Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett

Started by island hog, October 25, 2015, 04:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

island hog

SIAP but don't be surprised if Mallett is gone sooner, rather than later.  Missed the Texan team charter and had to fly commercial to Miami for the game.  Said he was caught in traffic...if it weren't for the fact that the third stringer is out for the year, he'd be gone today.  Sucks so much because I have really been pulling for him.  He may never get over the NFL hump...

Harley_Hawg

Quote from: island hog on October 25, 2015, 04:39:09 pm
SIAP but don't be surprised if Mallett is gone sooner, rather than later.  Missed the Texan team charter and had to fly commercial to Miami for the game.  Said he was caught in traffic...if it weren't for the fact that the third stringer is out for the year, he'd be gone today.  Sucks so much because I have really been pulling for him.  He may never get over the NFL hump... being a prima donna.

Boarcephus

I'm a Mallett fan as much as the next guy but you can't act the way he's acting and expect the players to have any respect for you.  I really felt for the guy when he started a couple games ago and got knocked out of the game and Hoyer came in and Mallett hasn't seen the field since.  It was killing him to come out and not be able to get back it and it showed.  He's been chasing a dream since he was drafted and thought he'd caught it Houston but apparently it's turned into a nightmare. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Arazorbackguy1

And people wonder why Bielema was mad at Collins for missing team breakfast. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Spikes

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 25, 2015, 05:06:39 pm
In all things with an ongoing pattern, eventually an adult realizes the common denominator is in the mirror.  Even Jeff George, eventually, figured that out.

The next NFL successful Bobby Petrino produced QB will be the first one.  I'm not sure whose pattern of failure we're replicating here (Mallett or Petrino) but it appears intact.

I was wrong about Mallett in one description and will cop to it: he did turn out superior to Dan McGwire. Ryan beat me on calling that one...

Good Ole Zeke is back... And once again with a post about a fromer Player and a Fromer coach.  Zeke did your family pay the internet bill so you could post trash again... Pls crawl back into your family basement👍🏻👍🏻
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Mallett didn't do his image right or his team's by missing this.

However, his coach is a dirty POS with the way he's playing this QB situation out.

Definitely not right in the game when Mallett was doing well, got a ding or something and came out for just a play but never got back into the game.

I almost never find myself the proponent for a player over a coach but in this situation, I'm getting really close.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

LA Football fan

Mallett is gone  at the first opportunity and it could be Monday.  When you are fighting to win a starting position, the last thing you do is give the head coach a reason to hold you back or release you.  He may have legitimately gotten held up in traffic but that goes back to poor planning on not making sure you had time to get there no matter what.  I can promise you that other players have missed flights but you never heard of it.  This news getting out there this quick was done so on purpose to deflect from the poor performance in the Miami game and try to keep the heat from the head coach.  Obrien is hoping the story is about Mallett and not about his failure as an NFL head coach.

lahawg1

I was on the way home from the camp today and listening on the radio and if I were RM I would be glad I wasn't in that game. Miami had something like 4 sacs in the first quarter alone.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LA Football fan on October 25, 2015, 05:28:58 pm
Mallett is gone  at the first opportunity and it could be Monday.  When you are fighting to win a starting position, the last thing you do is give the head coach a reason to hold you back or release you.  He may have legitimately gotten held up in traffic but that goes back to poor planning on not making sure you had time to get there no matter what.  I can promise you that other players have missed flights but you never heard of it.  This news getting out there this quick was done so on purpose to deflect from the poor performance in the Miami game and try to keep the heat from the head coach.  Obrien is hoping the story is about Mallett and not about his failure as an NFL head coach.

^^^^^  This.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on October 25, 2015, 05:21:20 pm

However, his coach is a dirty POS with the way he's playing this QB situation out.

Definitely not right in the game when Mallett was doing well, got a ding or something and came out for just a play but never got back into the game.

I almost never find myself the proponent for a player over a coach but in this situation, I'm getting really close.
Mallett is not named the starter and he "oversleeps" and misses practice the next day. Remember him telling the GM it will never happen again?

Then he misses a team flight.

He is not someone that can be trusted to be the franchise QB.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hoglady

Mallett's still getting paid to do a job.
Sure the head coach probably hasn't treated Mallett fair - but be a man, suck it up, do your job the best you can and get the heck out of that cluster at first opportunity.
He is damaging any opportunity he might have with another team.
You can be mad, you can be frustrated but good lord, don't be stupid.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Karma on October 25, 2015, 05:35:15 pm
Mallett is not named the starter and he "oversleeps" and misses practice the next day. Remember him telling the GM it will never happen again?

Then he misses a team flight.

He is not someone that can be trusted to be the franchise QB.

I would argue that his coach can't be trusted to do what he claims ("He's my starter this next week.") and to not play the media to keep the heat off of his backside.

BTW, since you're trying to angle your post on what Mallett didn't do which was miss the flight.....You'll see that I already addressed that.

And I do think that he's trustworthy.  I also think that he's not handling this "Three Stooges" handling of the QB situation very maturely.

I THINK that he's become demotivated and disillusioned about what his coach's intention is.  And obviously his intention is to play Hoyer unless Mallett comes out like a 5th year Peyton Manning.
His response to me:

hoglady

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on October 25, 2015, 05:40:35 pm
I would argue that his coach can't be trusted to do what he claims ("He's my starter this next week.") and to not play the media to keep the heat off of his backside.

BTW, since you're trying to angle your post on what Mallett didn't do which was miss the flight.....You'll see that I already addressed that.

And I do think that he's trustworthy.  I also think that he's not handling this "Three Stooges" handling of the QB situation very maturely.

I THINK that he's become demotivated and disillusioned about what his coach's intention is.  And obviously his intention is to play Hoyer unless Mallett comes out like a 5th year Peyton Manning.

I agree with you that O'Brien hasn't been fair to Mallett.
But man, Mallett's got to be smarter than what's happened this weekend.
Ryan is only hurting himself and making O'Brien look better than he is.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

seasonhog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on October 25, 2015, 05:21:20 pm

O'B, need to be gone and most likely will.....Ryan was lied to from the start....O'B is in love with Hoyer from the start...how did he look today.

Ryan is not handing things the right way, but after O'B pull Ryan after he was 7 for 10 and moving the team tell one a lot.

Mallett strength is more of a wide open offence like Dallas, not the 5 yards pass plays that Houston run trying to copy N.E.......Houston is not in the same house with N.E.

O'B need to be a Asst. coach in N.E. and

Houston need to trade Mallett to Dallas for Cassel.......

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hoglady on October 25, 2015, 05:46:02 pm
I agree with you that O'Brien hasn't been fair to Mallett.

This is the pros.  Fair ain't got nothing to do with it.  Really doesn't have anything to do with it after high school.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: seasonhog on October 25, 2015, 05:46:49 pm
O'B, need to be gone and most likely will.....Ryan was lied to from the start....O'B is in love with Hoyer from the start...how did he look today.

Ryan is not handing things the right way, but after O'B pull Ryan after he was 7 for 10 and moving the team tell one a lot.

You act as if that was the only game he'd played.

BigoBoys

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on October 25, 2015, 05:40:35 pm

No matter how you spin it oversleeping and missing a team plane is not on the coach. 

seasonhog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 25, 2015, 05:49:19 pm
You act as if that was the only game he'd played.

Then why was he pulled?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: seasonhog on October 25, 2015, 05:50:49 pm

Then why was he pulled?

Who knows.  I'm simply pointing out that it's not as if he was setting the world on fire in prior opportunities. 

We are all just guessing with all this stuff.  Even if you watched every episode of Hard Knocks and read the Houston Chronicle daily, you (or I) don't know.

root_hawg

He had the worse QB rating in the league at one point a couple of weeks ago

seasonhog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 25, 2015, 05:52:36 pm
Who knows.  I'm simply pointing out that it's not as if he was setting the world on fire in prior opportunities. 

We are all just guessing with all this stuff.  Even if you watched every episode of Hard Knocks and read the Houston Chronicle daily, you (or I) don't know.

If one has watch all of Houston games as I have, the receivers are the reason his stat. are what they are.

Houston only has one receiver ......that can catch a ball.....Houston has bigger problems then QB.

Smokehouse

The story was trending on social media before the game even started, so if O'Brien leaked it to deflect attention from a blowout loss then he did it under the assumption that they would lose.

I really wanted Mallett to have a good NFL career, but there's a pattern of behavior here. Rumors during the pre-draft interview process, "over sleeping" after Hoyer was named the starter, accidentally going into the locker room early after he got pulled, now this. And Hog fans keep making excuses or conspiracy theories each time.

Even if he's suffered a series of just random, unfortunate events, he's not doing what he can to avoid it. If someone else gets named the starter, make sure you show up at practice an hour early the next day. Give yourself several contingency plans to get to the airport. Even if you get pulled in a crappy situation, look involved on the sidelines. Honestly, none of that is all that hard, and it's the kind of little stuff you do if you're fighting for a starting spot.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

ThrillaHog

Quote from: hoglady on October 25, 2015, 05:39:53 pm
Mallett's still getting paid to do a job.
Sure the head coach probably hasn't treated Mallett fair - but be a man, suck it up, do your job the best you can and get the heck out of that cluster at first opportunity.
He is damaging any opportunity he might have with another team.
You can be mad, you can be frustrated but good lord, don't be stupid.

This. Took the words out of my mouth..

hoghearted

I will agree he hasn't handled his tenure in Houston well of late, but he was a solid citizen while in NE, so he is capable of demonstrating responsible behavior. Perhaps he realizes nothing he will do will make a difference regarding O'Brien, and it's poisoning his attitude. Not a good long term strategy as far as his career, though, to not display professionalism.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Smokehouse

Quote from: seasonhog on October 25, 2015, 06:00:50 pm
If one has watch all of Houston games as I have, the receivers are the reason his stat. are what they are.

Houston only has one receiver ......that can catch a ball.....Houston has bigger problems then QB.

He also struggled to hold onto the backup job in NE based on his practices, and got several preseason starts in NE with the express purpose of showcasing him for a potential trade - and looked terrible in gameplans designed to make him look trade-able.

Ryan's may not have had a great opportunity in the NFL, but he's had a better shot than a lot of QBs out there. He hasn't taken advantage when he's had the chance.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

seasonhog

Quote from: hoghearted on October 25, 2015, 06:06:57 pm
I will agree he hasn't handled his tenure in Houston well of late, but he was a solid citizen while in NE, so he is capable of demonstrating responsible behavior. Perhaps he realizes nothing he will do will make a difference regarding O'Brien, and it's poisoning his attitude. Not a good long term strategy as far as his career, though, to not display professionalism.

You are right....

one article today compared Mallett to Ryan Leaf....who may be in prison, a cheap shot.....

hoghearted

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 25, 2015, 06:07:08 pm
He also struggled to hold onto the backup job in NE based on his practices, and got several preseason starts in NE with the express purpose of showcasing him for a potential trade - and looked terrible in gameplans designed to make him look trade-able.

Ryan's may not have had a great opportunity in the NFL, but he's had a better shot than a lot of QBs out there. He hasn't taken advantage when he's had the chance.
It's no secret in Houston that OB's QB 'competition' was a farce. Mallett would have had to be Asron Rodgers to win that spot. Pretty sure he felt he was lied to when he signed, and then was undercut by the coach.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hoghearted on October 25, 2015, 06:10:18 pm
It's no secret in Houston that OB's QB 'competition' was a farce. Mallett would have had to be Asron Rodgers to win that spot. Pretty sure he felt he was lied to when he signed, and then was undercut by the coach.

Wasn't he given the opportunity to start and prove himself, and then blew it?  Did the Panthers game not happen?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 25, 2015, 06:01:48 pm
The story was trending on social media before the game even started, so if O'Brien leaked it to deflect attention from a blowout loss then he did it under the assumption that they would lose.

I really wanted Mallett to have a good NFL career, but there's a pattern of behavior here. Rumors during the pre-draft interview process, "over sleeping" after Hoyer was named the starter, accidentally going into the locker room early after he got pulled, now this. And Hog fans keep making excuses or conspiracy theories each time.

Even if he's suffered a series of just random, unfortunate events, he's not doing what he can to avoid it. If someone else gets named the starter, make sure you show up at practice an hour early the next day. Give yourself several contingency plans to get to the airport. Even if you get pulled in a crappy situation, look involved on the sidelines. Honestly, none of that is all that hard, and it's the kind of little stuff you do if you're fighting for a starting spot.

I hear Mallett gone on Monday.  HC, then, should be gone on Tuesday...

husker71

Wasn't it O"Brien that brought Mallett to Houston based on his time with him in NE???   I think Hoyer was also connected to O'Brien but Mallett was given every chance I think to win this job.  Cant change someone who doesnt want to change.  I have given up on him but that is just me.

root_hawg

Which Qb would you start?

A) 83-131  1074 yrds  8 td  2 int
B) 78-147    770 yrds 3 tds 4 int

Smokehouse

No secret to who? Hog fans seem to be the only people holding onto that narrative. And he got to actually start a game. How many guys out there would love a shot to start a game in the NFL and show they can do something? He may have had a rough go of it in Houston, but once he got in there he should have showed good accuracy and squeezed some good passes into Hopkins to show people he can cut it in the NFL. He didn't.

hoggusamoungus

Vince Young did and that's certainly not someone you want to be grouped with.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/young-misses-flight-starts-vs-eagles

seasonhog

I think the GM or the owner wanting Mallett at QB, after last season, why do you think Ryan gave up money from the Jets if he was not told that the QB job was his.........  O'B set Mallett to fail......

board

I expect he is making enough to afford an alarm clock. On him.....

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Was watching PBS just a few minutes ago.

This just in.  There's a new way to spell agenda:  O'Brien.
His response to me:

rude1

Mallett has proven the HC right in why he favored Hoyer. When Mallett didn't get the job, he "over sleeps" and misses practice. When Mallett got the job Hoyer continued to work and be a team player, waiting on his next opportunity. . Hoyer gets his next opportunity when Mallett gets hurt and does well, Mallett beats everyone into the locker room at the half of the game where he gets hurt and is not playing. Now he misses team flight. Stop the excuses for this guy, he is all about himself and not a team player at all, at this rate he is not only making his way out of Houston but possibly a NFL career all together.

redeye

People can debate Mallett's potential as a NFL QB all day, but regardless of where you'd rank him, he does have some high potential.  Unfortunately, no one seems to make use of it.  He may not have been the best choice for NE or Houston, but I still think he could have been a great QB for the right team.  It's sad that someone will miss out on that potential, because I still think he could have been great.

Jackrabbit Hog

Peter King on FNinA just said that the 3rd stringer being injured is the only thing that will now keep Mallett on the Texans' roster.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

root_hawg

A is Hoyer
B is Mallett

same personnel who u going to start?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: root_hawg on October 25, 2015, 06:29:13 pm

A is Hoyer
B is Mallett

same personnel who u going to start?

That's a small sample size.   Game plan?  Competition?  Injuries?

You got an agenda maybe?
His response to me:

seasonhog

Quote from: rude1 on October 25, 2015, 06:26:43 pm
Mallett has proven the HC right in why he favored Hoyer. When Mallett didn't get the job, he "over sleeps" and misses practice. When Mallett got the job Hoyer continued to work and be a team player, waiting on his next opportunity. . Hoyer gets his next opportunity when Mallett gets hurt and does well, Mallett beats everyone into the locker room at the half of the game where he gets hurt and is not playing. Now he misses team flight. Stop the excuses for this guy, he is all about himself and not a team player at all, at this rate he is not only making his way out of Houston but possibly a NFL career all together.

Did you see Hoyer play today, Hoyer has been on how many teams & what happen....

Mallett should have been the started all season to prove his self , Hoyer has had many years to prove his self,,,,,,how has that work out,

rude1

Quote from: seasonhog on October 25, 2015, 06:32:57 pm

Did you see Hoyer play today, Hoyer has been on how many teams & what happen....

Mallett should have been the started all season to prove his self , Hoyer has had many years to prove his self,,,,,,how has that work out,
MAYBE it's not Mallett's talent that doesn't endear himself to coaches???? His actions when he doesn't have the starters job says it all.

Iwastherein1969

the coach may lose his job before Mallett...if the general manager has one clue about how an NFL team should be run he would see his coach is an inept head coach and should be no higher on the totem pole than an assistant....when grooming two young QB's you don't give the job to one guy and then yank him and put the other in after one quarter....there is MORE THAN ENOUGH tape on Hoyer to know exactly what you have in that guy and its winning on of every 3 games, at best...Bill O' Brien is not on solid ground himself...Has Mallett ever missed a team flight before ?  answer, No...so its more than a Mallett problem
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

(notOM)Rebel123

Stop bashing former players.... ;)

(Just kidding)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Country Stylz

Boss man says Son you're gonna get fired....

pigture perfect

I can not excuse Mallett for this behavior. No coach or GM wants an undisciplined QB. I don't care how talented he is.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on October 25, 2015, 06:35:01 pm
MAYBE it's not Mallett's talent that doesn't endear himself to coaches???? His actions when he doesn't have the starters job says it all.
I agree...it is his immaturity. That is why he will be out of a job soon.

ErieHog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 25, 2015, 06:36:45 pm
the coach may lose his job before Mallett...if the general manager has one clue about how an NFL team should be run he would see his coach is an inept head coach and should be no higher on the totem pole than an assistant....when grooming two young QB's you don't give the job to one guy and then yank him and put the other in after one quarter....there is MORE THAN ENOUGH tape on Hoyer to know exactly what you have in that guy and its winning on of every 3 games, at best...Bill O' Brien is not on solid ground himself...Has Mallett ever missed a team flight before ?  answer, No...so its more than a Mallett problem

Not really.   Pete King was just on Football Night in America, and said that team sources suggest that the only thing that keeps Mallett on the roster right now, is that the 3rd quarterback is on Injurd Reserve;  if they had any other experienced option already signed, Mallett would likely be done with the Texans.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."