Triplets
28 (22.8%)
Derrick Hood/Kareem Reid
3 (2.4%)
Modica,Brewer,Hill
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Newport Hog

Its tough but I got to say Corey Beck,Dwight Steward,Thurman,Mcdaniels were a golden era in Arkansas Basketball.  Day and Miller were a close second

Porky861

Sure wish I would have been old enough to enjoy the triplets.  That would have had to have been a good era.

Billy

the corliss era got us a NC and a NC Runner-up. Its not even close.

Whiskey River

I enjoyed watching Day, Miller, and Mayberry play. They played the 40 minutes of hell like no other Razorback team has.
This species has amused itself to death...

jgphillips3

From that list, I would have to say the Corliss era.  The May-Day era was great, but Big O ate us out of a championship.  Why did you leave off the Alvin Robertson, Darrell Walker, Joe Klein years?  Those contests with Phi Slamma Jamma are still some of my favorites.

BrooklynRoss

Robertson, Walker, and Klein were fun to watch too.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

noprayerfornutt

Must be a lot of younger folks voting if the Triplets only have 4 votes.

peakhog

bhshawgfan

duh who could deny that Heath ball was the greatest of all time......JK

davehog

Quote from: Whiskey River on August 05, 2008, 07:29:30 pm
I enjoyed watching Day, Miller, and Mayberry play. They played the 40 minutes of hell like no other Razorback team has.

I agree 100%.  Even though Corliss's team won the NC, the '90-'92 teams were more fun to watch.  I remember actually feeling sorry for the other team at times during that time. 

hog.goblin

My favorite was the May-Day, Big O era.  My first love I guess.

Corliss and company brought home the hardware, but man I was comfortable with Mayberry at the helm (and Day jacking up shots and Big O slowing down Shaq).

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 09, 2008, 09:50:49 pm
My favorite was the May-Day, Big O era.  My first love I guess.

Corliss and company brought home the hardware, but man I was comfortable with Mayberry at the helm (and Day jacking up shots and Big O slowing down Shaq).
yes Nolan's triplets were quite fun to watch
I saw the LSU game in Barnhill in the triplets' last year.
That was basketball that I'm not sure we've seen since.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

sirhog

Definetly the Williamson and Thurman days. It spoiled me as a Hogs fan. I remember being upset when we only won by 10 points. Now I am just happy to win, especially on the road.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: noprayerfornutt on August 07, 2008, 12:08:56 pm
Must be a lot of younger folks voting if the Triplets only have 4 votes.

Count me in that catagory... I am to young to remember the Triplets.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hawgsav1

I think a more fair post would have been who is your favorite player in Arkansas history.  most people will pick the Wiliamson THurman era as their favorite because we won a championship (I did).  However, I remember the Mayberry/Day/Miller squad, and I think that squad might have been even better.  Had it not been for Kansas in 1991, I think we could have won the rematch against UNLV or at least taken out Duke.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

mlloyd4

I look at it as one long string (and there are some players who bridged the eras) from the original triplets, to Klein, Walker & Robertson, to MayDay, to Big Nasty and Crew, and then to Kareem Reid. 

Reid is kind of the stopping point IMO, and I wish things after him would have worked out better. 

Joe Johnson has become my favorite player at this point.  But on that list, I picke MayDay.
WPS

pigture perfect

Hogs basketball would not be what is/was without the triplets. So I voted for them. You do realize there are no wrong answers on this poll? We are blessed to have such a great tradition.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

oldfart

i wish some of the younger members of hogville could have seen the triplets in their prime years. what a great combination of athletes.  really brought the hogs into national prominence. 

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Billy on August 05, 2008, 07:17:30 pm
the corliss era got us a NC and a NC Runner-up. Its not even close.
We have a winner! Very hard to argue with this logic.

cdclark09

Its gotta be Willamson,Beck,Thurman.  They were national champs!  Hands down winners, end of discussion.

hog.goblin

Quote from: cdclark09 on August 12, 2008, 03:23:35 pm
Its gotta be Willamson,Beck,Thurman.  They were national champs!  Hands down winners, end of discussion.

The question is the favorite era...not the most successful.  I was actually on campus during the Williamson, Beck, Thurman era.  They are hands down the most successful.

But it was May-Day-O that brought me to the dance so I'm sticking with them.  That is my favorite era.

The less young crowd probably uses the same logic for the triplets.  It was their first witness of big success at Arkansas.  It's hard to forget our "firsts."

cdclark09

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 12, 2008, 03:29:16 pm
The question is the favorite era...not the most successful.  I was actually on campus during the Williamson, Beck, Thurman era.  They are hands down the most successful.

But it was May-Day-O that brought me to the dance so I'm sticking with them.  That is my favorite era.

The less young crowd probably uses the same logic for the triplets.  It was their first witness of big success at Arkansas.  It's hard to forget our "firsts."
IDK about you but to me, my favorite thing is winning a NC.  Success is directly related to a razorback team being my favorite.  That goes for football.  Obviously a significant number of people on Hogville didn't think HDN was successful enough and I'm willing to be no one will call it their favorite era even though many of their favorite players (DMAC, Felix, MJ) where on HDN teams.  Now if you want to talk about favorite players on a team then I would have to go with Modica/Brewer the  Joe Johnson team since he is my favorite razorback. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: cdclark09 on August 12, 2008, 03:53:41 pm
IDK about you but to me, my favorite thing is winning a NC.  Success is directly related to a razorback team being my favorite.  That goes for football.  Obviously a significant number of people on Hogville didn't think HDN was successful enough and I'm willing to be no one will call it their favorite era even though many of their favorite players (DMAC, Felix, MJ) where on HDN teams.  Now if you want to talk about favorite players on a team then I would have to go with Modica/Brewer the  Joe Johnson team since he is my favorite razorback. 

I understand, but isolating the times I actually enjoyed the May-Day era more than the Williamson era.  I also didn't like that Corliss and Scotty didn't stick around for their senior years (mainly because I knew neither was ready for the pros).  A little bitterness at the end of the era for me.

Winning a national championship was great...but I honestly didn't care much about basketball until May-Day.  They started it for me.

sugartownhog

cdclark09

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 12, 2008, 04:11:07 pm
Winning a national championship was great...but I honestly didn't care much about basketball until May-Day.   They started it for me.
I can accept that. 

OLDHOG

I voted for the triplets era. They brought us from nowhere on the national scene to national respect.

TexHog188

I loved the days of the original triplets (Brewer, Moncrief, Delph), but in retrospect there was not a lot of scoring and the games got quite boring at times except for the occasional two hand monster flying dunks from Moncrief.  My vote for most exciting was Williamson, Beck, Thurman.  Those guys rocked and could play with anyone in the nation, great games against KY, plus the NC run was truly spectacular.  (I hate Duke and Georgetown)
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Hawg Barry

Quote from: OLDHOG on August 14, 2008, 01:59:47 pm
I voted for the triplets era. They brought us from nowhere on the national scene to national respect.

Agreed.
+1
PetrinoBall is rolling!!

Pigdiana Jones

the NC season and the NC season which got us screwed by the refs.

So Corliss, Scottie and Beck.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

RZBC9

Corliss, Scotty, Beckand McDaniel.... Day, Mayberry and Miller are a close second...

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Porky861 on August 05, 2008, 05:47:03 pm
Sure wish I would have been old enough to enjoy the triplets.  That would have had to have been a good era.

It was, and every kid on every playground in Arkansas imitated Sidney Moncrief.  All the stars on HS and JHS teams seemed to wear #32, as well.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd