Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offensive ?'s

Started by 3dawghawg, January 02, 2010, 09:41:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3dawghawg

Do we every screen for RC when he cuts across the baseline? Do we only screen at the top of the key? Do we every pass the ball inside and then kick it out for a shot?

rude1

I see plenty of screening, but you can't run an offense where you have four guys constantly standing around trying to screen for one guy to shoot the ball. The problem I have seen is that many times both defenders off the screen hedge on Rotnei, and the guy who set the screen isn't rolling to the basket or the open area and getting the ball while he is open to help break the defense down, and put them in a rotating situation.

madjudge

Quote from: 3dawghawg on January 02, 2010, 09:41:12 pm
Do we every screen for RC when he cuts across the baseline? Do we only screen at the top of the key? Do we every pass the ball inside and then kick it out for a shot?
nope

3kgthog

From what I've seen we don't have a single guy that knows how to use a screen anyway. Not even Rotnei. I bet it's probably tough to go through all of Mike Washington's moving picks, though.

3dawghawg

January 02, 2010, 10:20:34 pm #4 Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 10:43:32 pm by 3dawghawg
It just seems like we don't have a very creative offense and that the players don't really know what to do. I thought Pel was suppose to have a fast paced offense and a pressing defense. I haven't seen either one since he has been here.