€ra
‼️

‼️

@brianojohnson
Follow
Follow @brianojohnson

More
Blessed to receive an offer from the university of Arknanas #razorbacks
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jackflash

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Bubba's Bruisers

Wondering which A&M commits Jimbo is asking to look around elsewhere.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

IronMountainHog

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 17, 2017, 10:48:14 am
Arknanas? Where is that at?
this is EXACTLY what 17 year old texans thought before Morris. Now they commit before they even visit... GO HOGS>
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HawgNthaWater

You do realize that close to 50% of the entire student body is from Texas these days?
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

factchecker

Quote from: HawgNthaWater on December 17, 2017, 12:48:23 pm
You do realize that close to 50% of the entire student body is from Texas these days?

Why do people keep saying this when it's 100% false?

Our current enrollment is 27,558.

Of that total - only 5,868 students are from Texas.

That equals around 21% of the student population.

https://oir.uark.edu/students/enrollment-state.php

For those who want to know:

14,323 of our students are from Arkansas (52%).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 17, 2017, 10:59:35 am
this is EXACTLY what 17 year old texans thought before Morris. Now they commit before they even visit... GO HOGS>

Who are these commits you speak of?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Oklahawg

Quote from: factchecker on December 17, 2017, 01:41:47 pm

Yeah, they immediately presume that if close to half are from out-of-state they all must be from TX.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2017, 01:44:27 pm
Who are these commits you speak of?
Devin White. You ain't know, man? He committed but LSU had the cops blackmail him into staying

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 17, 2017, 03:09:29 pm
Devin White. You ain't know, man? He committed but LSU had the cops blackmail him into staying

I forgot about White.  A Texas recruit from LA.  Proving once again how big TX really is.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 17, 2017, 01:49:32 pm
Yeah, they immediately presume that if close to half are from out-of-state they all must be from TX.

I think the confusion is that in the last ten years our enrollment has increased dramatically (18k to 27k) and about half of that increase if from Texas (1500 to 5900).

ThundrHawg

The part I don't understand is why people keep equating other students from Texas = more Texas recruits. The two don't equate. There is a possibility of getting a recruit who has a family member in school here, but 6k Texas kids is a drop in the ocean compared to how many Texas kids you have in school somewhere else. Ninety percent of our student body could be from Florida, that doesn't mean we are gonna get more recruits from there......

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 17, 2017, 10:48:14 am
Arknanas? Where is that at?

Don't make fun, we played great with the Nike "Akransas" uniforms a year ago :)

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2017, 03:16:03 pm
I forgot about White.  A Texas recruit from LA.  Proving once again how big TX really is.
Just making fun of Pig n the pokey. He guaranteed devin White to arkansas

AirWarren

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 18, 2017, 01:20:59 pm
Just making fun of Pig n the pokey. He guaranteed devin White to arkansas

And the coach at Memphis.

Piggfoot

Quote from: factchecker on December 17, 2017, 01:41:47 pm

Don't you know many fact quoters here use the POTA system ( picked outta thin air)
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 18, 2017, 03:05:16 pm
Don't you know many fact quoters here use the POTA system ( picked outta thin air)

I think the confusion comes from discussion about the overall growth in enrollment. Enrollment is up about 9000 students since 2008. Arkansas students make up about a 1000 of that increase. Texans increased by 4400 from 1500 to 5900. The next largest jumps are by Missouri (900) and Kansas (700). In ten years Texas has jumped from 8% of total enrollment to over 20%.

emdavenp

Quote from: ThundrHawg on December 17, 2017, 09:56:03 pm
The part I don't understand is why people keep equating other students from Texas = more Texas recruits. The two don't equate. There is a possibility of getting a recruit who has a family member in school here, but 6k Texas kids is a drop in the ocean compared to how many Texas kids you have in school somewhere else. Ninety percent of our student body could be from Florida, that doesn't mean we are gonna get more recruits from there......

When you're in a new place, learning that someone is from the same place where you are can provide a small sense of comfort and home. It's similar to going to an away game. Being from Jacksonville, FL, my wife and I went to The Swamp during BB's first year. Any hog fan we saw gave us a wave and a smile.