Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip Kelly and Philadelphia part ways

Started by BearsBisonsBoars, December 29, 2015, 06:22:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BearsBisonsBoars

Check out @Eagles's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/681991223423426560?s=09

I assume he'll end up back in the college game. Who do you think picks him up?
Does Georgia regret going with Kirby early? Has Strong's seat just gotten hotter? Gus's?

Mods, please move if this ain't the right place for this. Thanks.

Oliver

Some college program just won the lottery

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Oliver on December 29, 2015, 06:23:53 pm

This. I'm really glad that the SEC jobs filled quickly. I was actually worried this would happen last year and he'd end up at LSU... Hope he gets a job on the left or right coast real soon.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I heard the Titans are interested.

woodrow hog call

It will be interesting to watch and see where he ends up. I bet you are right about some AD's kicking themselves for acting too soon.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

BOAR_N2BWILD

Let the fight for Chip Kelly begin. I absolutely believe that many coaches' seats just got hotter. Dang I hope he doesn't land in the SEC West anytime soon.
I bet South Carolina and Georgia are kicking themselves in the arse.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Pathological

How long before Texas fires Charlie Strong to make room for Chip Kelly?

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Pathological on December 29, 2015, 06:31:46 pm
Auburn lock.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Cave City Joe

If he goes to SEC I believe it will be Tam, similar styles.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Poker_hog

Quote from: Pathological on December 29, 2015, 06:31:46 pm

I hope not. I'd hate to see Texas be a top 5 program again.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HOGINTENNESSEE

Does this make Jeff Stoutland an option for our Oline coach? Coached with Enos for a year at MSU

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 29, 2015, 06:41:54 pm
Does this make Jeff Stoutland an option for our Oline coach? Coached with Enos for a year at MSU

I would say Yes. 👍🏻

MuskogeeHogFan

I wouldn't be shocked to see him take a year off, do the sports talk show circuit, ESPN game day, etc. and just wait...some heads at big college programs will roll after next season and most likely of those unless there is a huge turnaround, will be at Texas. But that's JMO.
Go Hogs Go!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 29, 2015, 06:49:11 pm
I wouldn't be shocked to see him take a year off, do the sports talk show circuit, ESPN game day, etc. and just wait...some heads at big college programs will roll after next season and most likely of those unless there is a huge turnaround, will be at Texas. But that's JMO.
I wouldn't be surprised that some big money donors in Texas are already mulling the thought that they should go after Chip tonight.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

husker71

Why rush into another job   next December and January (2016) the world of college football coaching jobs will be his personal buffet.

husker71

Oliver

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 29, 2015, 06:49:11 pm

If I were Texas money, Strong would be packing his bags tonight if Kelly had any interest in the Texas job

Murr

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 29, 2015, 06:52:06 pm
I wouldn't be surprised that some big money donors in Texas are already mulling the thought that they should go after Chip tonight.

lol I'd love to see the A&M donors beat the UT donors to the punch.  Beating Saban and Kelly's arse two years from now will be so so sweet.

Boardon Hamsay

Wow. Will be interesting to see of he gets another NFL gig or comes back to college. I'd lean towards the latter and hope he doesn't come within sniffing distance of the SEC. Wonder what the LSU AD is thinking today? ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Oklahawg

Of all the hotseats to worry about Kevin Sumlin's backside has to be the warmest. Certainly, that plops Kelly in the middle of the west and prime UA recruiting territory.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 29, 2015, 06:29:24 pm
I heard the Titans are interested.

They've been protective of Mariota so I don't think they want to risk him becoming RGIII.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 29, 2015, 06:30:59 pm
Let the fight for Chip Kelly begin. I absolutely believe that many coaches' seats just got hotter. Dang I hope he doesn't land in the SEC West anytime soon.
I bet South Carolina and Georgia are kicking themselves in the arse.

Definitely a lot of "toe in the water" calls being made behind the scenes from multiple perspectives.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 29, 2015, 07:33:08 pm
They've been protective of Mariota so I don't think they want to risk him becoming RGIII.

His connection to Mariota is the reason they are interested.

Tejano Jawg

First thing I thought...Auburn. LOL.

Second thing I thought...our OL coach.

Chip wanted to be in the NFL. Surely he thinks he's being screwed (??), and wants to stay there. His first couple years in Philly were okay. Much better than the typical (good) college coach who jumps up to the League. Man, there are several NFL teams who are looking. He'll get a phone call or two.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 29, 2015, 07:34:03 pm
His connection to Mariota is the reason they are interested.

No sheet, Sherlock.  I'm just saying they've got a potential 10-12 year QB that would be put at greater risk in Kelly's offense.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 29, 2015, 07:37:07 pm
No sheet, Sherlock.  I'm just saying they've got a potential 10-12 year QB that would be put at greater risk in Kelly's offense.

Have Eagles qbs been sacked at a higher rate under Kelly?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Oliver

Quote from: Murr on December 29, 2015, 07:18:16 pm
lol I'd love to see the A&M donors beat the UT donors to the punch.  Beating Saban and Kelly's arse two years from now will be so so sweet.

Don't want Kelly anywhere near the SEC.  Especially the SEC West

Styflin

It's being said that Chip does not want to return to college football.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Fatty McGee on December 29, 2015, 07:43:41 pm
Have Eagles qbs been sacked at a higher rate under Kelly?

Sam Bradford doesn't have the physical tools to run the offense Kelly likes.  Mariota does and what worked at Oregon would likely get him killed in the NFL.  Again, see RGIII.

Dominicanhog

Less loses to TT tonight and they make crank the circus back up in corndog village... I think his buyout drops by 7 or 8 million after Jan. 2nd.....

same could be said with Sumlin if he loses...

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 29, 2015, 07:49:03 pm
Sam Bradford doesn't have the physical tools to run the offense Kelly likes.  Mariota does and what worked at Oregon would likely get him killed in the NFL.  Again, see RGIII.

Never ever figured out why Kelly traded for Bradford.  That just seemed like a marriage made in he11 from the very beginning. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 29, 2015, 07:37:07 pm

What? Dude I'm bringing an actual fact to the board. This isn't my opinion the Titans are interested. Got it from a Nashville Radio Sports guy.

I don't get give a crap about your opinion of Chips offense and if it will get Mariota hurt.

Styflin

Chip Kelly tells @JayGlazer that he wants to remain in the NFL, rather than return to college. bit.ly/14IQx2Y

@joeschad
When Chip Kelly left college football I heard he was tired of dealing w NCAA issues and some aspects of recruiting and parents, etc.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 29, 2015, 07:32:57 pm
Of all the hotseats to worry about Kevin Sumlin's backside has to be the warmest. Certainly, that plops Kelly in the middle of the west and prime UA recruiting territory.

If I am Chip Kelly, after the dust settles from this thing, I start thinking about where I would like to land.

1. Who is going to write me a big check and let me run my own program?
2. Who has money to spend similar to that which I had at Oregon?
3. Which team in which conference will be willing to embrace all-out offense more and defense less?
4. Who is hungry to get back to winning?

All of that points to Texas, IMO. He doesn't want to get into the recruiting wars, competition level and defenses found in the SEC and if I were him, I wouldn't either. Not when you can roll into the Big 12 and have a similar set up as he had in the Pac 12 at Oregon EXCEPT, he won't have to face as much talent as many of the Pac 12 teams had, so it winds up being an even easier road back to winning.
Go Hogs Go!

HogFoo

I imagine Les miles seat is gonna be so hot next season(with chip kelly available) that  if Les farts we'll see the flames from Fayetteville!   Kelly style with the athletes he could get at LSU would be deadly.  He turned a nothing oregon into a power, i just cant imagine what he could do with a talent rich program/state.   I also imagine that texas boosters mouths are foaming so bad youd think they swallowed some mentos and drank a gallon of coke!  Same with aTm.  All 3 of those coaches better have a 10win+ season or they are out, and i wouldnt be surprised if powers at those schools sent feelers to keely already telling him hes hired after next season if he will just wait until the season is over next year.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 29, 2015, 07:52:28 pm
Never ever figured out why Kelly traded for Bradford.  That just seemed like a marriage made in he11 from the very beginning. 

Me either. He made a few head scratching player moves and reportedly lost the Eagles locker room. He didn't have the GM title but he picked the players and it didn't work out too well. He'll have some NFL options for sure. The Niners, Giants, Browns, and Chargers come to mind as possible coaching change candidate teams. I guess you can never count out the Cowboys with Jerry either, even if he owes Garrett $24M. Don't know if another NFL team will give him GM-esque control though.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 29, 2015, 07:54:54 pm
What? Dude I'm bringing an actual fact to the board. This isn't my opinion the Titans are interested. Got it from a Nashville Radio Sports guy.

I don't get give a crap about your opinion of Chips offense and if it will get Mariota hurt.

I live in Nashville and hear the same talk shows you do.  Those same guys say one of the big reasons Whiz was fired was because they couldn't protect Mariota. If that's true, I don't see ownership being too excited to expose him any more than necessary.   

wachhog

Yep. Too bad it wasn't us. Too bad we didn't hire a Texas high school coach named Briles, for that matter.

BPsTheMan

passinghog

Would be surprised if he isn't the next Tennessee Titans head coach

BPsTheMan

Quote from: wachhog on December 29, 2015, 08:05:46 pm
Yep. Too bad it wasn't us. Too bad we didn't hire a Texas high school coach named Briles, for that matter.

he was an assistant in college for three years before he became a head coach

onebadrubi

The guys saying he'd been te need next HC, think about this.  IF! Tenner wanted him, do you think philly was smart enough to call tennesse and ask?  They could have traded chip for some draft picks or something, instead philly prolly has to buy out his contract and got nothing in return.  Now you have to assume if this happened tennessee would trade instead of allowing Chip Kelly to hit the open market. Also have to consider maybe they knew they could get him cheaper than the philly contract if he was canned

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 29, 2015, 08:05:16 pm
I live in Nashville and hear the same talk shows you do.  Those same guys say one of the big reasons Whiz was fired was because they couldn't protect Mariota. If that's true, I don't see ownership being too excited to expose him any more than necessary.   

I'm in a fantasy league with one of the Talk Show host. He told me the Titans are interest. He got it from the Titans side. Now he didn't say the will hire him but they are interested.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 29, 2015, 08:18:02 pm
Leap Year is coming.

just someone with the Eagles playing Mister Tough Guy

the world is so damn fake

Boardon Hamsay

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 29, 2015, 07:52:21 pm
Less loses to TT tonight and they make crank the circus back up in corndog village... I think his buyout drops by 7 or 8 million after Jan. 2nd.....

same could be said with Sumlin if he loses...
I could see this especially with Sumlin because of all of the QB fiascoes recently. Sumlin is already in deep poop
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

BPsTheMan

I wish he would pick one college town with a coach on the hot seat, and buy a house there just to troll the local media

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on December 29, 2015, 08:30:36 pm
I wish he would pick one college town with a coach on the hot seat, and buy a house there just to troll the local media

This. He should also stroll around a few campuses...just to, you know, burn some of his free time before he lands his next gig.