Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee

Started by RebelW, March 02, 2015, 09:27:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

Quote from: Dropkick on April 23, 2017, 07:40:04 pm
Maybe he has a 5 star heart and can still be a champion of life.
Since you're not smart enough to understand Jones statements I doubt you'd get my witty retort so I'll let you have this one.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ALLVOL on April 23, 2017, 07:21:56 pm
If every kid who got into a fight in high school was to get kicked off of their college team, there wouldn't be enough players to field a team for any school.

It's sssault.

...on film.

He's gone.

...or allow me to rephrase that..."he should be gone".

Dropkick

Quote from: ALLVOL on April 23, 2017, 10:02:50 pm
Since you're not smart enough to understand Jones statements I doubt you'd get my witty retort so I'll let you have this one.
I thought Butch was doing a Houston Nutt impersonation in those instances.

ALLVOL

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 24, 2017, 10:23:17 am
It's sssault.

...on film.

He's gone.

Sure. I tell you what, if you will advocate that all kids who got into a fight in high school to lose their scholly on all teams then I'll take you serious. I won't agree with you because high school kids have been fighting since the inception of high schools. Should the Ol' Miss kid lose his scholly to for stealing the headphones? I mean is theft ok?

hogcard1964

Quote from: ALLVOL on April 24, 2017, 10:34:22 am
Sure. I tell you what, if you will advocate that all kids who got into a fight in high school to lose their scholly on all teams then I'll take you serious. I won't agree with you because high school kids have been fighting since the inception of high schools. Should the Ol' Miss kid lose his scholly to for stealing the headphones? I mean is theft ok?

If in fact he did steal them, yes.  Why would you question that?

However, make no mistake, Smith is gone.

ALLVOL

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 24, 2017, 12:27:35 pm

It's a good thing you're not making the call in Fville or anywhere else.
I would guess the majority of people on this site would kick someone's butt for stealing from them. It goes with the territory. If the Ol'Miss kid didn't want his butt kicked he shouldn't have taken someone else's property.

ALLVOL

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 24, 2017, 12:27:35 pm

And BTW, I guarantee you coach B would take him right now.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ALLVOL on April 24, 2017, 12:39:48 pm
And BTW, I guarantee you coach B would take him right now.

No, he wouldn't.

Dropkick

At least the Vols are assaulting men instead of women now.................................I keed, I keed!

ALLVOL

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 24, 2017, 02:49:23 pm
No, he wouldn't.
If and I repeat IF you believe he wouldn't then you're an idiot. He'd drive to Knoxville and pack his $hit for him. And he'd be right to do so.
this is a kid who's had ZERO issues and graduated early. A guy stole his headphones so he kicked his a$$. Sure he should've handled it better but young men do things less than smart at times. But if this is all you have on a good kid and want to ruin his life I'd say you should look in a mirror.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Dropkick on April 24, 2017, 04:01:59 pm
At least the Vols are assaulting men instead of women now.................................I keed, I keed!
LOL I get it man.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on April 22, 2017, 12:52:18 pm
Thug? LOL ok man. That video showed the lead up? That video showed the entire scenario?
I'l tell you what's trash. It's people who see a small part of something and jump to conclusion and bash someone they don't know and have never met and know NOTHING about. But because they play a darned game for a team they happen to not like they trash the kid. I mean you're right. To think 2 high school kids fighting over something small. Next thing you know they will probably drink underage... they should be ruined for life.
What the.... That's PATHETIC!!! That is just a ridiculous display of putting football first. More of that Tennesse Way. TRASH, the lot of you slimevols!
I can't wait for that bum to get run off and you overconfident slimevols have to start over, again. Because the rebuild is complete and all...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

April 24, 2017, 09:36:37 pm #1312 Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:48:58 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 24, 2017, 10:23:17 am
It's sssault.

...on film.

He's gone.

He'd be gone if he were a Hog, that's for sure. But when has Tenner ever demonstrated 'integrity", like, ever?

He punched that dude in the BACK of the head like 2 dozen times, even came back for a round two. And Vol expects us to believe a PoS thug like that hasn't ever been in trouble before? He doesn't deserve to get a free college education, period. Let that fool go to Oklahoma already, wit tenner's spineless, win-at-all-costs-but-still-lose-half-their-games asses. He's only defending that thug because he's their prized recruit. They are Baylor and Pississippi State all rolled up in one. ThugU. Athletes get treated like they are completely above the law while snowflake vol fans fume that anyone would question their integrity.

UGA just kicked a dude off the team for shoving a woman (good job, UGA) but at Tennessee you can punch defenseless people repeatedly and you good. At Pississippi State, you can pound woman and stomp them repeatedly and you good. Ridiculous world we live in.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 24, 2017, 09:36:37 pm
He'd be gone if he were a Hog, that's for sure. But when has Tenner ever demonstrated 'integrity", like, ever?

He punched that dude in the BACK of the head like 2 dozen times, even came back for a round two. And Vol expects us to believe a PoS thug like that hasn't ever been in trouble before? He doesn't deserve to get a free college education, period. Let that fool go to Oklahoma already, wit tenner's spineless, win-at-all-costs-but-still-lose-half-their-games asses. He's only defending that thug because he's their prized recruit. They are Baylor and Pississippi State all rolled up in one. ThugU. Athletes get treated like they are completely above the law while snowflake vol fans fume that anyone would question their integrity.

UGA just kicked a dude off the team for shoving a woman (good job, UGA) but at Tennessee you can punch defenseless people repeatedly and you good. At Pississippi State, you can pound woman and stomp them repeatedly and you good. Ridiculous world we live in.
Just when I think your "dumbness" can't get worse you prove me wrong. Bravo sir. Bravo

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/SECCountryVols/status/867491814328201217

This is like Pluto challenging Uranus' status as a planet.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/869165937072758784

Belee dat

QuoteKNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee's football spring slogan — D.A.T. —

"[Leadership] has to be a collective group effort, and that's why our theme going into the spring was 'DAT,' ..." Jones said. "A lot of that stems around leadership, especially the accountability part of it."

Tennessee did not name captains at the spring game this year as it did last year, as Jones said he wanted more of a group effort in that capacity.

Vols freshmen report Monday and the team begins its summer offseason conditioning program on Wednesday.

Tennessee, coming off back-to-back Top 25 seasons and three straight bowl wins, opens the season on Sept. 4 in Atlanta against Georgia Tech.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/869575869769158666

QuoteTennessee incoming freshmen Jacquez Jones and Jordan Murphy will not report to campus until at least the second term of summer school.

Vols had five mid-year enrollees, and another 21 2017 signees reported today.

Louisville graduate transfer cornerback Shaq Wiggins is also expected to arrive. Wiggins told SEC Country last week he was on track to join the Vols after a recruiting stop at Mississippi State.

News of the delay for Jones and Murphy is somewhat surprising, considering both are receivers and are expected to have the opportunity to contribute immediately.

Jones is a 5-10, 170-pounder from Clearwater, Fla., while Murphy is a 6-1m, 180-pound target from Hattiesburg, Miss.

Tennessee has two other incoming freshmen receivers who will be showing up: Princeton Fant from LaVergne, Tenn., and Josh Palmer of Fort Lauderdale's St. Thomas Aquinas.

Vols lack experienced depth at the receiver position.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/870590350519390208

QuoteCurrie elaborated more in his interview with USA Today college football columnist Dan Wolken:

"I'm excited to walk into an environment that we have with Coach Jones, and certainly his words and my words, everybody's words at Tennessee are parsed up pretty good because our fans are passionate about the University of Tennessee. He's a smart coach and a good person and he cares."

There is a "toxic assessment" of Jones that "swirls around the social media sphere," Wolken penned.

Indeed, there's a segment of the Tennessee fan base known as the "Nega Vols" who take great pride and satisfaction in attacking the Vols' head coach.

Because of the social media critics, Tennessee is making a concerted effort to limit access to Jones and have less football talk in the offseason.

"What I believe is that when you have a coach who's taken over a situation with all the things he took over, and you march forward, you get better at all your stuff," Currie said in the USA Today interview. "It takes a while in this environment to learn how to manage it because so many people want to know stuff.

"He's earned the right to say less because we've won a bunch of football games over the last four years."

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/871161944845291522

QuoteTennessee finished 10th in the SEC in the combined men's and women's all-sports scoring, with the men 13th and the women 6th.

"Number one, we've got to win more, ok?" Currie said during the Facebook Live Q&A with the Times Free Press. "But we have to do that in the context that of what we're here about and that's our student athletes and representing the University of Tennessee the right way ,and that's being an asset to the city, to the state and to all of college athletics.

"So we have to win more, I don't run away from that, that's important to the people of Tennessee, and it better be important to our student athletes and coaches, and I think it is."

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/873583947556454400

VFL?

QuoteCrompton was in Jasper, Tenn., on Thursday as the motivational speaker for an instructional camp run by the football staff from Reinhardt University (Ga.).

The quarterback was at the helm of a disappointing 2008 season, his junior year, which ended up getting coach Phillip Fulmer fired after his second losing season in a four-year span. Crompton would recover for a strong senior season under new coach Lane Kiffin, throwing for 2,800 yards, 27 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. The team went 7-6 after losing the Chick-fil-A Bowl to Virginia Tech.

The worst part of his college days was the treatment off the field of his family, Crompton said, recalling the time a Tennessee fan approached his mother and said he hoped Crompton and his family would die in a car crash.

"I've only been back to Tennessee twice for games since I left," Crompton said. "'Animosity' is probably the best word for how I felt for a long time. I know it wasn't the majority of the fans, but there were enough examples that it really left a bad taste in my mouth. And I don't want to have that bad taste toward my alma mater anymore. I really don't.

"I could take it if they would just say things to me, but because they would yell things at my family, I developed a genuine dislike for that place. I'm not sure how to fix that, but there are so many people still there that I love and respect and would love to see.

"I still believe Tennessee has the No. 1 fan base in the country. It's just hard to forget some of the things that happened to me and my family while I was there."

He spent three seasons in the Canadian Football League but is now retired and owns a real estate business in Asheville.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/874217592671621120

QuoteTuttle tore multiple ligaments in his knee during Tennessee's 24-21 loss to South Carolina last October — one year after a fractured leg against Georgia ended his freshman campaign.

Tuttle got out of a walking boot in May, and he's back going through limited portions of the workouts.

"It's when his body is ready to go, and he has to continue to do his due diligence like he has, but you can't put a timeframe or rush his body," Jones said. "We know he's doing everything possible and our training staff is doing everything possible, as well."

Tennessee runs at least five deep at defensive tackle.

jbcarol

ALLVOL

Quote from: jbcarol on June 12, 2017, 06:36:48 am
https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/874217592671621120

Idiot fans make up a small percentage of all fan bases but unfortunately they get most of the attention.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/879688077136023552

QuoteTennessee placed second the past two years in the SEC East. Flordia and Georgia have some question marks, the Vols could make a push to win the East.

WMNL's Josh Ward's [sic] discusses the good and bad of the Jones tenure and Tennesse's chances of winning the East.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/GrantRamey/status/879716066355761152

QuotePhillip Fulmer is ready to get to work bringing people from all sides of the University of Tennessee together.

Hired a week ago as special advisor to university President Joe DiPietro, the College Football Hall of Fame and national championship coach knows that's how Tennessee athletics takes its next step while looking to return to prominence.

"It is time that we come back together," Fulmer said Tuesday morning during an interview with Jayson Swain on WVLZ's The Swain Event. "I think that's what the goal of all of this is.

"It's hard enough to win when you have everything going well."

Fulmer knows what it looks like when everything is going well, too.

He said candidly that, during his 17 years as Tennessee's head coach, from 1992-2008, he saw Tennessee athletics "at its very, very best."

Then, Fulmer said, Tennessee started getting in its own way. Changes in the university's leadership led to breakdowns in communication and division among personnel.

"We kind of melted from the inside for a while there, to be honest with you," Fulmer said. "All of a sudden there was no direct line of communication from the president to the AD to the coaches. Everyone had their own agendas.

"We had four presidents in six years. There's no leadership and a lot of infighting and things that happened."

Fulmer was fired by former athletic director Mike Hamilton in 2008. Since then, the Vols are on their third football coach, fourth men's basketball coach and second athletic director.

DiPietro has been Tennessee's president since 2011. John Currie replaced Dave Hart as athletic director in April.

Butch Jones, the fourth football coach in five years when he was hired in December 2012, is entering his fifth season. Rick Barnes, Tennessee's third basketball coach in as many years when he was hired in 2015, is entering his third season.

According to Fulmer, the Vols have already taken multiple steps in fix what went wrong over the years.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_SEC/status/884524091486732292

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC 1h1 hour ago

Butch Jones says last season, when he had the most talented team in the East and got run by Vandy, was not a disappointment. It was.

jbcarol

Cinco de Hogo

Geez is Hogville the only team message board with the longest running thread about another team?

I think I posted in that thread once about three years ago and it's still pops up on replies every time I look.

Pet peev for the day!

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/CecilHurt/status/885192948014600192

Quote from: jbcarol on July 10, 2017, 05:38:48 pm
https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_SEC/status/884524091486732292

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC 1h1 hour ago

Butch Jones says last season, when he had the most talented team in the East and got run by Vandy, was not a disappointment. It was.

Stephen Greene

Tracy City has the best stolen car chop shop in the Deep South

jbcarol

jbcarol

Jimmy Hyams‏ @JimmyHyams Jul 17

Tennessee has sold about 68,700 season tickets, the second most since 2007. Last year was the most in 10 years: 72,000.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/889582632190836739

QuoteBovada released the 22 teams most likely to make the four-team College Football Playoff

Bama has the best odds in the country at 2-5 to make it and 7-4 to miss.

LSU, despite hiring coach Ed Orgeron last November, has the second-best odds in the SEC at 4-1.

Auburn keeps riding the hype around transfer quarterback Jarrett Stidham and has the 10th-best odds in the country at 6-1.

Georgia and Florida, tied at 12th best at 7-1.

Bovada gave the Vols 12-to-1 odds to make the playoff and 1-30 that they won't.

SEC East

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/892795084860731393

QuoteMarq Burnett: Alabama vs. Tennessee

When: Saturday, Oct. 21

Last meeting: Alabama defeated Tennessee 49-10 on Oct. 15, 2016

Tennessee at a glance

Coach: Butch Jones
    2016 record: 9-4, 4-4 SEC

There are 10-year-olds who have never witnessed a Tennessee victory over Alabama football.

Alabama has owned this series since Nick Saban took over as head coach in Tuscaloosa.

Of Alabama's 10 straight victories over Tennessee, only two have finished by a margin less than 14 points (2009, 2015).

Tennessee's best shot of beating Alabama was last season. The Volunteers had stars on both sides of the ball, including quarterback Josh Dobbs and defensive lineman Derek Barnett. But the Vols could only muster 1 touchdown in a 49-10 beating at the hands of the Crimson Tide.

Dobbs, Barnett and others are gone, and the Vols are left with question marks at key positions.

All streaks come to an end, but look for Alabama to make it 11 in a row over Tennessee.

jbcarol

Tennessee football quarterback competition: 'If it takes two, it takes two'

QuoteCoach Butch Jones is speeding things up and offensive coordinator Larry Scott is demanding results...

"If it takes two, it takes two," Tennessee football QB coach Mike Canales said. "They understand we're going to do what's best for the team, and if that means playing two, we'll play two."

Junior Quinten Dormady, 6-foot-4, and 222 pounds, appears to be the more polished and durable of the group, while redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano brings great athleticism and natural leadership traits under center.

Canales points out that freshman Will McBride also needs to be prepared to play, as the 2016 season proved, Jones' "competitive depth" term is a very real thing.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell 8m8 minutes ago

NFL scout: Tennessee football upperclassmen 'pretty damn soft'

QuoteIt's one thing that Tennessee didn't get any players on offense or defense voted first-team All-SEC, but  it's more alarming an NFL talent evaluator pointed out the Vols lack more than talent.

An NFL scout told SEC Country this year's Tennessee draft class not only lacks star power, but more notably, toughness.

There are plenty examples of players on the team who had high star ratings in recruiting but have yet to produce any results, even as they enter their junior and senior seasons.

The scout indicated senior offensive linemen Jashon Robertson, Brett Kendrick and Coleman Thomas are borderline draft picks at this stage.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏ @wesrucker247 7h7 hours ago

Just published a HUGE #Vols football media day photo gallery. Tons of stuff in here: http://bit.ly/2wVWo74

jbcarol

The manager standing in front of #Vols Fr OL Trey Smith is a normal-sized human being.

Carter Billingsley‏ @CarterBills32

Carter Billingsley Retweeted GoVols247

I'm not a manager, I'm a hydration specialist🙄

jbcarol

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏ @wesrucker247 3m3 minutes ago

Crowd reaction for #Vols' new third-down "anthem" is ... not so good.

jbcarol

jbcarol

John Hayes‏ @JohnHayes730

On @finebaum: Erik Ainge just blamed Butch Jones' problems with the media on millennials
12:43 PM - 29 Sep 2017

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC 17h17 hours ago

Kyle Tucker Retweeted John Hayes

Butch's problem with the media is that some of us have eyeballs.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson‏Verified account @Ben_Fred

Tennessee is so bad Gary Danielson accidentally called it Missouri.