Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beverley leaving hoops team (link)

Started by The Hog Blogger, August 08, 2008, 06:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmur74

Ouachihog

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Ouachihog

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

jimmur74

Sounds like he is Academically Ineligible to me

maumellebyrd

He should be good in math class

One baby + One baby = Two babies

razorbackfan4life

What does ineligible mean.  Usually that term is associated with grades or transfer status.  Does anyone at this point KNOW why he isn't playing.  This kid has been humored to want to transfer.  Is there maybe a problem?  Not saying, just asking.

Kevin

sorry he is leaving, but i think we are still in good shape.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

akp4105

Quote from: jimmur74 on August 08, 2008, 06:11:22 pm
Sounds like he is Academically Ineligible to me

He would be ineligble for one semester and if his grades were good enough this semester he could play the spring semester. I have a feeling this has nothing to do with grades.

hawgpharmer

Is that the last of Stan's players??? 
Happy trails patrick

OKhogfan1959

I think Pelphrey maybe got tired of P Beverly's attitude. Doesn't seem like a grade problem.

Maybe something to so with the difference in Stan and Pel? Some like to work hard and do the right things and some don't.

akp4105

Quote from: hawgpharmer on August 08, 2008, 06:23:28 pm
Is that the last of Stan's players??? 
Happy trails patrick

Welsh and Washington are still here.

The Original 69

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Oliver

You guys are going to be surprised how much we are going to miss him this year.  With the graduation of Weems, Townes, and the ineligibility of Beverley...just who do we have that is a proven scorer at the college level.

We're going to miss Beverley.

SLC

Quote from: Oliver Miller on August 08, 2008, 06:32:31 pm
You guys are going to be surprised how much we are going to miss him this year.  With the graduation of Weems, Townes, and the ineligibility of Beverley...just who do we have that is a proven scorer at the college level.

Yeah, I think we miss him on the court. 

Hope the reason is not b/c of some terrile event or action on anyone's part.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

hawgpharmer

Quote from: Oliver Miller on August 08, 2008, 06:32:31 pm

I dont think we will miss him at all.  He never wanted to play in Pel's scheme, imho.

Oliver

Quote from: hawgpharmer on August 08, 2008, 06:38:13 pm
I dont think we will miss him at all.  He never wanted to play in Pel's scheme, imho.

When you lose the 2nd leading scorer on your team, you notice.  No matter how much he likes or dislikes the coaches style of play.

jgphillips3

TransAmHawg

In Pel we trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be fine, goodbye Mr. Beverley
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Spiral_cut

Does anyone here think he is good enough to play professionally anywhere? Say Europe?

Oliver

Quote from: Spiral_cut on August 08, 2008, 06:44:22 pm
Does anyone here think he is good enough to play professionally anywhere? Say Europe?

I don't think he has NBA Talent.  He's one of those players that had good college level talent but will probably end up someplace in Europe.

hog_fan

If it were his grades then he could get thigns in order and play in the Spring.

crowhawg

Under "student privacy laws" you can say a student is transferring but you can't say a student has flunked out.

Billy

Welcome to the starting lineup Rotnie Clarke!!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Some of y'all are crazy.  Patrick had the most talent AND heart on the team.  I'm pissed!

rmcchris

From good sources, it is about grades.  Stay tuned.

Amityvillehogger

Some of you idiots are stupid.  This will hurt.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

rmcchris

Quote from: oldguy on August 08, 2008, 06:54:41 pm
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10924388
Seems to confirm my sources and earlier post.  I agree with those who say this will hurt, no way it can not.

spudhog

He is/was/will always be one of my favorite hogs. He played as hard if not harder than any other to wear that jersey. I hope he gets his life in line and is a productive citizen

Razorvet

He was very inconsistant last season. If hes gone then fine but where do we go from here? What does our team look like next year? Are we an NIT team? As young as we are gonna be the post season experience would be good.

Billy

it will definately hurt, but the optimist in me says that this will force a youngster to step up. i think our whole starting backcourt will be freshmen this season.

1. Fortson
2. Clarke
3. Henry
4. Washington
5. Sanchez

Prosciutto

All he did was go 100% all the time. We will miss him this year, but I have confidence in our team.

big dread hog

Patrick must have gotten caught in one of the big no no's as in plagary or cheating to be gone for the year.  Academic Standards are not to be messed with and apparently PB did.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 08, 2008, 06:54:21 pm
Some of you idiots are stupid.  This will hurt.
I agree this will hurt. but lets face it. were we going to win any championships even with him? this basketball program has to recruite better players.PERIOD! i hope Pel can do it.

elksnort

We'll have to worry about this in basketball season.

Anyone who says that it will not be a loss, please explain your position.

Hoggy1

This hurts....especially for the NCAA.

May have to settle with NIT this year
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Beverly was/is a good player.  He stood out last year amoung all the seniors.  Seemed to work hard.  Maybe he can take care of business if it is grades and play again after this season of even after Jan 1 if all goes well.  We needed this Guy's leadership.

ste4236

That's too bad, he was a stud. Only played in 2 AAU Tournaments in HS, which is why he was such a steal.

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

Hollywood_HOGan45

RZRBack_FAN

Well that pretty much gurantees Rotnie astarting spot.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 12247 on August 08, 2008, 07:11:57 pm
Beverly was/is a good player.  He stood out last year amoung all the seniors.  Seemed to work hard.  Maybe he can take care of business if it is grades and play again after this season of even after Jan 1 if all goes well.  We needed this Guy's leadership.
Just my opinion. but i think it's time to wish PB the best and move on. i like the kid and hopes he does well. but it's time to recruite better players and move on.

board

Not really surprised. He didn't seem to be into playing basketball last year. Coaches, kids, who knows...........

ste4236

Quote from: board on August 08, 2008, 07:16:52 pm
Not really surprised. He didn't seem to be into playing basketball last year. Coaches, kids, who knows...........
I dont know how he felt about Pelphrey as the season went on, but off the bat I don't believe he was too fond of him.

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

BigSexyHog

Well that sucks.  Makes me wonder WTH is going on.  Hope it is nothing serious.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

heathtits

This is just great. How perfect that we JUST gave Pel a freaking raise. If we lose 1 of Henry or Fortson as well, WE ARE SCREWED. We already are pretty much there losing Beverley. This is truly a shame.

jeffreyw

Who is next?

Whatever the 'issue' is I hope for Patrick it gets resolved.

Billy

I'd say pel deserves the raise more than ever. This is too much of a headache for 700K.