Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about discipline and the Fortson fiasco

Started by mike_the_geek, January 02, 2010, 09:45:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_the_geek

Has anyone told why Fortson is not playing ?  What did he do - academic issues, booze, the incident at the sorority, bad attitude, what ?    What's it going to take for him to get back on the floor and playing again - has Pelphrey ever said ?   I can't believe one of our key players has been sitting out all season - makes absolutely no sense. 

There's been no explanation from PTB either.  Seems like if I was a coach having such a piss-poor season, I'd at least give some dang good (if generic) reasons why one of our best is benched.  It wouldn't help us win or to get him back on the floor any sooner, but at least the fans could understand why and not be so ticked off while the season is squandered away, and there at least might be some hope if we knew what standard they were holding CF to.

What would Nolan have done back in the day?   He would have planted a size 15 cowboy boot up his backside, then run Fortson until he puked, then run him some more for puking, then run him some more just for good measure, but HE WOULD HAVE LET HIM CONTINUE PLAYING.  How dumb is it to have a key difference maker sitting on the bench !?   I remember that Nolan did have players suspended a game or two here and there during his tenure, but never anything close to this.  I'll be really shocked if we see Fortson back playing at all this season. 

COACH PELPHREY - IF YOU WANT TO GAIN BACK OUR SUPPORT, WE DESERVE TO KNOW SOMETHING CONCRETE !!!  And winning some games against mid-majors AT HOME wouldn't hurt either.