Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

34 year old Mayor's POV

Started by Sigepgator702, September 20, 2017, 09:10:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:48:49 pm
We all cheer for Vandy when we aren't playing them!  I have remembered why I do not like to post on here!  Too many know it alls for my taste!  I apologize if I wasn't up to par for so many.  I just love my Hogs and wanted to express my opinion.  I should've known that in our society, it would be riddled with some sort of hate.

Dude. For real. It was fine. Everyone catches hell here. Everyone.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:17:22 pm
I'm typing on my phone, give me a break!

Some of these guys on this board are "keyboard bullies".  They wouldn't talk to people on the street like this otherwise they be taking beatin's, but sitting in a duct-taped up lazy boy in the trailer behind a keyboard, they get pretty brave.  People are irritated with where the team is right now, and emotions are high. 

Many of us agree with your points (despite the lack of paragraph marks) and apparently, just as the Trump win - some people are staunch supporters of Bielema and Long.  So they sit their there with their mixing bowl full of ice and their Busch beer and tee off on guys that write posts that are critical of "their boy Brett".
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Ragnar Hogbrok

It's all in good fun, your holiness.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Boardon Hamsay

Don't take much I say too seriously. I'm all floating, flaming, fulminating, spectral head from the neck up.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 20, 2017, 09:57:25 pm
Some of these guys on this board are "keyboard bullies".  They wouldn't talk to people on the street like this otherwise they be taking beatin's, but sitting in a duct-taped up lazy boy in the trailer behind a keyboard, they get pretty brave.  People are irritated with where the team is right now, and emotions are high. 

Many of us agree with your points (despite the lack of paragraph marks) and apparently, just as the Trump win - some people are staunch supporters of Bielema and Long.  So they sit their there with their mixing bowl full of ice and their Busch beer and tee off on guys that write posts that are critical of "their boy Brett".

Newb is angry.

mckinneyhog5

It weird how many 30 post posters are dogging the comments in this thread...have we be invaded by DST?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 20, 2017, 09:58:36 pm
Don't take much I say too seriously. I'm all floating, flaming, fulminating, spectral head from the neck up.
Gas ???

RedRazorHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 10:01:20 pm
It weird how many 30 post posters are dogging the comments in this thread...have we be invaded by DST?

Having some fun sending some heat back to the boys that constant flame and troll is just that...fun, and turnabout is fair play McKinneyhog!   :P

--Knute Rockne

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 20, 2017, 10:02:56 pm
Gas ???

Only after taco Tuesday. Everything else runs right through me like a digestive slip n slide.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 20, 2017, 10:04:57 pm
Having some fun sending some heat back to the boys that constant flame and troll is just that...fun, and turnabout is fair play McKinneyhog!   :P
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the hogville.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 20, 2017, 10:04:57 pm

I was actually impressed that you worked in Lay-Z- Boy, trailer, Trump, duct tape, and "on the street" in a single post.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 10:08:19 pm
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the hogville.

"You talk the talk, can you walk the walk"
Who said that in what movie - do you know?

--Knute Rockne

RedRazorHog

Quote from: The Chief on September 20, 2017, 10:09:39 pm
I was actually impressed that you worked in Lay-Z- Boy, trailer, Trump, duct tape, and "on the street" in a single post.

God-Given skill!

--Knute Rockne

NuttinItUp

The sock accounts are out in full force tonight.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 20, 2017, 09:47:56 pm
While we're on the subject of speed traps, y'all better slow down going through Cash in Craighead County.

Strictly 65 mph through there. Don't open it up til I hit 67 South.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Sigepgator702

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 20, 2017, 09:48:57 pm
Mr. Mayor,

I enjoyed your story about your humble upbringing, your deep love of the hogs, and you admitting to the voting public that you get drunk on game day. Hopefully they won't call you on Saturdays to complain about a downed stop sign or one of your police officers writing someone a ticket for five mph over the speed limit. 

I was especially moved by your story about going to Henderson state and I'm sorry that you scored so low on the act on the English and writing part to be admitted to the U of A. 

You seem like a good guy and good fan, the kind we need more of. You're a good writer too.  Don't let these guys tell you any different.

I stated that I drank during the games.  Does that mean that I am drunk while watching or attending each game? 
My ACT score would've sufficed to get into the University of Arkansas.  I'm sorry that you believe that others who attend smaller schools can't attain the ACT scores to be admitted to that school.  Have a nice night and please do not continue to judge others.  99% of your comment is just sad.

bphi11ips

Quote from: The Chief on September 20, 2017, 10:09:39 pm

Potential David Alan Coe cut.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 10:21:40 pm

I stated that I drank during the games.  Does that mean that I am drunk while watching or attending each game? 
My ACT score would've sufficed to get into the University of Arkansas.  I'm sorry that you believe that others who attend smaller schools can't attain the ACT scores to be admitted to that school.  Have a nice night and please do not continue to judge others.  99% of your comment is just sad.
Why the screen name sigepgator?

RedRazorHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 20, 2017, 10:14:01 pm
The sock accounts are out in full force tonight.

What's a "sock account"?  Just curious.

--Knute Rockne

PorkRinds

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 20, 2017, 10:27:58 pm
What's a "sock account"?  Just curious.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sock%20account

PonderinHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 20, 2017, 10:24:53 pm
Potential David Alan Coe cut.
If I was gonna write a song about putting in a swimming pool in the back yard, it would go something like this. "There's a hole in Daddy's yard, where the money goes."

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:10:53 pm
I seldom post on here; mainly because I am too emotional with every Hog win or loss.   I usually drink during each game, which doesn't usually calm me down either way.  When I was a child, I can recall being very excited when our team was on TV (JP Sports on channel 7).  We were poor and couldn't afford cable, so it was almost like Christmas when our beloved Hogs were on TV.  I listened to the majority of the games on the radio because my love for my Hogs ran deep. 
Like everyone else, I've seen the highs and the lows of our program since I was probably 6 years old.  Unfortunately I was not around in the 60s-80s when we had really good teams in the SWC.  I am an Arkadelphia native and went to Henderson State University to attain my degree.  I would've loved nothing more to attend the UofA, but the cost of tuition made that decision easy for me. 
I loved the Nutt regime; I hated the Nutt regime.  I loved the Petrino regime; I hated that he was a slime ball.  I loved the Brett hire; I hate the Bret regime thus far.  We all knew that Nutt's kids would run through a brick wall to back up their coach.  We were a top 25 program for most years.    Petrino  put us on the map and we were a perennial top 15 team in the country and were number 3 at one point.  Both coaches had an identity whether we liked it or not, but I am very confused on what our identity is at the present.
Brett started out as a smash mouth coach, but we have been a finesse team here of late.  He gets paid 4+ million dollars a year to win football games and to make our kids respectable in the classroom and off the field.  He does a great job with the latter, but the mediocrity doesn't equate to his salary.  If anyone else that has a regular job failed to win at this rate, he/she would be close to being terminated.  I really do like the fact that our coach is a stand up guy, but there are millions of people in our country that are the same.  Coaches get paid to win games; period.  I am not asking that he be fired yet, but I expected 8+ wins this year for him to ensure his job.  The season is early and there are a lot of games left.  I truly hope that he turns this team around and wins several games this year.  The SEC is weak this year and there is NO excuse to win less than 8 games in my opinion.  I hope he pulls a Mike Anderson and turns it completely around to unify our fan base. 
Please stop bashing our last 2 former coaches;  they each left the program better than it was before.  I hope we can say the same about Brett.  I look forward to being in attendance this Saturday and I have even purchased our new "Cowboys" jersey to cheer them on in Jerry's World. 

Mayor of Caddo Valley, AR.

This is seriously the best message board post I've ever seen

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I think I now know how to approach the rest of the season. I think I understand how to mentally approach the possible joy or the probable agony.

I"M READY FOR SATURDay now!!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RedRazorHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 20, 2017, 10:30:07 pm
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sock%20account

Thanks for the URL - wasn't aware/never heard that...

--Knute Rockne

Sigepgator702

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 10:25:46 pm
Why the screen name sigepgator?

Sig Ep Fraternity at Henderson State University.  The gator is our mascot.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 20, 2017, 10:30:08 pm
If I was gonna write a song about putting in a swimming pool in the back yard, it would go something like this. "There's a hole in Daddy's yard, where the money goes."
What about momma, trains and prison?

thebignasty

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on September 20, 2017, 10:30:45 pm

This is seriously the best message board post I've ever seen

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I think I now know how to approach the rest of the season. I think I understand how to mentally approach the possible joy or the probable agony.

I"M READY FOR SATURDay now!!

drinking?

PonderinHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 10:35:27 pm
What about momma, trains and prison?
That's as far as I got.  Be patient.  This may take longer than six years, but if you want to pay me to stop now I might take less than $15,000,000.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 10:33:50 pm
Cool I just sent an email to you as mayor of Caddo. Hope to hear from you!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: thebignasty on September 20, 2017, 10:37:01 pm
drinking?
Compared to the other guys in this thread..he's a long time poser. Oops, I meant poster.

Ex-Trumpet

The Tavern has been looking for a new mayor...what better candidate than, well, a mayor?!?!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Sigepgator702

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 20, 2017, 10:42:38 pm
Cool I just sent an email to you as mayor of Caddo. Hope to hear from you!

what address did you send it to?
I have 2.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 10:52:59 pm
what address did you send it to?
I have 2.
I used the one off the municipal link from the .gov website.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Very cool that His Majesty is posting here. +1 on the post, Your Honor.

vandybuff

We all cheer for Vandy when we aren't playing them!  I have remembered why I do not like to post on here!  Too many know it alls for my taste!  I apologize if I wasn't up to par for so many.  I just love my Hogs and wanted to express my opinion.  I should've known that in our society, it would be riddled with some sort of hate.
Thank you so and I have a deep since of pride in the Razorbacks.  And if I upset you, I am sorry; if the football team upsets you, I am the wrong guy to talk with for I don't take any non-work too seriously.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Welcome to the board, your highness.

CFB_Fanatic

I seldom post on here; mainly because I am too emotional with every Hog win or loss.   I usually drink during each game, which doesn't usually calm me down either way.  When I was a child, I can recall being very excited when our team was on TV (JP Sports on channel 7).  We were poor and couldn't afford cable, so it was almost like Christmas when our beloved Hogs were on TV.  I listened to the majority of the games on the radio because my love for my Hogs ran deep. 
Like everyone else, I've seen the highs and the lows of our program since I was probably 6 years old.  Unfortunately I was not around in the 60s-80s when we had really good teams in the SWC.  I am an Arkadelphia native and went to Henderson State University to attain my degree.  I would've loved nothing more to attend the UofA, but the cost of tuition made that decision easy for me. 
I loved the Nutt regime; I hated the Nutt regime.  I loved the Petrino regime; I hated that he was a slime ball.  I loved the Brett hire; I hate the Bret regime thus far.  We all knew that Nutt's kids would run through a brick wall to back up their coach.  We were a top 25 program for most years.    Petrino  put us on the map and we were a perennial top 15 team in the country and were number 3 at one point.  Both coaches had an identity whether we liked it or not, but I am very confused on what our identity is at the present.
Brett started out as a smash mouth coach, but we have been a finesse team here of late.  He gets paid 4+ million dollars a year to win football games and to make our kids respectable in the classroom and off the field.  He does a great job with the latter, but the mediocrity doesn't equate to his salary.  If anyone else that has a regular job failed to win at this rate, he/she would be close to being terminated.  I really do like the fact that our coach is a stand up guy, but there are millions of people in our country that are the same.  Coaches get paid to win games; period.  I am not asking that he be fired yet, but I expected 8+ wins this year for him to ensure his job.  The season is early and there are a lot of games left.  I truly hope that he turns this team around and wins several games this year.  The SEC is weak this year and there is NO excuse to win less than 8 games in my opinion.  I hope he pulls a Mike Anderson and turns it completely around to unify our fan base. 
Please stop bashing our last 2 former coaches;  they each left the program better than it was before.  I hope we can say the same about Brett.  I look forward to being in attendance this Saturday and I have even purchased our new "Cowboys" jersey to cheer them on in Jerry's World. 

Hey OP,

Instead of wasting time typing an essay on Hogville do us all a favor and downsize the Caddo Valley PD and cut back on writing speeding tickets half a mile out of town where the speed limit drops for no reason.

No sense in having 10 cops on duty speedtrapping Caddo Valley. Half of them sit at Waffle House all night anyway

CFB_Fanatic

Whoa...what?

The gator is who's mascot?? It certainly isn't Henderson's mascot. They are the Reddies. Their mascot isn't even a real thing, much less an overgrown lizard.

Fraud alert

prattville pig

Where is the mayor of Caddo Gap?
Life's too short to last long.

buldozer

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 20, 2017, 09:47:56 pm
While we're on the subject of speed traps, y'all better slow down going through Cash in Craighead County.
Sounds like Caddo Valley.....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 09:20:25 pm
Probably!  Just stick to the point of the post!

Aw yes. We have another government official trying to tell everyone what they should do.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MrKnowItAll

What's your problem with "know it alls " 

TXArcher

Welcome Mayor, ignore the other idiots.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TXArcher on September 21, 2017, 06:31:43 am
Welcome Mayor, ignore the other idiots.

By saying "other idiots", that makes you one as well.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The OTR

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on September 20, 2017, 10:21:40 pm

With all the comments here you choose mine to respond to.

At least you went to college. I studied refrigeration at a vocational school but never graduated so I can't say much about anybody's ACT score.  And I barely made it through high school. It was iffy right up until the end.

I think I get awkward posting in a thread of someone kind of famous. I always stick my foot in my mouth when I meet someone famous or someone like yourself.

I meant no offense.  I don't like paragraphs either and I don't like most people on here. We need more people like you here.  The most famous and infamous poster on hogville has a variety of quirks in his writing such as not using capital letters, not spacing after periods, and saying freaking every other sentence and he's legendary.  You have a chance to be more famous than him because of your status as a mayor.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 21, 2017, 06:52:55 am
With all the comments here you choose mine to respond to.

At least you went to college. I studied refrigeration at a vocational school but never graduated so I can't say much about anybody's ACT score.  And I barely made it through high school. It was iffy right up until the end.

I think I get awkward posting in a thread of someone kind of famous. I always stick my foot in my mouth when I meet someone famous or someone like yourself.

I meant no offense.  I don't like paragraphs either and I don't like most people on here. We need more people like you here.  The most famous and infamous poster on hogville has a variety of quirks in his writing such as not using capital letters, not spacing after periods, and saying freaking every other sentence and he's legendary.  You have a chance to be more famous than him because of your status as a mayor.

We don't need a mayor we already have a Guv.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: davglo35 on September 20, 2017, 09:17:28 pm
No but they know how to set apeeNo but they know how to set speed traps. The place is as bad as Damascus.
Agreed. We used to carpool from Henderson to lower the chance of someone getting a speed trap ticket
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 20, 2017, 09:41:11 pm
Caddo Valley is in God's Country. Nothing better than throwing an innertube and an ice chest in the Caddo below DeGray Dam and floating to the I-30 bridge.

Give it a little while Mayor. This team is like a box of chocolates right now but this week may be a Gran Marnier chocolate truffle.
Floating the Caddo is basically the only thing I miss about that place. That and Little Penguin Tacos.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

jkstock04

I'm curious why you felt the need to state your age and occupation in the title?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys