Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Ark vs tcu espnu Sunday 3:00pm

Started by ur, July 22, 2017, 06:07:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ur

July 22, 2017, 06:07:43 pm Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:00:27 pm by ur
Thank you Lord. Sept can't get here fast enough.

oldgoat

Hoglady: "Some things in life are only a big deal when you make them a big deal."

bythelake

Thanks, watching now.  Hope we win.

AirWarren

Ellis had a good game. It's obvious he gassed out as the season went on.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2017, 07:07:20 pm
Ellis had a good game. It's obvious he gassed out as the season went on.

Losing Dre forced Brooks to play/cover more as the season progressed. He gave his all, that's something I'll always respect in a player.

theFlyingHog

Aw damn I'm stuck in hell with no U.

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2017, 07:09:18 pm
Losing Dre forced Brooks to play/cover more as the season progressed. He gave his all, that's something I'll always respect in a player.

Don't think our d was ever destined for greatness last year but losing Dre was definitely a backbreaker.

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on July 22, 2017, 07:10:36 pm
Don't think our d was ever destined for greatness last year but losing Dre was definitely a backbreaker.

Nope, it wasn't, but we missed Dre, even if it was to make a tackle 5 yards downfield.

Tusks

Man the hogs played the most basic defensive crap.  If the D guy didn't beat their man one on one there was no stop.  Not once did the O have wonder 'which guy do I block' or anything like that.  Plus the D was slow a foot.  CBB may have come from the D side but it's not Hog D, there's no swarming, there's no speed and no group of wild hogs flying to the ball.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogfan14

Quote from: tusked on July 22, 2017, 08:45:37 pm
Man the hogs played the most basic defensive crap.  If the D guy didn't beat their man one on one there was no stop.  Not once did the O have wonder 'which guy do I block' or anything like that.  Plus the D was slow a foot.  CBB may have come from the D side but it's not Hog D, there's no swarming, there's no speed and no group of wild hogs flying to the ball.

I'm no DC but I was wondering why we left so much open space in the middle of the DL  when TCU was inside the 15. Made it easy for them to run it up the middle and score. I guess we were trying to keep Hill in the pocket that way.

parallaxpig

special teams decisions.......needs to improve for sure.....forgot about us kicking off to their speedster after we tied game in 4th.......why why why
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Tusks

Quote from: parallaxpig on July 23, 2017, 06:55:12 am
special teams decisions.......needs to improve for sure.....forgot about us kicking off to their speedster after we tied game in 4th.......why why why

Or make the chip shot FG with to go up 23-7 with 10 minutes left in the game.  That would have put the game away.  You would think they'd learn their lesson in 2015 against MSU.

I just don't see any form of a task master at all which is what it takes to win in football.  After that MSU FG the hogs should be on a streak of successful FG to this day because CBB got pissed and made them practice it over and over and over and over and over and over ...
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pig in the Pokey

watched last night. I had forgotten how many times we escaped in that game. Was miraculous, really.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 22, 2017, 07:09:57 pm
Aw damn I'm stuck in hell with no U.
PM'd you. You're welcome, bro. Nobody should have to pay for HD sports programming (or Game of Thrones). That link has you covered for the season (and for tonight's GoT).  ::hornsdown::
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 23, 2017, 12:11:45 pm
PM'd you. You're welcome, bro. Nobody should have to pay for HD sports programming (or Game of Thrones). That link has you covered for the season (and for tonight's GoT).  ::hornsdown::
You're alright, pokey. Thanks!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 23, 2017, 12:17:19 pm
You're alright, pokey. Thanks!
no problem. That is my favorite web-site, so good. No pop-ups. Best quality HD. Really an awesome site.

rhames

Man this game should have been a blow out. That missed field goal changed everything.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HamSammich

Quote from: rhames on July 23, 2017, 04:48:12 pm
Man this game should have been a blow out. That missed field goal changed everything.

I don't watch replays of our ooc games usually. Watching this now.

My thoughts:

1) our defensive line was stupidly strong but got tired after an hour
2) our lbs played better than they did the rest of our season
3) our o-line was as bad as I thought they were including a 7 ft guard that left.
4) we will miss r-will more than I thought
5) our receivers are not that great after the white guy likes to spit

Still I think the Hogs showed well against another good team.

rhames

Quote from: HamSammich on July 23, 2017, 05:00:55 pm
I don't watch replays of our ooc games usually. Watching this now.

My thoughts:

1) our defensive line was stupidly strong but got tired after an hour
2) our lbs played better than they did the rest of our season
3) our o-line was as bad as I thought they were including a 7 ft guard that left.
4) we will miss r-will more than I thought
5) our receivers are not that great after the white guy likes to spit

Still I think the Hogs showed well against another good team.

If we could have punched it in a few times this would have been a blow out.

Lbers played well just got tired

Oline had moments but nothing special.

We will miss morgan.

Austin has made some money throws

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

HamSammich

Quote from: rhames on July 23, 2017, 05:03:39 pm

If we could have punched it in a few times this would have been a blow out.

Lbers played well just got tired

Oline had moments but nothing special.

We will miss morgan.

Austin has made some money throws

Yeah not an AA fan but this is a good game from him. I agree

rhames

There were also a few times when I thought out play calling got too conservative.

Enos is good at attacking. I'm not sure if burning clock and running a conservative offense is one of his strengths.

HamSammich

Quote from: rhames on July 23, 2017, 05:10:18 pm
There were also a few times when I thought out play calling got too conservative.

Enos is good at attacking. I'm not sure if burning clock and running a conservative offense is one of his strengths.

Yeah without question... but some of his attack plays like the bubble screens are being screwed over by lack of blocking. Man I'm starting to think we really could have a breakout year from this game

PossumFan

Drinking game: Take a shot every time they mention Hogs' offense "staying on schedule."

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PossumFan on July 23, 2017, 05:44:34 pm
Drinking game: Take a shot every time they mention Hogs' offense "staying on schedule."
Get a new liver prepped.
Quote from: rhames on July 23, 2017, 05:10:18 pm

That has bugged me to no end, especially in the second half. Why score 24 in the first and burn clock in the second instead of putting up another 24? It's great to bend them to our will and hold the ball for 10 minutes straight but if something goes sideways and we lose ol Mo, LOOK OUTTTTTTT!!!!!!'

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

tampahog

Quote from: tusked on July 23, 2017, 11:45:04 am
Or make the chip shot FG with to go up 23-7 with 10 minutes left in the game.  That would have put the game away.  You would think they'd learn their lesson in 2015 against MSU.

I just don't see any form of a task master at all which is what it takes to win in football.  After that MSU FG the hogs should be on a streak of successful FG to this day because CBB got pissed and made them practice it over and over and over and over and over and over ...
we were first and goal inside the 5.   Shouldnt have been kicking FG but rather should have pushed it in for 6 and demoralized them but didn't happen.

PossumFan

Sure hope we have a plan for dealing with Turpin this season. That little pipsqueak nearly killed us.