Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knile playing a lot today

Started by Hogfly, January 16, 2016, 05:25:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfly

Knile is getting a TON of carries in the Chiefs/Pats game today, and he's running very well.

Hogfly

And as soon as I post that, he fumbles.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Hogfly on January 16, 2016, 05:26:12 pm
And as soon as I post that, he fumbles.

It happens in the NFL.  Not his fault KC is losing.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Hogfly

Quote from: Wayne Watson on January 16, 2016, 06:32:19 pm
It happens in the NFL.  Not his fault KC is losing.

He was basically benched for fumbling and has a reputation for it. He finally regained the staff's trust, and he fumbles at a really inopportune time. He certainly didn't lose the game for them, but that was a HUGE swing in NE's way.

I doubt he'll be on KC's roster next year.

Boarcephus

He didn't help his cause by the lazy way he fielded the next kickoff and fumbled it.  Aside from that, that was the sorriest example of clock management I've seen in years on KC's part on the last drive.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 16, 2016, 06:57:07 pm
It happens, incessantly, to Knile Davis.   :-[

Odd.  You say he fumbles incessantly, the announcers said it was his first fumble of the year. 

Buff

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 16, 2016, 09:38:20 pm
Odd.  You say he fumbles incessantly, the announcers said it was his first fumble of the year. 

Good grief, don't feed the troll.

EastexHawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 16, 2016, 10:27:26 pm
On very few carries after he was benched...

Over his career in KC?  He's dropped the ball at a ridiculous rate per touch.

Going into today Knile had 4 fumbles on 228 career attempts.  That's one in every 57 carries.  Darren McFadden has fumbled 20 times in 1,277 attempts.  That's one every 63. 

Does he fumble at a ridiculous rate, too?

Dr. Starcs

Playoffs on the line for Dallas this year??

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 16, 2016, 09:38:20 pm

That's because he's been in the Reid's dog house. There's a reason Knile was third string behind C. West, and when both Charles and West were injured, they pulled Spencer Ware off the practice squad and put him in front of Knile.

I love Knile, and happy the Chiefs picked him up, but his fumble-itis is well documented, and the quickest way out of the league. He's hanging on by a thread, which is his naturally athletic ability.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

You come to Arkansas, you learn how to fumble.  It's apparently a prerequisite for anybody applying for the running backs coach position. 

I mean, seriously, seems like every time I turn on the TV to watch an NLF game there are a few things that are virtually assured:  clock mismanagement by a coach; awful calls by the officials; celebrations after routine plays; and a fumble by a former UA running back.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 18, 2016, 06:03:42 pm
You come to Arkansas, you learn how to fumble.  It's apparently a prerequisite for anybody applying for the running backs coach position. 

I mean, seriously, seems like every time I turn on the TV to watch an NLF game there are a few things that are virtually assured:  clock mismanagement by a coach; awful calls by the officials; celebrations after routine plays; and a fumble by a former UA running back.

I know what you mean, but we never lost a single fumble during the 2002 season despite running all the read option with Matt Jones, Fred Talley, Cedric Cobbs, and Mark Pierce.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 18, 2016, 06:21:03 pm
I know what you mean, but we never lost a single fumble during the 2002 season despite running all the read option with Matt Jones, Fred Talley, Cedric Cobbs, and Mark Pierce.

Go figure.  Too bad Jones didn't stick to the "no fumble" script against Texas in Fayetteville.  We gave that game away with his fumble the year after we cleaned their clock in Austin.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 18, 2016, 06:21:03 pm

Bring back the Nutt boys!

*sarcasm*