Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The OFFICAL "Show us your stringer" thread.

Started by pioneerhog, May 09, 2006, 09:21:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerhog

I hardly ever carry a camera with me so I won't be posting to many pics of fish. For those of you that do though here is the thread for you guys to post your pics. Let's see those stringers.

hogbalz

In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

hogbalz

In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

RaZoRtUsK

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

A-Town Hog Fan

Quote from: hogbalz on May 09, 2006, 09:34:37 pm
Spottail

Man that must of been your first, you sure are happy about that pic.  Poor fishy ;)
Lord help us all!

hogbalz

Quote from: Packman21 on May 10, 2006, 09:50:52 am
Spottail

Man that must of been your first, you sure are happy about that pic.  Poor fishy ;)

No not my first. Have lived in Charleston SC for six years and have been fortunate to offshore fish a lot. Just my biggest bass so far. Have caught many sharks, dolphin, king fish, wahoo, black bass, flounder etc you get the point.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

A-Town Hog Fan

i was talking about what the fish is doing to you.  Your first/  It is great to have a pic of your fist.  ;)
Lord help us all!

LSUFan

Quote from: hogbalz on May 10, 2006, 10:19:07 am
Spottail

No not my first. Have lived in Charleston SC for six years and have been fortunate to offshore fish a lot. Just my biggest bass so far. Have caught many sharks, dolphin, king fish, wahoo, black bass, flounder etc you get the point.

Am I missing something here? That's a redfish, not a bass?

A pic of me, my dad, and my boys. That's a 29.5lb sow

Also, a pic of 2 9lb lobsters we caught at Wal-Mart ;D

hogbalz

Quote from: LSUFan on May 10, 2006, 01:55:23 pm
Spottail

No you are not missing anything. A redfish is also called a spotail bass. Nothing more than a saltwater drum in my opinion.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

LSUFan

Quote from: hogbalz on May 10, 2006, 02:16:35 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on May 10, 2006, 01:55:23 pm
Spottail

No you are not missing anything. A redfish is also called a spotail bass. Nothing more than a saltwater drum in my opinion.

hmm, Never heard it called that.

hogbalz

May be a South Carolina thing. Generations of inbreeding has these people all screwed up. Just joking.

http://www.reelfishfinder.com/
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

010HogFan

May 10, 2006, 10:36:29 pm #11 Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:50:16 pm by 010HogFan
nice spinnerbait bass from Millwood Lake

LSUFan

My 8 year old, red and yellow Powerbait Worm, Arkansas River

Landonhog

May 13, 2006, 12:44:12 pm #13 Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 12:46:54 pm by Landonhog
Catfish on a trotline in the Buffalo... First trotline ever...

Trout caught up at Roaring River MO....  about 12 years ago...

LSUFan

May 15, 2006, 12:27:17 pm #14 Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:29:00 pm by LSUFan
Went to my honey hole on the AR river Saturday. I didn't even get to fish b/c I was taking off fish and rebaiting so damn fast for the boys, who cares, I was able to drink beer while doing it, and fishing is for them anyways.

Caught 94 redears and bluegills, filleting size.

My middle son caught a redear that went 2lbs, I'll post pics.

The neighbor caught 210 bluegills and redears in clear lake, filleting size.

hogbalz

Quote from: LSUFan on May 15, 2006, 12:27:17 pm
Went to my honey hole on the AR river Saturday. I didn't even get to fish b/c I was taking off fish and rebaiting so damn fast for the boys, who cares, I was able to drink beer while doing it, and fishing is for them anyways.

Damn LSUFan I need to go fishing with you. That sounds like a great day my friend.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

LSUFan

Quote from: hogbalz on May 15, 2006, 12:43:35 pm

Damn LSUFan I need to go fishing with you. That sounds like a great day my friend.

Where ya at?

hogbalz

Charleston SC right now but looking like I may be moving back to Arkansas soon.
--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

LSUFan

Quote from: hogbalz on May 15, 2006, 01:17:11 pm
Charleston SC right now but looking like I may be moving back to Arkansas soon.

If you leave now, we can go fishing Saturday ;D

LSUFan

Quote from: Mountainboar on May 15, 2006, 02:16:29 pm

Gonna have to make a road trip...can't beat some good bream fishing with the kids.

It was so fast and furious, it was all I could do to keep up. -take off fish, bait hook, put up fish, bait hook, take off bait OOps, bait hook, take off fish, drink beer, etc, etc.

ConwayHog

I catch fish that like to eat your bream.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Fresh Legs on May 18, 2006, 12:11:48 am

Well I am planning on takeing my daughter to a little honey hole I got for bream this weekend. I am gonna TRY and throw out a line and try and catch a bass if I have time. I have never fished this pond for bass but I am pretty sure there are some there. The few times I took my daughter there last year I never had time to fish. She enjoyed it though and that is what it is all about anyway.

ConwayHog

Quote from: pioneerhog on May 18, 2006, 07:05:07 am
Quote from: Fresh Legs on May 18, 2006, 12:11:48 am

Well I am planning on takeing my daughter to a little honey hole I got for bream this weekend. I am gonna TRY and throw out a line and try and catch a bass if I have time. I have never fished this pond for bass but I am pretty sure there are some there. The few times I took my daughter there last year I never had time to fish. She enjoyed it though and that is what it is all about anyway.

There's no doubt about it.  I like teasing you fellas with kids but I remember my dad starting me out on pond fishing.  It's the reason I love to fish today.

SultanofSwine