Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you/Do you think you would enjoy boxing?

Started by Huckleberry Pig, May 15, 2013, 01:35:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckleberry Pig

Hey folks, like I mentioned on the "what are you working on right now" thread I joined a boxing club in Dallas called Title Boxing Club.  Obviously, it is sponsored by Title and they franchise out locations.  They have several throughout the US but I still feel they are very much in a growth mode.  The ones in Dallas have really taken off. 

That said, I am starting to look into the idea of opening up a franchise in the fayetteville area (still very early, just been thinking about it) but would like to get ya'lls feedback to see: 1. Would that many people up there actually be interested in boxing/kickboxing, 2. What do you think some of the drawbacks/obstacles would be, and 3. Where would be an ideal location for one?

This club hosts hour long group classes throughout the day, but only offers boxing/kickboxing.  However, they have several different trainers who mix it up so you never know what you're going to get.  They tend to do 10-15 minutes of warm-ups, 30-40 minutes of boxing, and 10-15 minutes of core/abs.  Again, this format tends to stay the same but the actual exercises/boxing/core work are always different.

Also included at my club is a small gym area with some free weights and the basics but to be honest it could use a few more items.  They also have a small boxing ring for private lessons and a few treadmills to run on. 

Our monthly membership is $75 a month, which I think is a bit steep but I am living in the heart of Dallas where that is actually pretty normal for a gym membership.  I also presume the monthly lease for the club I'm at cost more than one would in the Fayetteville area so I wonder if that could effect the price of monthly membership.  Ideally I think $50 a month in Fayetteville would be a good median price.

Again, I have fallen in love with this club and have really seen great results, esp in my core.  Boxing also tends to be addicting and the group setting is great, really helps me stay motivated to know I'll have people doing it with me.

This is their website - http://www.titleboxingclub.com/

check it out - and like I said I would love ya'lls feedback as I am really considering trying to do this. 

clutch

I love boxing, sadly, it would probably struggle because most people now days would prefer to do the MMA gyms.

I'd choose boxing any day of the week, but I know that I'm in the minority now. Everyone thinks they are a freakin cage fighter.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: clutch on May 15, 2013, 07:59:56 pm
I love boxing, sadly, it would probably struggle because most people now days would prefer to do the MMA gyms.

I'd choose boxing any day of the week, but I know that I'm in the minority now. Everyone thinks they are a freakin cage fighter.

i thought about that, but they have done extremely well here in Dallas.  And to be honest there are more girl members there than guys.