Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proof that Jerry Jones has gone senile.

Started by DeltaBoy, December 01, 2015, 11:48:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

it is the most important position though    hard to win in NFL without a top Qb   IT can happen but not very often   what really screws up a team is taking a QB really high in the draft and them not working out OR thnking they have found a good one and then they flame out like Kapernik   In a related subject what round of draft pick would you give to take a chance on either Griffin or Kapernick??   I would go 5th on Kapernick but much lower on Griffin

RebelliousHog

Further proof of his senility is courting Johnny Footfail.  JM can't hold Romo's jock as a NFL QB. And I'm not that impressed with Romo. JM being closer to Mommy and Daddy won't be an advantage.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

riccoar

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 12, 2015, 10:07:54 am
I missed this earlier - while I agree about the comparison of Davis at the end of his career to Jones' entire career, take a moment to recall just how influential and innovative Al Davis was as coach and owner of the Raiders for the majority of his career.  Jerry Jones on his best day never achieved anything in football on his own, rather Jones' money did that (and his one solid decision of hiring Jimmy Johnson).  Davis took what he learned from Sid Gillman about the passing attack, extended and and applied it to the Raiders philosophy as coach, GM, and owner. 
I'm meaning Al in his last few years.  Jerry is just like that.  Jerry, in his mind, thinks he could coach the Cowboys.  He's doing terrible as a GM and it's hurting Dallas.

DeltaBoy

Jerry is killing the Cowboys yet they keep making millions and fill the stands.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 15, 2015, 01:53:20 pm
And even if there was not a single soul in the stands, the TV contract alone would cover his operating costs and then some. 

Yep sad to say Cowboy fans are in for a long haul.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.