Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dissing a different coach - Texans

Started by Hogsolo, October 09, 2015, 01:31:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: Showtimehog on October 09, 2015, 09:34:17 pm
Why they haven't fired their GM is beyond me. They have drafted horrible over the last 2-3 years. One of the least talented 2-3 rosters in the league by far. They've been blaming the QB since Matt Schaub, but they've never surrounded their QBs with enough talent: beginning with David Carr and it continues to this day....
Ain't it funny how the QB gets ALL the blame? That's just the way it goes in football....especially the NFL.

Let's forget the fact that the Texans defense looked like a wet paper sack. Let's forget the fact that their O-line looks like a Jr high team trying to block...especially run block. Let's forget that their special teams coverage was beyond pitiful. Never mind the fact he seemingly had played a fairly flawless game up until getting popped, then benched.  I could go on and on but what's the point.

And to those saying Ryan was pouting on the sidelines....I didn't see it. Sure he was irritated about losing the starting position. But all the guy was doing was standing there watching...the camera panned on him constantly. What did you want him to do in between plays...be smiling and laughing?

I'll say one thing I agree with...it was dumb of him to come out of the game. He's gotta tough that out. He never has liked getting hit. I would say no qb likes getting hit...but Ryan Mallett dislikes it especially.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogarusa

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 10, 2015, 01:45:29 am
Watched the game. Did not get all the Hoyer love.

He only led one legit TD drive, the other was a hail mary. Without it, you have 13 points, 250 yards passing and a completely inexcusable decision at a critical point in the game.

Yep, most backups can come off the bench in the 2nd quarter and have a 300 yard game while averaging 10 ypa. Pretty regular occurance in the NFL.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

spahoopsfan

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 09, 2015, 08:31:44 pm
True. I don't think O'Brien has done a good job (NFL teams looking for a HC really need to stay out of the Bill Belichick coaching tree at this point) at all nor did Mallett have an ideal situation. But Hog fans play it off like he'd be a superstar if the NFL would just give him a chance. He's had many opportunities to impress someone and hasn't so far.
Many opportunities? sure you start 4 games and that is plenty of opportunities. Hoyer has had plenty of opportunities, not Mallett.