Previous topic - Next topic

Porknoxville

Calipari - Arkansas
Oates - Bamur
Pearl - Aubarn
Barnes - Tenner
Beard - Ole Missy
Buzzer - TxAM
And Now the possibility of(Rumor has it he will have to tell them no).......
DONOVAN - KY

Reservoir Hogs

He will (or has) tell them no.

hobhog

freedomcounty

I'm fascinated with the Kentucky search. They're going to get someone good but there isn't an obvious homerun hire available like when the got Cal last time. The options that would make everyone happy have already said no.

donnie

If it's not Oats then they failed IMO.

UAGrad2019

Dan Hurley with an emphatic "No Way!!!" when asked if he would take the Kentucky job, lol.

Billy D isn't happening; he would rather retire than deal with those total lunatic fans in Lexington.

If UK doesn't nab Scott Drew, then they have failed. I agree.

UAGrad2019

Quote from: donnie on April 09, 2024, 01:49:47 pmIf it's not Oats then they failed IMO.

Nate Oates has already told UK no.

donnie

Quote from: UAGrad2019 on April 09, 2024, 01:54:23 pmNate Oates has already told UK no.

Mitch Barnhart hasn't given him a contract for $10MM a year yet.

Hogcycle

Quote from: donnie on April 09, 2024, 01:49:47 pmIf it's not Oats then they failed IMO.

Oats said yesterday on X, he is not leaving Bama

Hogcycle

Quote from: UAGrad2019 on April 09, 2024, 01:53:39 pmDan Hurley with an emphatic "No Way!!!" when asked if he would take the Kentucky job, lol.

Billy D isn't happening; he would rather retire than deal with those total lunatic fans in Lexington.

If UK doesn't nab Scott Drew, then they have failed. I agree.

Billy D is 58 years old and only making $6 million a year. A few more million will help him deal with lunatic fans.

donnie

Quote from: Hogcycle on April 09, 2024, 01:59:00 pmOats said yesterday on X, he is not leaving Bama

And I'll believe he's not the coach when someone else is officially the coach at UK.

Sounds like Barnhart has been asleep at the wheel, but when he starts knocking on the door with a ton of cash people will listen.

UAGrad2019

Quote from: donnie on April 09, 2024, 01:55:48 pmMitch Barnhart hasn't given him a contract for $10MM a year yet.

Well perhaps you're right. I think Bama will fight hard to keep Oates.

Personally, I hope Oates stays at Bama.
Him in Tuscaloosa makes the conference stronger overall.

Salty spork

Quote from: Hogcycle on April 09, 2024, 01:59:00 pmOats said yesterday on X, he is not leaving Bama
So where is he going?

donnie

Quote from: UAGrad2019 on April 09, 2024, 02:02:01 pmWell perhaps you're right. I think Bama will fight hard to keep Oates.

Personally, I hope Oates stays at Bama.
Him in Tuscaloosa makes the conference stronger overall.

Lol screw that and screw Bama. Would rather them weakened.

Killean

Quote from: Hogcycle on April 09, 2024, 02:00:27 pmBilly D is 58 years old and only making $6 million a year. A few more million will help him deal with lunatic fans.

It really wouldn't. A extra few million isn't changing your life when you're making $6m and putting up with extra bullcrap would lower your quality of life.

Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

26.2Hog

That's what just about every coach says, right before they leave.

UAGrad2019

Quote from: Hogcycle on April 09, 2024, 02:00:27 pmBilly D is 58 years old and only making $6 million a year. A few more million will help him deal with lunatic fans.

I'll stick with my belief Billy D doesn't really want the UK job. Of course, I could be wrong.

But I really don't think he wants to put up with all the nonsense from UK fans. They are INSANE.

Ironhawg

I read an article last night talking about potential coaches to Kentucky.  The article mentioned Dan Hurley, Billy Donovan and Jay Wright.  No mention of Drew, Oats or Beard.  You got to give it to UK, when it comes to basketball they swing for the fences!

HogT

They BBN is already crying to get Pitino back at 70 years old. And he would crawl back to KY to coach there again
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

Hogpile

Porknoxville

Quote from: hobhog on April 09, 2024, 01:32:22 pmDonavan ain't going to KY.
well whether it is him, Hurley, Drew, or even within the sec(Beard or Oates) it will be something.

MtnHog2005

KY has two lists. The first group knows they can get max $$ from KY (Donovan, Hurley, Oates?). It would be about ego for them. The second group would get a nice raise and a step up (Drew, Beard, etc). KY is not the elite job it once was. As a 50+ year KY fan and 40+ year AR fan, AR is a much better place for a coach. KY fans think they are "entitled" and coaches are lucky to be there and have them cheer for the program. Cal lasting 15 years is a miracle. Look at his pictures. He has aged 30 years. AR fans are grateful and knowledgeable about good basketball, hard work and passionate coaching. Cal knows AR. He has recruited in the state and been at Bud Walton many times.  Probably still has nightmares about a Qualls tip-in. Just think, he will be the coach for two different teams at Bud Walton in the same calendar year!

raz1965

The SEC will be laoded with great coaches

Cal
Pearl
Barnes
Oats
Beard and likely Drew will end up at KY, that is 6 caoches that may well end up in the hall of fame all in the same league at the same time.

Cal has a great history but we need to realize the SEC had more cupcakes a few years ago than it now does, so one can expect more losses in conference play from very good teams even. Cal is a good coach but the conference is equally good now days, have  expectations but be real as to what they should be.