Fortson

Started by Hogbody, July 13, 2008, 01:30:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogbody

Anyone know if he is on campus yet?

Rooka

Not sure but he is a Hog for sure...

mbgrulz

I don't think he is here yet. i believe he is awaiting NCAA apporval just like jason henry.

i hear both are expected to get a thumbs up.

Marc Maggard

He is not yet on campus....expected on Monday, but has been expected before and not shown up. 

mm

Razorvet

You really don't like this kid. Whats up with that? You have no ties to Arkansas basketball so without a dog in this hunt I really can't figure it out. I know your trying to build some brand recognition and you may have over reached on him. So what if he called you out. You deserved it for putting out info on him that wasn't accurate. And I agree with him 100%. You are just some guy from Kentucky. He's a Hog now so you need to lay off.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Marc Maggard on July 14, 2008, 01:39:43 am
He is not yet on campus....expected on Monday, but has been expected before and not shown up. 

mm

whats your problem with Fortson? You say he's not as good as people say and he's not going to be eligible.

Whats the deal?

RazorAg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 14, 2008, 04:58:33 pm
whats your problem with Fortson? You say he's not as good as people say and he's not going to be eligible.

Whats the deal?

What did he say in that post that dogged Fortson?  I think some of us are a little too protective.  He just said that he was scheduled to show up but hadn't yet.  That's the truth.

Goodness, people :)

Marc Maggard

Quote from: Cooper on July 14, 2008, 05:16:31 pm
My guess is that there may be a history of bashing him?

Uh, quite the opposite.

mm

newhog

Marc hasn't ever dogged fortson he just says what he has heard,that is what his job is.He does like Arkansas and there players and he will be at some of our games this year.Don't you guys like to hear what he has heard?He is acurate,Fortson is not on campus would it be better if he said fortson was on campus and lie?

Porkatarian

Guys Marc is legit.  His basketball info is very good and I appreciate what he brings to the board.  Others are paying for info that's not nearly as good as what we have her for free!

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

HogRadioTMC

Quote from: Cooper on July 14, 2008, 05:16:31 pm
My guess is that there may be a history of bashing him?

Marc,

Unfortunately, some of the folks on our board are misinformed as to your intentions.  I'm sorry for that! 

Thanks, again, for the many updates and QUALITY information you have and will continue to provide to the board.  I enjoyed our past visit and look forward to more of the "inside scoop" you'll, hopefully, still provide -- in spite of those few that spew! 

TMC

PorkSoda

Quote from: HogRadioTMC on July 15, 2008, 12:31:13 pm
Marc,

Unfortunately, some of the folks on our board are misinformed as to your intentions.  I'm sorry for that! 

Thanks, again, for the many updates and QUALITY information you have and will continue to provide to the board.  I enjoyed our past visit and look forward to more of the "inside scoop" you'll, hopefully, still provide -- in spite of those few that spew! 

TMC

I agree, Thanks Marc, ignore the black helicopter posters.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The Boar War

Quote from: newhog on July 15, 2008, 12:11:41 pm
Marc hasn't ever dogged fortson he just says what he has heard,that is what his job is.He does like Arkansas and there players and he will be at some of our games this year.Don't you guys like to hear what he has heard?He is acurate,Fortson is not on campus would it be better if he said fortson was on campus and lie?

I agree.  I would rather hear whats going on (good or bad) than receive the message board equivalent of drive time sports.

Marc Maggard

Appreciate the kind words.

I know that many fans of schools view me as some Kentucky "superfan", which is not accurate at all.  I've spent a decade working in recruiting, and yeah, I follow Uk close...I grew up in Ky.....but I'm a fan of college basketball and have no "hate" for ANY program.

My experience here has been mostly positive, and I really like Lanny, Davenport and a few others I've made "friendships" with here......but the particular subject of Fortson has for some reason gone south for me. 

This makes me not want to share information about Fortson......so I'll just stop talking about it now.  But I can say that everything I've ever posted about Fortson has been absolutely correct.  And, I'm a big fan of him as a player and a person.

mm

Hoggy1

Quote from: Razorvet on July 14, 2008, 01:52:55 am
You really don't like this kid. Whats up with that? You have no ties to Arkansas basketball so without a dog in this hunt I really can't figure it out. I know your trying to build some brand recognition and you may have over reached on him. So what if he called you out. You deserved it for putting out info on him that wasn't accurate. And I agree with him 100%. You are just some guy from Kentucky. He's a Hog now so you need to lay off.

You seem just about as misinformed on Fortson as anyone.

Good grief
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

yraciv

Quote from: Marc Maggard on July 15, 2008, 01:23:39 am
You guys are absolute idiots....

I've been a HUGE fan of Fortson since WAY before he signed with Arkansas.....I've said OVER and OVER that he is a stud and I think he will be an IMPACT FRESHMAN.

Then, I simply told you when he was expected to show up now, but stated that he had been expected in the past, but didn't make it then.

Also, any information I've put out about Courtney has been 100 percent accurate.....

I think a few of you are ridiculous.

mm

Are you the guy that came on here and said he wouldn't qualify? Other then that I've never seen you dog Fortson.

Marc Maggard

July 15, 2008, 11:59:37 pm #16 Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:01:39 am by Marc Maggard
Quote from: yraciv on July 15, 2008, 11:54:21 pm
Are you the guy that came on here and said he wouldn't qualify? Other then that I've never seen you dog Fortson.

Are you the guy who can't comprehend what someone writes? ;)  Other than that, I've never seen anyone say that he wouldn't qualify.

I do recall saying that he was looking at Juco's due to the fact that he was not nearly as confident as the "public story" was......  I'm sure when he gets on campus as a qualified player, there will be lots more people telling me how "wrong" I was.

mm

COCHISE

I'm a bit concerned, if I'm not mistaken Fortson and Henry are in the same position, both waiting to be cleared by the NCAA.  Yet Henry is already on campus and practicing with the team but Fortson has yet to arrive in Fayetteville, if he is just waiting to be cleared, why not come on to campus and practice while he waits like Henry is doing?  Hopefully I'm just reading too much into his absence.

Porkatarian

I'm told that the coaches now feel much better about the chances of BOTH being cleared by the NCAA.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

cmiller01

that's a huge sigh of relief.

Aside from Rotnei Clark, Fortson was going to be one of the biggest contributors to next season.

Hogbody

Quote from: cmiller01 on July 31, 2008, 05:35:50 pm
that's a huge sigh of relief.

Aside from Rotnei Clark, Fortson was going to be one of the biggest contributors to next season.

Perhaps even bigger.  He's crazy athletic.  Good vision.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Porkatarian on July 31, 2008, 05:27:32 pm
I'm told that the coaches now feel much better about the chances of BOTH being cleared by the NCAA.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Porkatarian out...

Man, I sure hope your information is correct!  I'm excited about this team (as long as we keep the remaining signees)!

XPS

Hey Hog fans, UK is in the same boat with Liggins, a UK insider says the NCAA clearinghouse could be making a decision on August 1st. Good Luck...

newhog

I heard from a Kentucky person he won't be cleared.

The_Bionic_Pig

You know what they say about tooting your own horn (toldja so)  but..... "toot - toot"  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

opineonswine

Quote from: newhog on August 01, 2008, 08:18:45 am

Wishful thinking on their part.

Razorod

poster may have been saying ky people don't think liggins will be cleared.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Dances With Hogs

Thats who I would listen to, for sure.
Quote from: newhog on August 01, 2008, 08:18:45 am

mbgrulz

Quote from: Dances With Hogs on August 01, 2008, 11:10:38 am
Thats who I would listen to, for sure.
They're talking about DeAndre Liggins not being cleared. A KY person doesn't believe DL will make it.

From all i've heard, Fortson and Henry are fully expected to make it. Just waiting on the formalities.

XPS

I hear good things on Liggins and yes the coaching staff is very confident Liggins will make it, he has been on campus for a while now...

Marc Maggard

Don't believe anyone who says "expect to hear by this date.".  You cannot predict when the NCAA will make a ruling.  It's just impossible.  In years past, these types of things start happening in late august, early september.  They have to get thru the football kids first.  Add to it, this summer, the eligibility center is moving offices which will have them out of pocket for a week or so.

mm

Lake City Hog

Any official word on Fortson being cleared to play? With announcement on Beverly he is a REAL need now!

SMOKE

Quote from: Hogbody on July 13, 2008, 01:30:02 pm
Anyone know if he is on campus yet?

Did you even read this thread or any of the others, geezus.....

WAITING ON CLEARINGHOUSE  FOR THE 100th time. I figure you can read and its been asked a zillion times and its pretty clear what the answer is just read a little bit buddy and save yourself the embarassment!

Hogbody

Quote from: SMOKE on August 11, 2008, 12:12:29 am
Did you even read this thread or any of the others, geezus.....

WAITING ON CLEARINGHOUSE  FOR THE 100th time. I figure you can read and its been asked a zillion times and its pretty clear what the answer is just read a little bit buddy and save yourself the embarassment!

Umm are you ok buddy?
That was posted a month ago.

SMOKE

August 11, 2008, 12:17:34 am #34 Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:20:32 am by SMOKE
Seriously, theres tons of threads on all the Arkansas websites and this one talking about this....

Every thread that talks about the new players this comes up, read the Henry McDonald thread 2 spots down if you want and its the same!

Hogbody

Quote from: SMOKE on August 11, 2008, 12:17:34 am
Seriously, theres tons of threads on all the Arkansas websites and this one talking about this....

seriously, this thread was started a month ago.  Chill out.

SMOKE

Apparently you are clueless too, have a good night.....

Hogbody

Quote from: SMOKE on August 11, 2008, 12:22:09 am
Apparently you are clueless too, have a good night.....

Just lay off the pipe...

SMOKE

Hogbody

Quote from: SMOKE on August 11, 2008, 12:23:20 am
kill yourself!

wow that's pretty serious dont you think?
haha.. Are you crazy or something?

SMOKE

lil bit, i just get tired of people asking the same questions. like i said in every thread on this class that comes up this is brought up and answered by Porkatarian and all the other so called insiders. You know it too and dont know why you are arguing with me....

Hogbody

Quote from: SMOKE on August 11, 2008, 12:27:05 am
lil bit, i just get tired of people asking the same questions. like i said in every thread on this class that comes up this is brought up and answered by Porkatarian and all the other so called insiders. You know it too and dont know why you are arguing with me....

I'm not arguing, I was just stating facts.
And honestly do you even know anything?  Your opinions aren't important and don't answer any questions.
I do find you somewhat humorous however.

SMOKE

ok well im done arguing wth you, peace out

chiefsfan

So how long before Smoke gets banned and this gets deleted

I give it 3 hours
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

BOAR'N LEGACY

These posts are starting to make my hemorrhoids flare up again...  :(
"If it's important enough for you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." - Jimmy Dykes

"What if DOG was spelled C-A-T?" - Oger

"Cinnabons from Taco Bell: They'll make you cream your pants!" - Nick Kremers

PeytonManningSUCKS

walking sports encyclopedia from watching TV.  That's like using wikipedia as your reference.

Baconator

Dudley said on the radio that Courtney was at home with his bags packed waiting for the NCAA's decision. He said he was expecting word of his eligibility by the end of the week.

The Recruiting Guy

I deleted some of the posts.

XPS

The Hogs should have already received the news about Fortson? Liggins for UK has been cleared and a bunch of others around the country. If the Hogs don't hear anything in the next couple of days, time to be worried...

chiefsfan

Quote from: XPS on August 15, 2008, 01:02:50 pm
The Hogs should have already received the news about Fortson? Liggins for UK has been cleared and a bunch of others around the country. If the Hogs don't hear anything in the next couple of days, time to be worried...

NCAA does not have to notify us till August 25th.   I wont worry till I know for sure they have turned him down
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.