Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 coach option is....

Started by PEtrader, November 06, 2017, 03:13:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 03:45:41 pm
I don't think the SEC Commissioner has that much authority.

That would have been real easy to look up so you wouldn't have to think.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 06, 2017, 04:43:33 pm
If lucifer himself told you he wanted to clean up his reputation and even winked while saying it you'd believe him.

PEtrader isn't Lucifer and that's a silly thing to say.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ā 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 04:11:58 pm
What makes you think Jeff Long has anything to say about it??

What makes you think he doesn't...............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 04:46:28 pm
PEtrader isn't Lucifer and that's a silly thing to say.

When you post as silly as you do so much Guv then you should expect silly reply's.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: dc10x5555 on November 06, 2017, 04:23:22 pm
bring Gus home

You mean he doesn't have a home to live on in Auburn Alabama? I guess he lives in a homeless shelter.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 06, 2017, 04:45:29 pm
That would have been real easy to look up so you wouldn't have to think.

Just because the rule says the AD has to consult with the Commissioner doesn't mean the Commissioner has the power to veto a hire.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 06, 2017, 03:42:27 pm
Not that this matters since this isn't a real possibility any way, but I'm pretty sure Kelly can't coach in the SEC with out the express approval of the Commissioner since he has had a show cause.  The commissioner has the authority to nix his hiring at his discretion.   

One area where we have an advantage over every other school in the conference. We have an AD that is well known for doing the right thing, if he tells the commish that he is going to keep CK in line and be personally responsible for him, he has the clout to get away with it.

If, and it's a big if, but if Chip is ready to get back on the sideline and restore his image and get his swagger back, UofA under the watchful eye of JL is the perfect place for him.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PEtrader on November 06, 2017, 04:17:40 pm
Lol,  and you idiots wonder why no one brings real info on here anymore.  Take it or leave it,  but it's real as far as #1 on the board.

I think a horse's #2 is more real.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 06, 2017, 04:46:41 pm
What makes you think he doesn't...............

The fact that his last football hire was a flaming disaster and my belief that the PTB aren't going to take the chance that he'll screw up another hire.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: TexHog188 on November 06, 2017, 04:41:19 pm
Just hire Art Briles. Establish a campus curfew for all females, and then recruit thug players. We'll be winning in no time.
While you're at it be sure to issue each one of those coeds an lock and tamper proof chastity belt with razor lined innards.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 04:52:30 pm
They fact that his last football hire was a flaming disaster and my belief that the PTB aren't going to take the chance that he'll screw up another hire.

That's all anyone needed to read...................

Chip Kelly has a big name and he produced at Oregon.  Bret Bielema was a big name and he produced at Wisconsin.  I sincerely hope that whomever ends up being the next HC for us has been checked and cross checked.  Who did Kelly beat, what kind of offense and defense does he prefer, who and where would he try to recruit.  Why would he even consider Arkansas with several better openings coming up?  We could have Kelly on the wish list and many others.  Who we will get will likely surprise us all.  And I agree that management above Jeff Long should and likely will be involved on the next hire.  Mr. Long simply did not check Mr. Bielema out very well, didn't understand the program at all when he hired the Power Run coach who couldn't keep assistants, took the great hires word about why he couldn't keep assistants and BOOKED A SOLID LOSER AND THATS NOW BEEN PROVEN.

My personal vet coach if we go that route would be Gus.  There are 2 or 3 up and comers I would be happy with and don't know which one would be best.  We are a difficult place to be a HC.  We must have an energetic, refuse to be denied, fire in the belly coach whose best attribute would be a leader with mental toughness and who can teach, train and demand mental toughness.

I remember when the Bielema boys laughed at me about the fire in the belly, refuse to be denied statements.  Ain't funny now though, is it?

ricepig

Quote from: PEtrader on November 06, 2017, 04:44:05 pm
I am not going to say,  but it was multiple people who are doing the hiring in the conversation.

What school was this?

Ā 

jkstock04

Quote from: PEtrader on November 06, 2017, 04:44:05 pm
I am not going to say,  but it was multiple people who are doing the hiring in the conversation.
If this were true, which I don't believe it is (no offense)...this would mean Jeff Long has zero to do with it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 06, 2017, 05:16:37 pm
If this were true, which I don't believe it is (no offense)...this would mean Jeff Long has zero to do with it.
Maybe he doesn't.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 06, 2017, 05:16:37 pm

When the situation calls for it, the manager is told by their boss, "this is who we are hiring, if you are not ok with it, your replacement will be" then the manager gets the option of being a good employee and doing as they are told, or making a career move.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

HogPharmer

Quote from: LZH on November 06, 2017, 04:05:28 pm
I know we basically 'lost' the game Saturday for all intents and purposes for all intensive purposes, but for the score. But can you imagine how little fun we would be having throwing stuff like this around if we had actually not scored that last TD?

Geez... you people get dummer and dummer round here everyday
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

TX HOG

Just in case it's legit. For kicks and giggles. Pros
1. He won a lot at Oregon
2. Nike money hasn't been able to do much since he left
3. He's a diff style offense

jgphillips3

Well.  Let's be honest.  If you put up a "recruiting" board for coaches that are or could be available, wouldn't Kelly be a 5 Star on pretty much everyone's board?  I can absolutely believe powerful people in the hiring process would make him the #1 Target.  Wouldn't we have to question them if they had a 3 Star above a 5 Star?  Now, that doesn't mean we will get him or even have a high percentage chance to get him, but swing for the dang fences and see what happens.  What can it hurt?

Paul

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 04:16:23 pm
Big Tex, baby!
Nice!  What was his name?  And who was the TE who went to FL St?  Lonnie something

Paul

November 06, 2017, 06:00:32 pm #70 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:58:46 pm by Paul
Quote from: HogPharmer on November 06, 2017, 05:27:16 pm
Wuuuut!!!!  Please tell me you were joking

B Ray

Quote from: Paul on November 06, 2017, 05:57:36 pm
Nice!  What was his name?  And who was the TE who went to FL St?  Lonnie something
Lonnie Davis ?

Paul

Quote from: B Ray on November 06, 2017, 07:59:02 pm
Lonnie Davis ?
yes Thanks! Been racking my brain for that name!  What was Big Tex's name?

B Ray

Quote from: Paul on November 06, 2017, 08:10:17 pm
yes Thanks! Been racking my brain for that name!  What was Big Tex's name?
Beachum ?

Ā 

ChicoHog

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 06, 2017, 03:27:19 pm
Not sure if Chip can do it without Willie Lyles and Phil Knight feeding him recruits.
I've been saying that all along.  It was mentioned on ESPNU radio last week talking about the Florida job.  Kelly doesn't like to recruit, doesn't like the pomp and circumstance of college football, doesn't like the rubber chicken banquet circuit, doesn't like doing anything but coaching offense really.  His coaches aren't fond of working for him and his players didn't like him or respect in Philly.  He is one of those mad scientist guys who is better at being left alone and drawing up plays.  Not a people person at all. 

King Kong

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 06, 2017, 08:59:24 pm
I've been saying that all along.  It was mentioned on ESPNU radio last week talking about the Florida job.  Kelly doesn't like to recruit, doesn't like the pomp and circumstance of college football, doesn't like the rubber chicken banquet circuit, doesn't like doing anything but coaching offense really.  His coaches aren't fond of working for him and his players didn't like him or respect in Philly.  He is one of those mad scientist guys who is better at being left alone and drawing up plays.  Not a people person at all.

Dude freaking wins however. Also has a "name" which helps recruiting and had success in TX.

Petrino and Chip are actually very similar as far as coaching (demeanor not style)

root_hawg

CK will go west more his style.

No change in head coach but changes on staff

ChicoHog

Quote from: King Kong on November 06, 2017, 09:00:56 pm
Dude freaking wins however. Also has a "name" which helps recruiting and had success in TX.

Petrino and Chip are actually very similar as far as coaching (demeanor not style)
He won at Oregon with the perfect storm of Nike, USC sanctions, UW being down,Marcus Mariotta and trendy uniforms.  And his style was effective but now teams have copied it and defenses know know to defend it. 

The Hogfather

November 06, 2017, 09:25:08 pm #78 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:44:01 pm by The Hogfather
Coaching his son here has to be a big draw!

King Kong

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 06, 2017, 09:16:43 pm
He won at Oregon with the perfect storm of Nike, USC sanctions, UW being down,Marcus Mariotta and trendy uniforms.  And his style was effective but now teams have copied it and defenses know know to defend it.

Takes more than a prefect storm to go 33-3 in conference

pigatron

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: King Kong on November 06, 2017, 09:27:51 pm
Takes more than a prefect storm to go 33-3 in conference

Maybe so but it sure as heck helped. Maybe a lot.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Roctavious on November 06, 2017, 03:27:53 pm
Yeah I'm sure a coach with NCAA sanctions and show cause, that had never built a program, has no ties to anywhere but the left and right side of the country, and admittedly hates to recruit, is the #1 option . . .

thank you

this OP is an even worse poster than that bignasty guy

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 07, 2017, 05:52:00 pm
Maybe so but it sure as heck helped. Maybe a lot.

It didn't help that much. Oregon was great

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 04:40:48 pm
What's stupid is the way some are treating the poster who brought some information to the board.

You need to grasp that 99.9999% of any "info" brought to this bored is utter crap.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 07, 2017, 06:21:35 pm
It didn't help that much. Oregon was great

And maybe that perfect storm helped make them great back then.

thebignasty

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 07, 2017, 06:18:13 pm
thank you

this OP is an even worse poster than that bignasty guy

haven't heard anything about Chip Kelley.  Will defer to the source guys.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

HoginIllinois

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 06, 2017, 04:38:27 pm
These threads are so stupid.

Hey now. I have a cousin who has a friend that works for AT&T and he looked at Kelley's wife's search history. He said she was looking at houses in Fayetteville on Zillow.com:D

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on November 07, 2017, 06:29:04 pm

You need to grasp that 99.9999% of any "info" brought to this bored is utter crap.

It's still stupid to treat a poster who brings information to the board like that.

1highhog

Quote from: PEtrader on November 06, 2017, 03:13:01 pm
Chip Kelly,  And its from the horses mouth.

Not sure of anything else

LOL, no its not.

wildturkey8

hawg66

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 06, 2017, 05:27:16 pm
Hopefully this was an attempt at a joke.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 06, 2017, 04:25:23 pm
I'd be stunned if we reeled in Chip. 

Why..? I mean, CBP and CBB were both surprisingly big names. I do not expect Long to eff this up, but I've been wrong about that dude before...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The Hawg Marshal

OP never said Chip would be hired. He only said he was at the top of the list of some people who have a say in the matter. I believe he heard this. I also believe that the names could and probably will change as things play out. Don't beg for information and then ridicule a guy when he brings some. I don't believe Chip will end up being the coach, but I do believe OP heard it, from someone in the know. 

Scott7703

Quote from: root_hawg on November 06, 2017, 09:05:53 pm
CK will go west more his style.

No change in head coach but changes on staff

Your boy is toast.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net