Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The NEW Bud Walton Arena-Update Pic

Started by wildcat15, August 11, 2008, 09:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat15

hey guys, I was just at the arena visiting some people on staff and they let me get some pics of the floor and the surrounding areas. sorry for the bad quality, there wasnt much lighting and iPhone camera sucks. but here ya go.

Razorback Homer

Is the red darker than it has been in the past?  It looks a little darker here, but I didn't know if it was just the lighting.

BTW - thanks for the update
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

010HogFan

is the slobberin' hog still going to be on the court???

wildcat15

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 11, 2008, 09:23:32 pm
is the slobberin' hog still going to be on the court???

nope, its gone bro

neahog

The romoving of the slobering hog is sad.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

edmo

They take away Slobering Hog, but yet I see the Popcorn Demon is still there on the scorboard x4.

Table Rocker

Quote from: edmo on August 11, 2008, 09:31:22 pm
They take away Slobering Hog, but yet I see the Popcorn Demon is still there on the scorboard x4.

effer just won't go away

Rooka

I love all the changes Jeff Long and company are making but I have to say this is one I have to disagree with...

HOGSWEAT

lazyj70

Quote from: Death by Hog on August 11, 2008, 09:37:27 pm
I love all the changes Jeff Long and company are making but I have to say this is one I have to disagree with...

Me too!  I love the Slob Hog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldfart

they are gonna have a hog but not the slobbering one..

Mr. Pigglesworth

I totally agree with you there.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: wildcat15 on August 11, 2008, 09:25:47 pm
nope, its gone bro
That's so stupid!
I don't understand that.  I like many of the changes Long has made, but why mess with a tradition like that one?
It was a mark of Razorback basketball.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Reservoir Hogs

I also like the slobbering hog, but I do understand Long's plan to brand the razorbacks, and his desire for a unified emblem.
Slobbering hog will be missed

junkyardhog

i was married on that hog.was it really necessary to change it?
it was always cool when we watched games on TV and were to tell friends(out of state) that were were married center court on the hog.
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

COCHISE

Quote from: neahog on August 11, 2008, 09:27:49 pm
The romoving of the slobering hog is sad.
Yeah, they got rid of the 3 pt line too, and where the he** are we supposed to shoot free throws from? they did away with that too!!!  This is a travesty!!!!  ;)

hoopitup3

It makes me sad.. all the good times that we had.

macgyver hawg

Oh no.  Look what they put down after wildcat15 left.

johnnyhawg

last time i was there, bill clinton was president.

010HogFan

SquidBilly

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on August 11, 2008, 10:47:07 pm

I normally wouldn't smite a mod but you have it coming.  That's funny and it's also very upsetting at the same time.....

Hawgz4Life

Quote from: junkyardhog on August 11, 2008, 10:39:45 pm
i was married on that hog.was it really necessary to change it?
it was always cool when we watched games on TV and were to tell friends(out of state) that were were married center court on the hog.
Mike, is that you?!?

edmo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

They could have at least chopped it up and sold pieces instead of sanding it away. 

I love that hog.  That hog is on my cap.  My all time favorite hog, Super Sid, played on that Hog.  The championship boys played on that hog. 

I am bumming.

TomasPistola

That is a great photoshop job.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The Boar War

Quote from: U.S.S. Razorback on August 12, 2008, 12:53:28 am
They could have at least chopped it up and sold pieces instead of sanding it away. 

They should have sold paint chips?

hogs25

Yea, I agree but from what I heard the other day (maybe here) is that they want a
"uniformed" Hog look.  Now just get rid of the microwave popcorn Hog and it's all good.  I always hated seeing the PC Hog during a game when they showed the teams score. 

FaytownHog

chopped it up? haha. they were sanding, not replacing the new floor. and they sand and refinish the floor every year, durring the offseason. they are just putting down the helmet hog this time instead of ole slobber. although some great memories, he hasn't always been down there. it'll be fine guys. let's win some games, then all the uniforms/stadium changes won't matter.
Quote from: U.S.S. Razorback on August 12, 2008, 12:53:28 am

I love that hog.  That hog is on my cap.  My all time favorite hog, Super Sid, played on that Hog.  The championship boys played on that hog. 

I am bumming.

TRUHOG718

Bud Walton will never be the Same.  R.I.P. to the Slobering Hog.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

H-O-double g

Smithian

Holy crap.

I almost fell out of my seat.

Beaverfever

It looks like they are going to go with a more classic look.  I think it will be a nice change of pace. 

opineonswine

Quote from: Beaverfever on August 14, 2008, 09:29:08 am
It looks like they are going to go with a more classic look.  I think it will be a nice change of pace. 

I agree completely.  They HATE the popcorn Hog and the dog bone....they're history. 

Rooka

Quote from: opineonswine on August 14, 2008, 06:20:32 pm

I agree completely.  They HATE the popcorn Hog and the dog bone....they're history. 
I hear a choir singing.

Hoggle

They need to move the freakin' seats closer to the floor.  It looks like Vandy's gym, not to mention the two HUGE rows of press seating on one side - although I guess they are doing something about that.  Games in Barnhill were 100% better atmosphere.  I wish we could go back.

pignatious

If they remove the Old Hog from the floor as it appears they have done, it is a HUGE mistake. Talk about alienating the older fan base and getting away from tradition. Does it mean nothing anymore? Sad, sad. That was one of the things that identified our program.
Freedom is never free.

FaytownHog

the OLD fan base would remember the classic hog being on the floor, b4 the put the slobbering hog down, i believe that was in the 7O's? someone will know the date. anywho, there will still be a hog on the floor, i dont think it will be as big of an issue once the buzzer sounds! GO HOGS!

Jeffcphog

I am more concerned about WHO will be on the floor, not what is on it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Jeffcphog on August 15, 2008, 10:28:29 am

agreed.

FaytownHog

very good point!
Quote from: Jeffcphog on August 15, 2008, 10:28:29 am

oldfart

i have been following hog basketball since the infamous PT (Duddy) Waller days and the only hog i remember on the floor was the slobbering hog. some guy from the physical plant painted it free-hand on the floor at barnhill............

Quote from: lildrummerboy2004 on August 15, 2008, 09:36:47 am
the OLD fan base would remember the classic hog being on the floor, b4 the put the slobbering hog down, i believe that was in the 7O's? someone will know the date. anywho, there will still be a hog on the floor, i dont think it will be as big of an issue once the buzzer sounds! GO HOGS!

jgphillips3

Man...that doctored picture with the popcorn hog...that'll just make you sick.

JawsTheme

the slob hog was history.. you don't just take that off... arkansas shows over and over it doesn't value its history. changing the logo, and now the hog on the court... inconsistency explains our mediocrity fb/bb programs somewhat. do you see any power schools doing stuff like that?

heathtits

This is what we get with Jeff Long. Northern Tendencies, Northern Tendencies are very dangerous.

Conway Cool Daddy

That makes me want to poke my eyes out.

I'll miss Slobbering Hog

Hawg Barry

Get over it everyone.
Jeez.
To me what was sad was having five different Hogs.
Get one and stay with it.
Jeff Long is doing a great job. About time for these changes to be done.

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

opineonswine

Quote from: heathtits on August 18, 2008, 01:07:17 pm
This is what we get with Jeff Long. Northern Tendencies, Northern Tendencies are very dangerous.

That is about as intelligent as .... well, can't think of anything.

Ridiculous.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: heathtits on August 18, 2008, 01:07:17 pm

This isn't northern tendencies, this is a new direction.  Take the bad with all the good and live with it.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005