Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow some have us listed as a 7 seed now

Started by checkraiser88, February 18, 2018, 11:18:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

If we win 3/4 we could easily be a 6 or even 5

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

FineAsSwine

I could see us winning out. If the improbable happens and get to the SEC Tournament Championship game, we get a 3 seed easily and Hogsanity and Atlhogfan will be on suicide watch.  ;)
Hogs up! Covid down!

LivingLegends

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on February 18, 2018, 11:24:13 am
If we win out, we are a 3 easy.
If we win out I'll go streaking through the quad to the gymnasium.

The Hogfather

Quote from: LivingLegends on February 18, 2018, 11:33:55 am

Frank the Tank!  Frank the Tank!

FineAsSwine

Just hope for a dark and stormy night.
Hogs up! Covid down!

RaisinHog

And I'll be right with you .. lord it would be awesome though

Buff

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 18, 2018, 11:35:03 am
Just hope for a dark and stormy night.

I can't streak in stormy weather.  #lightningrod

rljjr

mykidsdad

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 18, 2018, 11:33:40 am
I could see us winning out. If the improbable happens and get to the SEC Tournament Championship game, we get a 3 seed easily and Hogsanity and Atlhogfan will be on suicide watch.  ;)

you mean refsanity?

thebignasty

Its crazy that pretty much anything from a 5 seed to on the bubble feel legitimately in play this late in the season.

alohawg

I think 22-11 is very possible and puts the hogs in as 8-9 seed. That's 2-2 of the remaining schedule and 1-1 In the sec tourney.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

thebignasty

Quote from: alohawg on February 18, 2018, 02:25:36 pm
I think 22-11 is very possible and puts the hogs in as 8-9 seed. That's 2-2 of the remaining schedule and 1-1 In the sec tourney.

My guess is we will wind up an 8 in the bracket with the overall #1 seed

cosmodrum

Win out? 3 seed? Jeez calm down. Just enjoy a good win and quit setting yourselves up for disappointment.

We'll be whatever seed it takes us to get a 2nd round match up against argyle in Charlotte.
Go away, batin'

alohawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 18, 2018, 02:28:04 pm
Win out? 3 seed? Jeez calm down. Just enjoy a good win and quit setting yourselves up for disappointment.

We'll be whatever seed it takes us to get a 2nd round match up against argyle in Charlotte.

lol, no doubt. Maybe the 3rd time in a year is the charm?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

KlubhouseKonnected

#bringyourgreenhat
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

GoHogs1091

We will need to win some games in the SEC Tournament to keep from getting a 8 or 9 seed.

An 8 or 9 seed probably will mean a 2nd round exit in the NCAAT, provided winning the 1st round game.  8 seed 9 seed games are usually pretty evenly matched-up teams, so the 1st round game as an 8 seed or 9 seed is no guaranteed win.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 18, 2018, 11:33:40 am

;D.... ;)

Dominicanhog

That's all I ever saw or ask for.. mas oh menos..

jjdlc

This is a year I could see us possibly winning the SEC tourney,  no team is really dominant this year.

oldman1015

Quote from: jjdlc on February 18, 2018, 06:48:11 pm
This is a year I could see us possibly winning the SEC tourney,  no team is really dominant this year.
Tourney is on the road.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Tony Perkis

If we win out we will be SEC & National Champions.

twistitup

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 19, 2018, 06:18:26 am
If we win out we will be SEC & National Champions.

We win out

"...win one for the Gafford"
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebignasty on February 18, 2018, 02:26:41 pm
My guess is we will wind up an 8 in the bracket with the overall #1 seed
whattttttt
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorback1829

Quote from: oldman1015 on February 19, 2018, 06:15:12 am
Tourney is on the road.

Neutral site... which is NOT a road game. You probably would know that if you really had a clue what you taking about.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 18, 2018, 11:18:13 am
If we win 3/4 we could easily be a 6 or even 5

Yep,  just keep winning.  I hope we do get seeded that high.  Would mean a much better game in the 2nd round and maybe a win.  I would love to get into the sweet 16 again and use that to jump start a big time signing in the spring for a Big man.

HognotinMemphis

If we win out, and we could, including the SECT, we will likely be a 3 seed. That is very possible.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on February 18, 2018, 11:24:13 am
If we win out, we are a 3 easy.

Does that winning out include the SEC tourney or no?

razorback1829

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 19, 2018, 08:48:55 am
Does that winning out include the SEC tourney or no?

SEC tournament really doesn't matter as much. Seeding is done before the tournaments are over normally, save for a team who runs the table who wasn't going to make it initially.

Lud42

Palm has us 8 matching up with Va Tech in first and Kansas in second.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken

AirWarren

19-8 fire mike!!!! We need to land a homerun who can win here!!!!!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 19, 2018, 09:02:19 am
SEC tournament really doesn't matter as much. Seeding is done before the tournaments are over normally, save for a team who runs the table who wasn't going to make it initially.

People always say this every year, but I kind of doubt that it is true.
Especially with all the stories recently about increased reliance on metrics in seeding.

EastexHawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 19, 2018, 08:40:31 am
If we win out, and we could, including the SECT, we will likely be a 3 seed. That is very possible.

It's also possible we lose the next four, although this is not anywhere close to a typical Kentucky team so the odds of beating them at home are higher than usual.

hawgfan4life

There is zero chance that is accurate since posters on here were adamant we would have to win out two games ago to have a chance at a seed that high.

AFWarrior83

I think we will win our remaining home games and end up an 8 seed. If we win out, I could see us as a 6 seed, maybe a 5.
Hogville member since 2005.

SemperHawg

We definitely need to win more games... I think we are in at 20 wins, but with so many other SEC teams getting in, someone is going to get shafted with a lower than deserved seed just to make the matchups work out.  No need to even leave ourselves in that position.

LivingLegends

Id like to jump on the winning out train but I can't imagine a scenario where we go into Bama and beat Colin Sexton and Donte Hall.  The Auburn game at home will be brutal too.  I think the most likely scenario to play out it win at home over UK and win over Mizzou on the Road.  Wins over either AU or Bama would be cherries on top.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: LivingLegends on February 19, 2018, 11:57:24 am
Id like to jump on the winning out train but I can't imagine a scenario where we go into Bama and beat Colin Sexton and Donte Hall.  The Auburn game at home will be brutal too.  I think the most likely scenario to play out it win at home over UK and win over Mizzou on the Road.  Wins over either AU or Bama would be cherries on top.

It would be stupid to jump on the winning out train. That would be as good of a 4 game stretch as any team in the country has had......all year!!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

LivingLegends

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 19, 2018, 11:59:11 am
It would be stupid to jump on the winning out train. That would be as good of a 4 game stretch as any team in the country has had......all year!!!

With how much the defense has improved and the ball movement in half court sets have improved  I completely understand the optimism.  I'm not saying we can't win out.  I'm just saying it's unlikely.

niels_boar

We've moved up to a #8-seed in Bracket Matrix with quite a few individual brackets putting as high as a #6-seed.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

We're also back in the top-30 (#29) in the Massey Computer Composite Poll.

I don't think it is going to happen, but, if we win out the regular season, our RPI would be around #16, and I would expect us to move in to the top 20 in the composite computer poll, probably top 25 in almost every computer poll.  I don't see us being worse than tied for second in the SEC in that case.  That would make us 12-3 in our last 15 games, too.  We would probably be on the edge of the four/five line heading into the SECT with that resume in this year's SEC.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: LivingLegends on February 19, 2018, 12:08:13 pm
With how much the defense has improved and the ball movement in half court sets I completely understand the optimism.  I'm not saying we can't win out.  I'm just saying it's unlikely.

Yep. Hogville has 2 groups, one lives in a euphoric state because they have played the schedule out and we are going to win every game. The other group is manic depressive and has played all the games out and we are going to lose every game. Group one makes their prediction after we win a couple, group two makes their prediction after we lose a couple.

Any of these games would be very a very solid win, 2-2 would be a good finish. 3-1 a great finish.......I won't even think about 4-0.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

SemperHawg

Quote from: LivingLegends on February 19, 2018, 11:57:24 am

I don't know how much Aubbie has left in the tank... I would flip that one with a road win at Mizzou.  I have a sneaking suspicion Michael Porter Jr will be making his comeback that game.

orvillesghost

I figure we will beat KY and Missouri and lose to Alabama and Auburn, win one game in the tournament and more than likely be a 9 seed in the tournament.

Dominicanhog

Perfect scenario would be L to Misery and win the sect.. 5 seed... maybe ranked,,,

Btw, they are another rising team .. and our game could mean something...

jjdlc

Quote from: oldman1015 on February 19, 2018, 06:15:12 am
Tourney is on the road.

Neutral site, which we have played pretty well in those games this year.