Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team Usa basketball

Started by RZRBack_FAN, August 09, 2008, 08:41:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhiz

Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."

cal34

Wow!  What a game.  Im glad I watched it,  the players did a great job representing the country. 

U.S.A!!!  U.S.A.!!!   :)

clifflee4mvp

amazing game and here they come for the medal ceremony. Glad I stayed up for it!!!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on August 21, 2008, 10:25:07 am
I agree about Elton Brand.  He's one of the best post players around, but I think he still might be cautious about his achilles injury.

I disagee with Joe Johnson's omission.  Anyone who watched him last summer at the World Championships would support his inclusion...he's one of the most versatile athletes on the team.  It's a tough call on who to axe though.   Maybe Tayshaun Prince.  Maybe we don't need three 6 foot point guards.  With our emphasis on smothering, pressure defense, it might not be so bad to have a 6'6" Johnson running the point (or Labron or Wade) as the third option.   But they are looking so good right now, it's hard to argue with any selection... 

I'd take JJ over Derron Williams. Tayshaun is just too good of a defender to leave out
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Masshog

I wasn't sure this actually meant anything more than more endorsements to a lot of them.... but watching their reaction after the win....  I think I might have been way wrong. 
My feets hurt.

Billy

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on August 24, 2008, 03:53:04 am
I'd take JJ over Derron Williams.
You're Bat-sh*t crazy. DW was our best PG through most of the games.

Personally, i'd toss out michael Redd for JJ. He is a great shooter, but he is so seldom used that he is a non-factor.

bsking

jj isn't team usa calibur yet.  everyone's arkansas bias is showing through.  there isn't one guy on the team that didn't deserve to be there, people are just throwing out names that should be replaced because they aren't as familiar with them as they are with lebron and kobe.

PotBelliedPig29

It is really hard to beat the same team twice. I am glad we were able to do that. This was a statement to the world about our dominance of basketball.

side note: Rudy Fernandez does not miss.
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Billy on August 24, 2008, 10:41:12 am
You're Bat-sh*t crazy. DW was our best PG through most of the games.

Personally, i'd toss out michael Redd for JJ. He is a great shooter, but he is so seldom used that he is a non-factor.

we had 3 point guards. I love DW, but if I had to leave someone out for JJ tt would've been DW. You can't make the roster after you have seen guys have an impact (I'm saying if I had to make the olympic roster before seeing what played out). No doubt DW had a huge impact, but I would have taken Paul and J. Kidd and then have Redd and JJ as my 3 point assassins.

Smithian

I think we should let the Joe Johnson argument die... We just won and, I hate to say it, had Joe Johnson been there, he would have been Michael Redd on the bench.

3kgthog

Joe Johnson was at least as worthy of being on that team as Tayshaun Prince. Did he even play? I know I didn't see him at all during the last 3 quarters of this morning's game.

jchill

I think Kevin Garnett would have been a huge factor, especially against Pau Gasol.