Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Olu Famutimi

Started by RayZorbak, July 25, 2008, 07:13:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RayZorbak

Starting For Canada In B-Ball game tonite vs. USA

kibster

They are talking very good about him right now.   good for him.  I wish he would have stayed and finished though.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Hollywood_HOGan45

one of the biggest disappointments and one of the reasons coach heath didnt last here.

slick_will1980

he's not that good...he wouldn't have saved heaths job...Heath had more talent that last year then most teams in the country so dont think this kid would have helped

yraciv

Quote from: slick_will1980 on July 25, 2008, 10:48:43 pm
he's not that good...he wouldn't have saved heaths job...Heath had more talent that last year then most teams in the country so dont think this kid would have helped

If he lived up to his high school hype, he would have.

Smithian

Had Olu been as good as advertised and stayed all the way through, that last heath team would have kicked some serious "a".

Stateline Hawg

Olu was a pretty good defender, especially off the ball.  Not the great scorer we hoped he would be, but most fans only notice who scores the basket.

southeasthog

One of Olu's strengths before the injury was his explosiveness off the floor. Could jump over anybody and dunk in their face. He never regained the confidence in his knee to do that here. We saw flashes in games but would dissappear quickly. jmo

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2008, 06:18:28 pm
Olu was "advertised" BEFORE the knee injury.  He was not the same player after that.  He was still a pretty good college player.  I don't get why our fans bash him so much.  Our program was s--- when he committed to us as a McD AA.  I'm glad he chose us as I am sure it didn't hurt Heath's rebuild to have that high profile of a recruit commit to him that soon here.

he left the program when it was stupid of him to go to the NBA.
He averaged 9 points and 4 rbs his last season.

Really a disappointment.

Hogimus Prime

had he not hurt his knee he would have been something special

booogaga

wasnt he one of the to ten in the country. a  5 star recruit, or am i dead wrong?
GO HOGS!

pignatious

Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2008, 06:18:28 pm
Olu was "advertised" BEFORE the knee injury.  He was not the same player after that.  He was still a pretty good college player.  I don't get why our fans bash him so much.  Our program was s--- when he committed to us as a McD AA.  I'm glad he chose us as I am sure it didn't hurt Heath's rebuild to have that high profile of a recruit commit to him that soon here.

Probably because he was lazy and completely overrated and had a huge ego to boot to think he could actually go early to the NBA when he had done less than squat in college.
Freedom is never free.

fineswine

All he did was take minutes from Pookie.  It was advertised what a great "finisher" he was, but all he did was stand around and jack jump shots that had no chance.  It was GREAT to see him leave.

djgaffer

Quote from: fineswine on August 03, 2008, 12:54:21 pm
All he did was take minutes from Pookie.  It was advertised what a great "finisher" he was, but all he did was stand around and jack jump shots that had no chance.  It was GREAT to see him leave.

As a sophomore, Olu shot 39.3% from 3 point land.  That would have led us in percentage last year.  He also was the 3rd leading rebounder on the Hogs as a soph. 

He obviously wasn't near ready for the NBA when he left, but it's amazing how negatively he's viewed in Razorback land.  The perception of Olu was much worse than the reality. 

Stateline Hawg

If we could have combined pookies offense and Olu's defense into one player,we would have had a pretty good player.  Most fans don't notice sound defense other than blocks and steals.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: fineswine on August 03, 2008, 12:54:21 pm

and how many times did Pookie jack up shots that had no chance of going in?  how many times would he not make a pass into the post?  how many times did he get blown by when he was on defense?   alot.

pignatious

Quote from: pignatious on August 03, 2008, 12:09:53 am
Probably because he was lazy and completely overrated and had a huge ego to boot to think he could actually go early to the NBA when he had done less than squat in college.
Quote from: donewithdale on August 03, 2008, 01:31:43 am
Lazy? Have examples?  And how do you know his motives for leaving?  I still do not get the anger for a kid leaving school early.  Its his decision.  Do you feel betrayed in some way? 

Darnell gets this same kind of crap when his presence and play was key to us winning a NC and almost a second.  Yet he still gets discussed as one of our biggest busts.  Our fans can be real pieces of crap, especially when it comes to basketball.  One of worst examples of our spoiled fan base came one night when we beat Memphis in a close one in BWA.  Darnell missed a FT late that was very important and was booed.  I happened to be in the tunnel after the game and Nolan passed by.  I had never seen him so mad and we had just won a big game over a rival at the time.  Unreal. 

Well, there were so many times I can't recall them all. He was so positively bad on offense that he was a negative being out there. I assume he was stupid for leaving, because no one in their right mind would draft him. Was that incorrect? Not betrayed. Just never understood how he got playing time, when we had walkons who were more deserving of PT.
Freedom is never free.