Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Athens: Vanderbilt 17, Georgia 16

Started by jbcarol, October 15, 2016, 09:26:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AdamSparks/status/787425680330002432

QuoteIn his 31st game on the job, Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason got the big win he'd waited almost three seasons for in the road upset of Georgia, the program's first victory in Athens since 2006. It was Mason's third SEC win in 20 contests. He is now 10-21 overall and 3-17 in SEC play. More importantly, Vanderbilt finally finished off a close SEC game after suffering three tight losses this season. "This is the biggest win I've had in my career," Mason said. "I'm the head coach. I'm not an assistant coach. This is a win that I think can help move this program forward."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JasonHButt/status/787426927825027072

Quote"To be honest guys, they should not have gotten 100 yards against our defense," Smart said. "We have a better defense than their offense and we didn't do it. That play was a big swinger.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tophawg19

that Georgia o-line is loaded with talent as is the team overall but got outplayed by Vandy. Georgia has 3 great running backs , an all world talent at QB and no one to block for them. Pittman isn't doing a good job with great talent and Chaney is awful . They are one of the 10 best teams in the nation based on recruiting
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 16, 2016, 08:18:19 am
Ouch miss Mark yet???

I doubt they do.  Mark is doing what he did at Georgia.  He lost back to back home games to North Carolina and Florida State.  I bet Georgia fans are wishing they could get rid of the guy that hired smart instead of hiring a proven coach. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jbcarol

Marc Weiszer ‏@marcweiszer 6h6 hours ago

Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham is Walter Camp national defensive player of the week. He had 19 tackles and crucial fourth-down stop vs. UGA.

jbcarol

Marc Weiszer ‏@marcweiszer 42m42 minutes ago

'Where to go from here?' Bulldogs head into bye week looking to redirect season https://goo.gl/niZQ75

QuoteAs humiliating as losing at home to Vanderbilt Saturday was for Georgia, living with it for the next two weeks before the Bulldogs' next game won't be tons of fun either.

Georgia (4-3, 2-3 SEC) sits in fourth place in the SEC East after its 17-16 loss to the Commodores, a team that entered 2-19 under Derek Mason in SEC games in his three seasons. The Bulldogs are looking up in the division at Florida (3-1 SEC), Tennessee (2-2) and, yes, Kentucky (2-2).

The Bulldogs and No. 15 Gators play at 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 29 in Jacksonville.

Suddenly becoming bowl eligible this season doesn't look like a slam dunk.

The only sure thing win would seem to be Louisiana-Lafayette, which just lost 24-0 to Appalachian State.

On the road at Kentucky? The Wildcats beat Vanderbilt 20-13 on Oct. 8.

If Georgia can lose at home to the Commodores, how much confidence is there that Georgia Tech won't win in Athens, let alone Auburn?

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.