came due to Coach Heath.  As I stated earlier, what about DJ Williams?  He is from the state of Arkansas and did the same thing.  I am in no way telling you to overlook the Patrick Beverly matter because he is a good player.  I am involved with several kids in the Northwest Arkansas area and Patrick Beverley has done a lot for the community that you don't know about.  He is also a good person in general.  He is involved with the community and great with kids.  He has done more good for the State of Arkansas than bad.   

I understand the transfer talk last year.  His coach left, I can deal with that, but it did show that maybe his heart was not still with the UofA.  That alone is no problem.  Now that he has been caught cheating or whatever it is, what is he going to do?  Is he going pro as has been reported, will he transfer, or will he sit out a year and then play again for the UA?  Instead of clearing things up in the media, Bev says "I broke NCAA rules".  Wow, why did he go and say that?  Not only did he not really clarify the situation, he is bringing some pretty negative attention to the university with comments like that.  He may be great with kids and do good things for the community but he is letting himself, his coach and his teammates down with his actions and that cannot be argued.  I guess I don't need to read any more articles about him until he makes up his mind what he is going to do now because I am tired of the drama.  Like the guy said earlier, Farve has a lot to do with that.  I'd like to go on record and say that I am a fan of Patrick Beverly, I just get the feeling that he doesn't want to be here anymore. 

mclyte

Quote from: AckaBacka on August 19, 2008, 03:50:42 pm
I understand the transfer talk last year.  His coach left, I can deal with that, but it did show that maybe his heart was not still with the UofA.  That alone is no problem.  Now that he has been caught cheating or whatever it is, what is he going to do?  Is he going pro as has been reported, will he transfer, or will he sit out a year and then play again for the UA?  Instead of clearing things up in the media, Bev says "I broke NCAA rules".  Wow, why did he go and say that?  Not only did he not really clarify the situation, he is bringing some pretty negative attention to the university with comments like that.  He may be great with kids and do good things for the community but he is letting himself, his coach and his teammates down with his actions and that cannot be argued.  I guess I don't need to read any more articles about him until he makes up his mind what he is going to do now because I am tired of the drama.  Like the guy said earlier, Farve has a lot to do with that.  I'd like to go on record and say that I am a fan of Patrick Beverly, I just get the feeling that he doesn't want to be here anymore. 

I understand your point... I guess my main point is that I don't know the facts and with him saying he broke NCAA Rules, it could be anything.  Breaking NCAA Rules could be something that he didn't know he did wrong that in general we wouldn't think as being major!

cdclark09

Quote from: AckaBacka on August 19, 2008, 03:50:42 pm
why would he want to be here if everyone wants him gone?

AckaBacka

Quote from: cdclark09 on August 19, 2008, 03:56:11 pm
why would he want to be here if everyone wants him gone?
Can you show me where I said that I wanted him gone?  If so, do it. If not, stop saying that I did.

Uncle_dad

cdclark09

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 19, 2008, 03:57:57 pm
I feel the same way toward any person who does the wrong thing. There are consequences in life to all of our actions, whether good or bad. Just because they are an athlete on our favorite team does not excuse what they did wrong, whether it be DMAC, Jones or Beverly. I fully believe that most of the athletes at the U of A are trying to live a good life and that the athletes that intentionally do wrongful acts make it look bad on all the ones who try to abide by the law. Parents are supposed to be responsible for their children until they reach age 18. Is Beverly taking care of business or is he expecting someone else to?

Can you quote a number as to how many current UA athletes have fathered children out-of-wedlock or are you just again assuming that because we know of 2-3 that have done it, that the majority must be doing it also?  Give us a number, if you have that knowledge?
So are you trying to say all "bad" things are equal?  What are you trying to say?  No one said he should get a break if he did something wrong. Are you saying that having a kid out of wedlock is enough to get kicked off of the team?  You think DMC shouldn't have been at the end of last year?  If he violated something where he is ineligible this season then so be it and he should be allowed back after that.  Or if he is no longer eligible then he can move on.  And why would you challenge whether he is taking care of his kid?  There has been nothing to assume the he isn't and at hasn't been a topic that anyone has brought up. 

cdclark09

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 19, 2008, 03:57:57 pm
I feel the same way toward any person who does the wrong thing. There are consequences in life to all of our actions, whether good or bad. Just because they are an athlete on our favorite team does not excuse what they did wrong, whether it be DMAC, Jones or Beverly. I fully believe that most of the athletes at the U of A are trying to live a good life and that the athletes that intentionally do wrongful acts make it look bad on all the ones who try to abide by the law. Parents are supposed to be responsible for their children until they reach age 18. Is Beverly taking care of business or is he expecting someone else to?

Can you quote a number as to how many current UA athletes have fathered children out-of-wedlock or are you just again assuming that because we know of 2-3 that have done it, that the majority must be doing it also?  Give us a number, if you have that knowledge?
I didn't say they all have kids, but we do know some players in the last few years that have had fatherhood issue.  But when i said it, it was a rhetorical question.  I'm not naive enough to think that none of these young men are having sex. 

cdclark09

Quote from: AckaBacka on August 19, 2008, 03:59:37 pm
Can you show me where I said that I wanted him gone?  If so, do it. If not, stop saying that I did.
You're dense... i never said you said it. 

cottonhog

No matter how hard you want to believe it, they are not role models.  The ability to run fast and jump high does not necessarily correlate with a high moral standard.  Apparently your expectations are higher than his.  Sadly, he may believe he has overachieved.

BEvERage

those darned old razorbacks having kids out of wedlock.....sep 29 2005 Danielle Allen and Caleb Miller, Harrison, son, Josiah Caden.
i bet they are thankful the ebays were not in full swing then.

COCHISE

Quote from: donewithdale on August 19, 2008, 01:13:26 pm
Its not like we will fill his schollie at this point.  No need to push the kid out if a normal non athlete student wouldn't be kicked out permanently for this academic mistake if he wants to stay.  Trust Pel to manage the dynamics of his team and if Bev should stay on it.
I don't believe anyone is "pushing the kid out", HE violated NCAA rules, his fault, not anyone elses.  And I think we can get a good player, he wouldn't contribute this year of course but due to our big class we only have 2 schollies for this years class, Powell has one which leaves 1.  IMO Pel should take Bev's scholarship and offer it to another recruit, someone that could help us for the next 3-4 years, PBEV has not earned the right to have his scholarship retained.  Are we just suppose to sit around while he flirts with other teams, explores playing in Europe, violates NCAA rules (possibly putting the whole program at risk) and not give that scholarship to a solid, deserving recruit.

RazorbackRon

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

cottonhog

AckaBacka

Quote from: cdclark09 on August 19, 2008, 04:13:50 pm
You're dense... i never said you said it. 
You said "why would he want to be here if everyone wants him gone?"  Am I not included in "everyone"?  If not then your statement that "everyone" wants him gone is false.  Either way, you are wrong. 

HootieHaterfromALA

"He here who is without sin cast the first stone." I would not be throwing anything!! I would be willing to bet a VERY large percentage of the posters on this thread in someway bent the rules of college testing in one way or another at some point in their 4-6 years of undergrad work!! If Patrick Beverley cheated on a test and you guys want him kicked off the team/out of the university...then that is crazy!!

RazorbackRon

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

booogaga

i still wish him the best. he made mistakes for sure.  but i still wish him the best.
GO HOGS!

COCHISE

Quote from: Pistol Pig Maravich on August 19, 2008, 04:41:15 pm
If Patrick Beverley cheated on a test and you guys want him kicked off the team/out of the university...then that is crazy!!
If Beverly was just caught cheating on a test, I would be fine with Pel handing down a small punishment, maybe a game or two suspension, that would be fine by me, being kicked off the team or out of the university would not be reasonable.  However, Beverly came out and stated that he had violated NCAA rules and will miss the ENTIRE '08-'09 season, big difference here, IMO we should move on w/o Beverly and go after another player such as J. Bush, neither would be able to play until next year and PBEV had his shot and blew it, give another player an opportunity.

cdclark09

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 19, 2008, 04:26:31 pm
It is reported in the media quite often that student athletes do not even have enough spending money on a regular basis due in part to the limited amount of earned income they can make in a year so I'm one fan and there may be others who wonder who is taking care of the children and the mother or mothers. I haven't seen anyone that said that he should be kicked off of the team but I feel the same way about any of the athletes up there in that not one player is any more important in life than another and Beverly needs to make up his mind if he wants to remain a Razorback. Why could not he have explored the option of transferring last year without letting the media know about it? Why could he not have explored this professional thiong without reporting it to the media until more was known. It seems like he wants to be in the media nore than he wants to concentrate on playing basketball and going to school.
Quote from: AckaBacka on August 19, 2008, 04:37:01 pm
You said "why would he want to be here if everyone wants him gone?"  Am I not included in "everyone"?  If not then your statement that "everyone" wants him gone is false.  Either way, you are wrong. 

Why don't you two READ the posts on the first page and on other threads about PB... many if not most of the posts on here are basically saying they are glad he is gone or we shouldn't let him back anyway or something to that nature. 

DrSwineESQ

I have to laugh...sometimes reading threads is like catching an episode of shark week.  A little blood in the water...and bam...frenzy.  Until I know what the paper issue is, I'm not going to take a bite out of P.Bev.   

If it is plagiarism  (and I'm not saying it is...I don't know), there are MANY levels--all of them require discipline, but not the same level of discipline.  If it's innocuous, then I see no reason to chew the young man up and spit him out. If it is serious, blatant plagiarism, then I agree, he needs to go--and he may have no choice, as serious plagiarism will get a student kicked out of school.  Some of you need to realize that a slight infraction, like not citing sources, is considered plagiarism and it's something many professors don't tolerate, but it's hardly an offense worthy of dismissal from either the school or the team.  Copying someone else's work and claiming it as one's own is another matter altogether. 

I'm absolutely not telling anyone on here what to do, or how to react.   I think that until we know what happened and how serious it was, a wait and see approach might be best.  But going back to the metaphor from above: bite all you want if that pleases you. But like a tiger shark, sometimes all you get is a stomach full of garbage.

COCHISE

Quote from: DrSwineESQ on August 19, 2008, 05:20:52 pm
I have to laugh...sometimes reading threads is like catching an episode of shark week.  A little blood in the water...and bam...frenzy.  Until I know what the paper issue is, I'm not going to take a bite out of P.Bev.   

If it is plagiarism  (and I'm not saying it is...I don't know), there are MANY levels--all of them require discipline, but not the same level of discipline.  If it's innocuous, then I see no reason to chew the young man up and spit him out. If it is serious, blatant plagiarism, then I agree, he needs to go--and he may have no choice, as serious plagiarism will get a student kicked out of school.  Some of you need to realize that a slight infraction, like not citing sources, is considered plagiarism and it's something many professors don't tolerate, but it's hardly an offense worthy of dismissal from either the school or the team.  Copying someone else's work and claiming it as one's own is another matter altogether. 

I'm absolutely not telling anyone on here what to do, or how to react.   I think that until we know what happened and how serious it was, a wait and see approach might be best.  But going back to the metaphor from above: bite all you want if that pleases you. But like a tiger shark, sometimes all you get is a stomach full of garbage.

I agree, but apparently it was bad enough to warrant a season long suspension.

Hawgustus Caesar

Quote from: AckaBacka on August 19, 2008, 01:51:24 pm
Its not just the cheating, its the transfer threats as well that make me think he doesn't WANT to be here.  If he wants to be here, fine, but quit talking about transfering and quit talking about going pro and just do your work.  Without cheating of course.  Its really quite simple.  Bev can do exactly what he wants, but as a Razorback fan, I have had quite enough drama.  If you want to transfer, then do it.  If you want to go pro, then do it.  If you want to play for the Razorbacks, then do it.  Just do it.

You need to stop with that "threat" line of thinking.  He didn't threaten the school.  Did he consider transferring?  Yes.  Was he loyal to the man who had recruited him and known him since he was a kid?  Yes.  Does that happen to a certain percentage of players every time there's a coaching change?  Yes.

You've never been in this kid's shoes.  He's got a child, a lawsuit, and no way to legally make $$$ doing the one thing he's skilled at.  Everyone wants something from this kid. 

Patrick Beverly, on the court, has done nothing but AWESOME things for the Razorbacks.  He is our best player and plays with more heart in front of thousands upon thousands than you do posting from a laptop in an air-conditioned office or home.  You may want him gone, but I'd rather trade him for you...

Darius Winston considered it.  You want him gone? 

Lake City Hog

Guys. Beverly is paying a terrible price for whatever mistake he made. I truly believe that if he is willing to pay the price that the U of A should be willing to accept it and move on.
As far as him thinking about transferring with Stan, wasn't there a certain tight end that came close to transferring to Ole Miss? Should we cast him aside?
Beverly certainly has some growing up to do and maybe a little support from the university and us as fans would help him along that path. It is amazing how many of forget the mistakes in our past and those that helped us to overcome them. If we all got what we deserved we would all be in deep trouble!
james 

COCHISE

Quote from: Hawgustus Caesar on August 19, 2008, 05:41:45 pm
You've never been in this kid's shoes.  He's got a child, a lawsuit, and no way to legally make $$$ doing the one thing he's skilled at.  Everyone wants something from this kid. 

All the more reason this team should move forward without Beverly and encourage him to go earn some money in Europe and prepare himself for the NBA.

COCHISE

Quote from: lchog on August 19, 2008, 05:42:57 pm
As far as him thinking about transferring with Stan, wasn't there a certain tight end that came close to transferring to Ole Miss? Should we cast him aside?

That certain tight end CHOSE to stay, Beverly's mom MADE him stay...big difference.

trav1021

My question is. .... Did he get kicked off of the team for cheating or did he get kicked out of school for a year and as a result of that get kicked off of the team?  Just curious.

cdclark09

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 19, 2008, 05:57:12 pm
That certain tight end CHOSE to stay, Beverly's mom MADE him stay...big difference.
You don't know what when into their decisions. 

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 19, 2008, 05:55:03 pm
All the more reason this team should move forward without Beverly and encourage him to go earn some money in Europe and prepare himself for the NBA.

Whatever.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

NuttinItUp

COCHISE

Quote from: cdclark09 on August 19, 2008, 06:28:55 pm
You don't know what when into their decisions. 
Nope, just what each one of them has said.

porky_teh_pig

I'm starting to like that soap opera biitch, Beverly.
Carry a big stick and leave a big trail

mpeacock

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 19, 2008, 12:00:42 pm
Just kicked off the team. The Hogs don't need no drug users on the team, it don't matter what their star staus is.

HA! HA! HA! Sorry, I couldn't help it. Some people are sooooo naive...There are, and have been, plenty of "drug users" on various Razorback athletic teams dating back to at least the early 90's (when I was there). Many of them quite good, and a few you most likely rooted for. What about those who consume alcohol before they turn 21? Should they be dismissed, too? That is as illegal- and in most cases as arbitrary -as consuming substances like marijuana or some cocaine on occasion. Just curious.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 19, 2008, 10:32:06 am
Sounds like an issue of plagiarism of some sort.

By P Bev
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

jry04

I sure love all the saints on this board. Especially Arkapigdiesel. It sure is refreshing to know you made it all the way through school without cheating.

Everyone does it. It doesn't make it right, but we shouldn't say some of the stuff that is being said just because he may have cheated on a paper. I can promise everyone on this board cheated in school. With the exception of pigdiesel.

cdclark09

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on August 20, 2008, 10:17:13 am
I sure love all the saints on this board. Especially Arkapigdiesel. It sure is refreshing to know you made it all the way through school without cheating.

Everyone does it. It doesn't make it right, but we shouldn't say some of the stuff that is being said just because he may have cheated on a paper. I can promise everyone on this board cheated in school. With the exception of pigdiesel.
You are wrong... it's too hard for everyone to cheat way up on their high horses.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 20, 2008, 10:35:01 am
I can promise you are totally wrong.

Wrong or not, it's still asinine to want to push Beverley out of the door for getting caught cheating on a paper.

If there's more that we don't know, then fine. But some of you need to lighten up.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

chiefsfan

Quote from: mclyte on August 19, 2008, 01:16:43 pm
Is it a known fact that Pat Beverly was caught cheating...  As far as I know, the University has not commented on the issue. 

Also for all of you throwing the kid under the bus, I have a question for you?  Did you ever cheat during a test, copy a classmates answers for homework, etc...?  I am sure you have as I have in my academic career. 

Remember This Saying:  'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'

Colleges have pretty strict rules regarding cheating.   One of the possible punishments is being expelled.

Plagarism in a way is worse then cheating, because that is stealing.   He stole someone else's ideas and wrote them down and claimed them as his own.   The University most likely suspended him for the year.   Meaning the basketball team must do the same

As for 2nd chances.  Well thats between Beverley, Pelphrey, and the NCAA.   I support any decision pelphrey makes on this issue, because if I was the coach, I would have kicked him off the team for good...leading scorer or bench warmer
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 20, 2008, 10:38:46 am
Wrong or not, it's still asinine to want to push Beverley out of the door for getting caught cheating on a paper.

If there's more that we don't know, then fine. But some of you need to lighten up.

It all depends on the rules John Pelphrey set on the basketball team.  Any time a new coach comes in the players are given a list of rules, and possible punishments for those rules.    If pelphrey had a rule that said if you plagerize, youre gone...   then we have to support his decision

Sometimes integrity is more important then winning.   Id much rather go on to life without Beverley, then re-enter this entire Drama again next year, when Fortson and Clarke have a year of experience under their Belts
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan33

Beverly was not the only athlete involved in the "plaigerism"

cdclark09

Here is how it is... If the NCAA, the school, and coach P say he is eligible to play for the Hogs, then the fans should accept him back with open arms.  If not, then thanks for the hard work and good luck wherever he ends up.  I don't see the need to judge his character based on some assumptions made by his desire to transfer and this situation with the paper (which we still don't know anything about).  There are plenty of worse things done by other former basketball/football and current football players.  Like I said earlier, no one has ever been killed or injured by someone cheating in school. 

jry04

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 20, 2008, 10:35:01 am
I can promise you are totally wrong.
I am totally wrong? You are lying to yourself if you never once copied a few answers from a friend on a homework assignment, look off another test during a test when you are stumped on a question you can't remember, or if you just flat out pulled out a sheet during a test at some point in your life. Every single person I know has cheated at some point in their life. If you haven't, then I applaud you on being a saint.

cdclark09

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 20, 2008, 12:20:06 pm
I'm definately not a saint but I have never cheated as a student and  I can promise you that there are  many more honest people alive today than dishonest ones. The media is never going to report, if if they had a way of knowing, all of the names of those people in life who never cheated as a student on any level. We hear all about the bad ones but tell me how often you actually see a good report about some one else. No one is perfect but to be dishonest is a deliberate wrongful act not a mistake as so many people tend to call things now days when they are caught.  If a student accidentally leaves their term paper in the room when it is the deadline to provide it or if they do all the work and then somehow lose the paper in the black hole of the computer, those actions are mistakes. If a student intentionally, deliberately  uses someone elses's work as his/her own that is not a mistake, that is a deliberate wrong. A person/student athlete can/will make many mistakes in life and some of those will be crucial but if those same people choose to commit all-knowing wrongful acts then they definately deserved be judged on a different level by society.

So would you say that you never took a class, where a friend had it before you did, and that friend never told you anything about the test you are about to take or anything of that nature?  You never got help from a friend on homework where they told you the answer?  Did you ever speed in your car?  That's deliberate and illegal... does that mean you should be labeled a dishonest person(i know not the same but trying to prove my point about judging him)?  I'm sorry Father rzrbkman, I had a talk with the Pope and he said they are going to grant you sainthood when you die. 

Bryanr

We do not know the whole story. There are some wack-O professors at every University. There are two sides to every story. I hope for the best for PB. Go Hogs!

AckaBacka

Quote from: Hawgustus Caesar on August 19, 2008, 05:41:45 pm
You need to stop with that "threat" line of thinking.  He didn't threaten the school.  Did he consider transferring?  Yes.  Was he loyal to the man who had recruited him and known him since he was a kid?  Yes.  Does that happen to a certain percentage of players every time there's a coaching change?  Yes.

Patrick Beverly, on the court, has done nothing but AWESOME things for the Razorbacks.  He is our best player and plays with more heart in front of thousands upon thousands than you do posting from a laptop in an air-conditioned office or home.  You may want him gone, but I'd rather trade him for you...

Darius Winston considered it.  You want him gone? 
You are right, "threat" was the wrong word, and I shouldn't have used it.  I would consider all my options if I was in his situation.  But I would like to clarify AGAIN, that I never said that I wanted him gone.  I just said that I wish he would make up his mind and do whatever it is that he thinks is best.  Now I ask you a couple of questions.  1-Do you think that Bev has been making good decisions in his off the court and academic life?  Is fathering 2 children out of wedlock with no education or means to support them a good idea?  2-Do you think that his decisions have helped or hurt him and his coaches and teammates?  3-Do you think it was a good idea for Bev to say in the news that he broke NCAA rules?  Im not saying that every kid should be perfect or that I was perfect at his age (or even now) but where do you draw the line?  The babies are his own personal responsibility, getting suspended from the team hurts his teammates, his coaches and the program.  Saying in the media that he broke NCAA rules puts the program under pressure and was another mistake on his part.  I never said that I wanted him gone or that I wanted anything from him other than for him to make up his mind and end the drama.  All of these issues are a result of his choices and I don't feel sorry for him.  There are so many kids out there that don't have his opportunities, his paid scholarship, his support system at the university and they still find a way to succeed.  I hope Bev finds a way to come back and make good decisions and graduate because I really hate seeing ex-players crash and burn.  Sports are just games but I'd like to think that there are opportunities to learn good life lessons and apply them later in life.  I wish him the best, whatever he decides to do.