Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lou Holtz

Started by SquidBilly, November 22, 2017, 09:36:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

For those of you concerned about Scanlon's inexperience hiring coaches I submit he saw first hand what makes a successful coach.  Playing for Lou was tough but he had success everywhere he coached.  I suspect they still stay in touch to this day, and if Scanlon becomes AD he'll use his  relationship with Holtz to help shape his decisions on the coaching side.  And we all know he already has the financial side covered.

If I were a media member I'd already have reached out to Lou for an interview to discuss Scanlon.

Großer Kriegschwein

If they want someone with Arkansas ties, what makes you think they'll outsource football advice to the slobberin Irishman?
This is my non-signature signature.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:37:51 pm
If they want someone with Arkansas ties, what makes you think they'll outsource football advice to the slobberin Irishman?

We all have people we know and respect and look to when we need advice on certain things.  I'm not implying they outsource anything rather answering the critics of Scanlon's who say he should not be hired because of his lack of experience in hiring good coaches.  Having played for Holtz he knows what it takes to be successful.  Can't think of a better mentor for a person to have in football.

BOAR_N2BWILD

I just hope he doesn't think that SKIP HOLTZ is the answer.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

onebadrubi

Scanlon is not the next AD

BigDeal

I would suggest getting off the scanlon high horsem. It will never happen nor should it.

RagingHawgOn

Grunt

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 22, 2017, 09:36:27 pm
For those of you concerned about Scanlon's inexperience hiring coaches I submit he saw first hand what makes a successful coach.  Playing for Lou was tough but he had success everywhere he coached.  I suspect they still stay in touch to this day, and if Scanlon becomes AD he'll use his  relationship with Holtz to help shape his decisions on the coaching side.  And we all know he already has the financial side covered.

If I were a media member I'd already have reached out to Lou for an interview to discuss Scanlon.
Excellent notion.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

jvanhorn

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 22, 2017, 10:32:16 pm
I just hope he doesn't think that SKIP HOLTZ is the answer.

whats with all the hate for Skip Holtz?  I have never heard the guy say anthing except that great memories of growing up in Fayetteville..  He might not be your choice for head coach but you make him seem like the devil's spawn.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 23, 2017, 01:51:35 am
whats with all the hate for Skip Holtz?  I have never heard the guy say anthing except that great memories of growing up in Fayetteville..  He might not be your choice for head coach but you make him seem like the devil's spawn.
I like Skip. I think he is a decent coach. I just do not want him as our coach. I think that he would be much like CBB. In over his head. I would say that stating that he is not the answer is a far cry from calling him the devil's spawn or as I call that Hillary Clinton.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."