Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAB Coach Davis on Hog Fans

Started by Pat Doney, January 02, 2010, 03:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Doney

I thought this was interesting from after the game...

UAB Head Basketball Coach Mike Davis on Hog basketball crowd Saturday:
"I'm glad they had the football game today, really I am. Because at Virginia I thought the crowd kind of rattled us a little bit.  They kind of got to us.  I was hoping the football game would have been at 12 instead of at 4:30.  Football is king, I understand that."

So Coach Davis (who knows basketball - he went to the Final Four at Indiana) is saying the lack of crowd/noise in Bud Walton Arena helped UAB win.

Speedracer

Bowl game or not, nobody cares anymore.
Like smites bother me.

3kgthog

You know our program is dead when the blame gets directed at the fans instead of at those actually in charge of the program. At least that's what this post implied to me.

ke2743

He was just being nice.  He knew nobody was there because we Suck!  HARD!!!

Lanny

Quote from: Pat Doney on January 02, 2010, 03:28:04 pm
I thought this was interesting from after the game...

UAB Head Basketball Coach Mike Davis on Hog basketball crowd Saturday:
"I'm glad they had the football game today, really I am. Because at Virginia I thought the crowd kind of rattled us a little bit.  They kind of got to us.  I was hoping the football game would have been at 12 instead of at 4:30.  Football is king, I understand that."

So Coach Davis (who knows basketball - he went to the Final Four at Indiana) is saying the lack of crowd/noise in Bud Walton Arena helped UAB win.

ha, he wasn't concerend about the idiot coaching the Razorbacks
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

farmhawg

Quote from: Lanny on January 02, 2010, 03:58:17 pm
ha, he wasn't concerend about the idiot coaching the Razorbacks
Who would be? But he is a great recruiter......... Well he hasn't really signed a great player.............But he will be great in a few years because this was really his first year...............What the hell just fire him now.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Razor6

I guess that answers the question then... Arkansas is a football school.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

RedSatinHog

Maybe Mike Davis wants to coach the Razorbacks. 
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

JoePaul03

WCOB, 2003

RedSatinHog

Quote from: JoePaul03 on January 02, 2010, 11:25:29 pm
Do...Not...Want...

Did you want Pelphrey?

Did you want Altman?

Did you want Heath?

See the pattern developing here?

JoePaul03

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 02, 2010, 11:28:24 pm
Did you want Pelphrey?

Did you want Altman?

Did you want Heath?

See the pattern developing here?

Kind of...

Heck no...

At that point, I just wanted a change, so almost anyone was OK.

And, yeah, I see what you're getting at, but I still don't want anything to do with Mike Davis.
WCOB, 2003

RedSatinHog

Quote from: JoePaul03 on January 02, 2010, 11:31:06 pm
Kind of...

Heck no...

At that point, I just wanted a change, so almost anyone was OK.

And, yeah, I see what you're getting at, but I still don't want anything to do with Mike Davis.

Neither do I.  Anybody who would try and hamstring a legend like Bobby Knight is bush league to begin with IMHO.

Tejano Jawg

With all respect to Davis' comment, but our crowd of 9 hundred was making as much noise as they could.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

moses_007

Was the attendance just 900?  If that's true, we might as well cancel the season.