Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm going to enjoy so much

Started by EastexHawg, January 16, 2016, 06:52:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

seeing that mugging, showboating cheat and thief Cam Newton and Carolina have their seadon ended tomorrow.  They benefitted from playing in a terrible division, but now it's playoff time and the clock is about to strike midnight.

Dropkick

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 16, 2016, 06:52:29 pm
seeing that mugging, showboating cheat and thief Cam Newton and Carolina have their seadon ended tomorrow.  They benefitted from playing in a terrible division, but now it's playoff time and the clock is about to strike midnight.
I hope so.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Pulled(PP)pork

EastexHawg

Well, I was obviously wrong and disappointed about that one.  The way the Seahawks came out, shot themselves in the foot, and got into such an early hole reminded me of the Cowboys against the 49ers in the 1994 NFC Championship Game.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 17, 2016, 04:45:22 pm
Well, I was obviously wrong and disappointed about that one.  The way the Seahawks came out, shot themselves in the foot, and got into such an early hole reminded me of the Cowboys against the 49ers in the 1994 NFC Championship Game.
those were the days....

PP

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Torqued pork

Brady vs. Manning will take some attention away from Cam or anything other than a presidential assassination or impact from a large asteroid.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 18, 2016, 09:15:42 am
Brady vs. Manning will take some attention away from Cam or anything other than a presidential assassination or impact from a large asteroid.

Yep might be the last time the two face each other. 

Dr. Starcs

Jackrabbit Hog

Still preaching that he's just a mediocre QB?  Give it up Eastex.  I hate the guy with a passion too, but even I can see that he's an unbelievable talent. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

clutch

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 18, 2016, 09:15:42 am

Which is a shame, because I think the game to watch is Arizona/Carolina. Should be a great one.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 18, 2016, 06:05:41 pm
Still preaching that he's just a mediocre QB?  Give it up Eastex.  I hate the guy with a passion too, but even I can see that he's an unbelievable talent. 

I believe what I said is that he is a cheating thief and that I root against him no matter who his team is playing.  He's a documented thief...that fact cannot be argued.  He cheated in that he sold his services to the highest bidder in violation of NCAA and SEC rules.  The fact that he and Auburn agreed to cheat put him on Arkansas' schedule in 2010, and the loss to Auburn is likely all that kept the Hogs from playing in the BCS Championship Game that year.  Do you think that Arkansas team would have had a decent shot at beating Oregon in the title game?

How can any Razorback fan not detest him (I know you said you do) and want to puke every time he sees him mugging for the cameras?  I certainly do.  He's still scum, he's just highly paid scum now so he doesn't need to take money in brown paper bags or steal another student's property to get what he wants.

But since you raised his incredible ability to play QB...he threw for 161 yards against the Seahawks and ran 11 times for a whopping 3 yards in that game.  He was 16th in the league in pass yards this year, by far his best as a pro.  What's his career passer rating?  I guarantee it's mediocre by NFL standards.  He had a lot of short runs for TDs...yes.  He's the Tim Tebow of this year's NFL in that regard, except that he didn't break any records in the process.

He won this week.  All that means to me is that I'll be hoping he loses next week...and the next time he plays, and the time after that, and the time after that.

HiggiePiggy

It doesn't bother me because it's the NCAA that is corrupted.  Cam Newton did somethings dumb in his college days.   As far as pros go he has been very respectful to everyone and always has a smile on his face.  Does a ton for his community. 

Pretty much you condem any young man for life because of things they did in their past correct?   

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 19, 2016, 01:37:48 pm
I believe what I said is that he is a cheating thief and that I root against him no matter who his team is playing.  He's a documented thief...that fact cannot be argued.  He cheated in that he sold his services to the highest bidder in violation of NCAA and SEC rules.  The fact that he and Auburn agreed to cheat put him on Arkansas' schedule in 2010, and the loss to Auburn is likely all that kept the Hogs from playing in the BCS Championship Game that year.  Do you think that Arkansas team would have had a decent shot at beating Oregon in the title game?

How can any Razorback fan not detest him (I know you said you do) and want to puke every time he sees him mugging for the cameras?  I certainly do.  He's still scum, he's just highly paid scum now so he doesn't need to take money in brown paper bags or steal another student's property to get what he wants.

But since you raised his incredible ability to play QB...he threw for 161 yards against the Seahawks and ran 11 times for a whopping 3 yards in that game.  He was 16th in the league in pass yards this year, by far his best as a pro.  What's his career passer rating?  I guarantee it's mediocre by NFL standards.  He had a lot of short runs for TDs...yes.  He's the Tim Tebow of this year's NFL in that regard, except that he didn't break any records in the process.

He won this week.  All that means to me is that I'll be hoping he loses next week...and the next time he plays, and the time after that, and the time after that.

I don't disagree with anything you said about Newton the person.  Yes, I do despise him for so many reasons, including all the things he did in college, his ridiculous celebrations in the NFL every time he gets a first down, and perhaps above all his personality which I find disingenuous.  He's about as unlikeable as a human being can get.

But divorcing my thoughts about Newton the person from Newton the NFL quarterback, I think he's proving that he's one of the best.  He is going to win the MVP award and there's a very good chance his team is going to play in the Super Bowl with a 17-1 record going in. 

Stats don't tell a whole story.  I've had that argument with ErieHog in Jump Ball more times than I care to think about.  He says Todd Day is the greatest Hog basketball player ever and there's not even a credible argument to be made to the contrary.  I say it's Sidney Moncrief because of all the intangibles he brought to the court (along with his insane ability).  We still argue about that.  Stats are just a part of the overall picture of a player's worth to his team.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dr. Starcs

I don't always agree with Easttex, but this time I do.

Screw scam, his cheating dad and that piece of crap university he played for.

clutch

I can't really consider someone a cheater for accepting money to play. To me, the cheater there is the university and coach that paid him. I consider cheating to be something that increases your chances to win or your ability to play the game. Getting paid didn't make Newton a better college player, it made Auburn a better team though. There's a difference between breaking the rules and cheating.

Sneaky and dirty? Yes. Cheater? No.

PorkRinds

I have actually become a fan of Cam since he left Auburn.  I've been a Panthers fan for years, and he's brought us out of suckage.   Haters gonna hate, I suppose. Talk about his stats all you want, but 16-1 tells the story...

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 20, 2016, 03:12:27 pm
I have actually become a fan of Cam since he left Auburn.  I've been a Panthers fan for years, and he's brought us out of suckage.   Haters gonna hate, I suppose. Talk about his stats all you want, but 16-1 tells the story...

Jake Delhomme took Carolina to the Super Bowl so according to your method of rating QBs Cam still isn't as accomplished a QB as he was.

The camera whore will need to actually win the Super Bowl to be in the same class as Brad Johnson, Jim Plunkett, and Trent Dilfer.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 20, 2016, 07:48:13 pm
Jake Delhomme took Carolina to the Super Bowl so according to your method of rating QBs Cam still isn't as accomplished a QB as he was.

The camera whore will need to actually win the Super Bowl to be in the same class as Brad Johnson, Jim Plunkett, and Trent Dilfer.

Don't you be bad-mouthing Jim Plunkett!  Heisman winner, won 2 Super Bowls. 

>:( >:( >:(

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 21, 2016, 07:49:30 am
Don't you be bad-mouthing Jim Plunkett!  Heisman winner, won 2 Super Bowls. 

>:( >:( >:(

158th rated passer in NFL history, behind such legends as Tony Banks, Bubby Brister, and Joey Harrington.  Never selected to even a single Pro Bowl team.  During his two glorious Super Bowl seasons he threw a combined 38 TD passes and 34 interceptions.  Perhaps playing with Hall of Famers Gene Upshaw, Art Shell, Ted Hendricks, Howie Long, Dave Casper, Marcus Allen, and Mike Haynes may have helped with winning those two Super Bowls.

He was outstanding at Stanford.  I'll give him that.

HiggiePiggy

Man. 38 TDs in two seasons.  I believe cam already has thrown 35 this year and also ran another 10 for a total of 45 TDs. 

Over 3800 yards passing and another 600 yards rushing. 

HiggiePiggy

In 5 seasons he has passed for over 18000 yards and has rushed for another 3000 yards.  That's not too bad. To go with that he has passed for 117 TDs and has rushed for another 43.

5 seasons and he has a total of 160 TDs. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 20, 2016, 07:48:13 pm

Fresno State!!!!

PP

EastexHawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 21, 2016, 02:44:57 pm
Man. 38 TDs in two seasons.  I believe cam already has thrown 35 this year and also ran another 10 for a total of 45 TDs. 

Over 3800 yards passing and another 600 yards rushing. 

To be fair, the game has changed a lot since the 70s and early 80s.  Plunkett led the nation in passing yards as a senior with something like 2,900 yards.  What hasn't changed is that throwing more interceptions than TD passes is and always has been a bad thing.  Plunkett threw something like 164 TD passes and 198 interceptions as a pro.  He was a mediocre NFL QB who got traded to a loaded Raiders team needing only a bus driver.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 21, 2016, 03:20:24 pm
To be fair, the game has changed a lot since the 70s and early 80s.  Plunkett led the nation in passing yards as a senior with something like 2,900 yards.  What hasn't changed is that throwing more interceptions than TD passes is and always has been a bad thing.  Plunkett threw something like 164 TD passes and 198 interceptions as a pro.  He was a mediocre NFL QB who got traded to a loaded Raiders team needing only a bus driver.
If memory serves, one of those Raider teams began the year with Marc Wilson (BYU) at QB and they were floundering until Wilson got hurt.  Plunkett came in, played the rest of the season and led them to the Super Bowl and a win there.

What I remember most about Plunkett as a pro is that he was anything but pretty, but he got the job done when he needed to.  Gritty guy.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 21, 2016, 03:28:42 pm
If memory serves, one of those Raider teams began the year with Marc Wilson (BYU) at QB and they were floundering until Wilson got hurt.  Plunkett came in, played the rest of the season and led them to the Super Bowl and a win there.

What I remember most about Plunkett as a pro is that he was anything but pretty, but he got the job done when he needed to.  Gritty guy.

Okay, I'll stipulate that he was a better pro QB than Marc Wilson...so he's got that going for him.

RazorChuck

Best thing is, the Cheatriats and the Stealers are not in the Superb Owl.

EastexHawg

What the heck is Carson Palmer thinking?  He's not just throwing the ball up for grabs, but doing it into coverage so thick he couldn't hit his receivers with a 30.06.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Torqued pork

Peyton vs. Cam will be the establishment vs. the new age. Who wins?

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRinds

January 24, 2016, 08:56:08 pm #32 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:57:20 am by PorkRinds
I'm a Panthers fan. But I wouldn't be mad if Manning got to go out with a Super Bowl win. It'd be a great story.

Buff

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 24, 2016, 08:48:05 pm
Cam will win.

The Panthers will win.  That team is stacked.  Switch QBs tonight and the Panthers still win.  I hope that smug bastard breaks both legs on the walk to his car tonight.

Torqued pork

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 24, 2016, 08:48:05 pm
Cam will win.
I'm thinking the same, but will be a big Broncos fan for one day.

hoglady

I'm not counting out that Bronco defense.
If they play the way they did today - no telling what can happen.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

clutch

335 passing 47 rushing and 4 total TDs. Not bad.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

riccoar

I don't get the hate for Newton either.  If he is this cheat, then why did Auburn never get nailed or put on probation?  Serious question.  I just don't see if something was that blatant why nothing was done.

DeltaBoy

Cam took the Cards to school . 49-15
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

I don't understand the hate for Newton, either.
He has been nothing but professional since entering the NFL, he's worked hard and gotten better every year, he hasn't been in any trouble that I know of, he handles himself in a respectful manner in his interviews. Isn't that what you want to see from every NFL player?
I don't know what happened at Auburn and at this point it doesn't matter.
If something did happen, blame Auburn and Newton's Dad.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 24, 2016, 08:29:11 pm
What the heck is Carson Palmer thinking?  He's not just throwing the ball up for grabs, but doing it into coverage so thick he couldn't hit his receivers with a 30.06.

I was pulling for the Cardinals and Palmer to have a big day.
I don't hate Cam like you do but I just like Arizona.
But man, Palmer had the kind of day that will haunt him the rest of career.

PorkRinds

Quote from: riccoar on January 25, 2016, 08:02:30 am
I don't get the hate for Newton either.  If he is this cheat, then why did Auburn never get nailed or put on probation?  Serious question.  I just don't see if something was that blatant why nothing was done.

Because his daddy took the fall, and claimed Cam didn't know about it.  Auburn never was proven to have paid for him, but he was being shopped to the highest bidder and Auburn ended up with him, so you make the connection. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 25, 2016, 11:58:47 am
Because his daddy took the fall, and claimed Cam didn't know about it.  Auburn never was proven to have paid for him, but he was being shopped to the highest bidder and Auburn ended up with him, so you make the connection. 

Yep.  Mississippi State went on record saying Cam was offered to them for $180,000.  So, Cam and his dad were selling his services to any school that would pay the price, but he supposedly decided to sign with Auburn for free?  Makes perfect sense to me.

Torqued pork

Weren't some stolen laptops connected with Cam while he was at Florida?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 25, 2016, 01:52:33 pm
Weren't some stolen laptops connected with Cam while he was at Florida?

He stole another student's laptop and painted it to disguise it.  When the cops came to his room to question him he asked them to give him a second and while they were waiting he threw it out the window.  If I'm not mistaken he was also brought before the Student Senate for academic cheating.  He left Florida or was kicked out, depending on which version you want to believe.

Then, after a year at a Texas juco (Navarro, I believe), he and his dad sold his services to Auburn.

He's a class act all the way.

EastexHawg

It was Blinn, not Navarro.  Other than that the rest of it is correct.  He was charged with three cases of cheating, including taking another student's paper and turning it in as his own.

bennyl08

I don't let HS biases influence my decision on which hogs I like or dislike. Otherwise I'd end up disliking a large number of our current hogs because I dislike their HS's. Similarly, I don't let collegiate biases influence my like or dislike of NFL players, except for hogs because I'm always biased in favor of them. Cam the person did some bad things when he was younger, but Cam the football player is entertaining to watch and Cam the person as a professional has shown to not only have dropped the bad parts of his character, but added good parts.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hoglady on January 25, 2016, 09:33:53 am
I don't understand the hate for Newton, either.
He has been nothing but professional since entering the NFL, he's worked hard and gotten better every year, he hasn't been in any trouble that I know of, he handles himself in a respectful manner in his interviews. Isn't that what you want to see from every NFL player?
I don't know what happened at Auburn and at this point it doesn't matter.
If something did happen, blame Auburn and Newton's Dad.

I just can't stand the over the top celebrations. It makes it hard to watch NFL football for me just because everybody seems to need to show their butt after every play. I hate it. Cam just took it to a new level. I cant root for people who do that crap. Even razorbacks.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 26, 2016, 05:36:00 am
I just can't stand the over the top celebrations. It makes it hard to watch NFL football for me just because everybody seems to need to show their butt after every play. I hate it. Cam just took it to a new level. I cant root for people who do that crap. Even razorbacks.

Not sure I can remember ever seeing a Razorback in the NFL celebrate anywhere near the level that Newton does.  He's today's version of Mark Gastineau.