Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MIKE ANDERSON, PLEASE COME HOME!

Started by claycohog, January 02, 2010, 03:16:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

claycohog

Let your voices be heard.

Send e-mails to Mike.

Send e-mails to Long.

Send e-mails to anyone that you feel has influence on the program.

JUMP ON THIS TRAIN.  WE ARE ROLLING FULL STEAM AHEAD!

Speedracer

ship has SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaailed

Program is killed.  Too late.  Need to bring in a name and break the bank.
Like smites bother me.

claycohog

Quote from: Speedracer on January 02, 2010, 03:19:10 pm
ship has SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaailed

Program is killed.  Too late.  Need to bring in a name and break the bank.
NOPE!

Razorpigg

After this game I wouldnt mind a coaching change either just would rather it not be MA. Sorry

Toad Suck Pork

At this point I'll take a coach that plays four corners offense and 2-3 zone for 40 minutes.  I don't care anymore.

I just want a guy that can x and o with other college coaches and win consistently.  That is not too much to ask.

rtom

all you mike anderson fans seem to forget that he was at arkansas when the decline began..nolan let him do the recruiting and game calling and look where it got us,,,sorry guys but anderson is NOT the coach we need

Temprees

January 02, 2010, 04:39:57 pm #6 Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:47:56 pm by Temprees
Quote from: claycohog on January 02, 2010, 03:16:48 pm

Send e-mails to Mike.

Send e-mails to Long.

Quote from: Razorpigg on January 02, 2010, 03:22:23 pm
After this game I wouldnt mind a coaching change either just would rather it not be MA. Sorry
Quote from: claycohog on January 02, 2010, 03:16:48 pm

Send e-mails to Mike.

Send e-mails to Long.

Agreed.  Missouri is destroying Georgia right now.  Missouri 72  Georgia 47 with 7:44 left in the game.  The crowd is going wild.

Now, with 4:34 lfet, Missouri 79, Georgia 51

HawgG

Why does this guy's name keep coming up? He isn't coming to Arkansas and besides I thought Hogs fans wanted a championship caliber HC.

Temprees

Quote from: rtom on January 02, 2010, 04:37:36 pm
all you mike anderson fans seem to forget that he was at arkansas when the decline began..nolan let him do the recruiting and game calling and look where it got us,,,sorry guys but anderson is NOT the coach we need
What has Anderson done at UAB and at Missouri as a Head Coach.  Don't blame him for what happened at Arkansas when he was an assistant.  You obviously have some other reason for not wanting Mike Anderson.  We know that it has nothing to do with Anderson's ability to coach college basketball.

Temprees

Quote from: Temprees on January 02, 2010, 04:39:57 pm
Agreed.  Missouri is destroying Georgia right now.  Missouri 72  Georgia 47 with 7:44 left in the game.  The crowd is going wild.

Now, with 4:34 lfet, Missouri 79, Georgia 51
Missouri Bench cleared.  4:20  left, Missouri 83 Georgia 53.

Temprees

Quote from: Temprees on January 02, 2010, 04:50:13 pm
Missouri Bench cleared.  4:20  left, Missouri 83 Georgia 53.
Final:  Missouri 89  Georgia 61. 
Come home Mike, PLEASE.

arcowboy

Enjoy Mike at Missouri because there is no way that he will ever be back at Arkansas.   Good common sense tells you that it would never work.  There would be too much division among the fan base.  We cannot afford to have a divided fan base.   Long will do a good job of finding a  coach.  He proved that with hiring Petrino.  It will be the same when he hires a new basketball coach.  It is in the beginning stages at this time of making that list.   Believe me...

Oliver

Well he beat Georgia.  That's something we won't do this year.

Hogimus Prime

Only if Mike Anderson will bring in a couple of actual bigmen and a pg.

BossHog13

I agree with Clay... Come Home Mike!!!

bengal

You Coach Anderson haters just kill me. The man is a winner.

Temprees

Quote from: arcowboy on January 02, 2010, 05:19:32 pm
Enjoy Mike at Missouri because there is no way that he will ever be back at Arkansas.   Good common sense tells you that it would never work.  There would be too much division among the fan base.  We cannot afford to have a divided fan base.   Long will do a good job of finding a  coach.  He proved that with hiring Petrino.  It will be the same when he hires a new basketball coach.  It is in the beginning stages at this time of making that list.   Believe me...
Mike would not divide the fan base, unless you mean the "Redneck SOBs" to which Nolan referred.  I am not with that group anyway. 

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: bengal on January 02, 2010, 05:34:37 pm

Anderson seems like an ok guy.  He's a proven coach at Arkansas.  A proven loser.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me. 

HawgG

Quote from: bengal on January 02, 2010, 05:34:37 pm

winner or overrated by Hogs' fans, he still won't be coming here to coach.

Temprees

Quote from: HawgG on January 02, 2010, 06:25:14 pm
winner or overrated by Hogs' fans, he still won't be coming here to coach.
If Mike Anderson is overrated by Hog fans, then what is Pelphrey??????

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Temprees on January 02, 2010, 07:59:53 pm

Over his head.

HawgG

Quote from: Temprees on January 02, 2010, 07:59:53 pm

Well a couple of years ago he was "A COACHING GOD" according to most on here(exact quote), but today I guess he is the Coaching Devil :-\

Porkatarian

HawgG, you have great basketball takes, but I've heard Mike Anderson say that he wants this job.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

moses_007

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 02, 2010, 09:15:43 pm
HawgG, you have great basketball takes, but I've heard Mike Anderson say that he wants this job.

Porkatarian out...

Long just needs to take action and make room for him.  It's time for a change... right now.......

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: moses_007 on January 02, 2010, 09:17:40 pm
Long just needs to take action and make room for him.  It's time for a change... right now.......

exaclty.   

rude1

Quote from: rtom on January 02, 2010, 04:37:36 pm
When is this lame excuse for not wanting MA going to stop? You guys have another reason, why not just say it?

MA has gone out on his own and his accomplishments as a head coach speak for themselves. So anyone still playing that card I suspect you have reasons not related to basketball for not wanting him.

mizzouman

MA not going to Arkansas anytime soon.  I'd go for Mark Few.

rude1

Quote from: mizzouman on January 02, 2010, 09:36:14 pm
MA not going to Arkansas anytime soon.  I'd go for Mark Few.
I could understand why he wouldn't at this point. He has his building blocks in place to make another run for you guys in the next couple of years. It would be hard to see him leaving the foundation he has laid there for the mess that John Pelphrey has laid over here.

mizzouman

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2010, 09:41:11 pm
I could understand why he wouldn't at this point. He has his building blocks in place to make another run for you guys in the next couple of years. It would be hard to see him leaving the foundation he has laid there for the mess that John Pelphrey has laid over here.

Yeah, he's told some very prominant alums that when he signed his contract extension after last year, he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon because of what you just said, minus the Pelphrey stuff.

If you want MA, you'll need to wait a while. 

In the meantime, Pelphrey does need to go.  I've held back on calling for his head, but today's game was clearly lost by coaching.  The Hogs did not lose because they had less talent or were not as good, they lost simply because they were not prepared nor were they coached well during the game.

I'm serioius about Few.  He's itching to get to a bigger conference.  The only thing is that he's from the Pacific Northwest and it might be hard to get him out of that area.  He might be holding out for the Oregon or Oregon St. job.

Marshfieldhog

Mike anderson/corliss/cleveland/zimmerman much greater than pel/top 5 ostrom and company

GuvHog

Quote from: Temprees on January 02, 2010, 05:00:19 pm
Final:  Missouri 89  Georgia 61. 
Come home Mike, PLEASE.

Get your head out of Mike Anderson's backside. Georgia is by far the WORSE team in the SEC. UAPB could
beat them!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2010, 09:32:09 pm
When is this lame excuse for not wanting MA going to stop? You guys have another reason, why not just say it?

MA has gone out on his own and his accomplishments as a head coach speak for themselves. So anyone still playing that card I suspect you have reasons not related to basketball for not wanting him.

Nothing lame about it. You just can accept the fact that a large part of the Hog fan base will never accept
Anderson as HC because of his connections to Nolan Richardson. There's nothing racial about it. Nolan did
a lot of harm to the program his last 5 years and some people aren't going to forget it. Anderson was a big
part of that.

farmhawg

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 02, 2010, 10:29:46 pm
Get your head out of Mike Anderson's backside. Georgia is by far the WORSE team in the SEC. UAPB could
beat them!
The worst team? AYSM? Have you seen our team? You will come back after Pel is gone, just like motho, and then say that you were wrong. Just go ahead and admit it now and save a lot of posts.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

dsims2k3

MIKE ANDERSON BRINGS A STYLE OF BASKETBALL THAT WAS PART OF THE RAZORBACK TRADITION. 40 MINUTES OF HELL WAS WHAT WE WERE ABOUT. WE WHAD DOWN YEARS WITH NOLAN , BUT AT LEAST WE WERE   GOING TO THE BIG DANCE ON  A CONSTANT BASIS. NOW WE CANNOT EVEN DO THAT. MIKE ANDERSON DESERVES A REAL SHOT. WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT THAT TRADITION. IT WAS OUR TRADEMAKMARK.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

GuvHog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 02, 2010, 10:57:23 pm
The worst team? AYSM? Have you seen our team? You will come back after Pel is gone, just like motho, and then say that you were wrong. Just go ahead and admit it now and save a lot of posts.

I've also seen Georgia. The Hogs will beat them by at least 20 if not more and they will go 0-16 in the
SEC. Missouri will struggle to make the NCAA tournament with losses to Oklahoma, Okla State, Kansas
(twice), Nebraska, Baylor, Texas, and Kansas State.

rude1

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 02, 2010, 10:36:17 pm
Nothing lame about it. You just can accept the fact that a large part of the Hog fan base will never accept
Anderson as HC because of his connections to Nolan Richardson. There's nothing racial about it. Nolan did
a lot of harm to the program his last 5 years and some people aren't going to forget it. Anderson was a big
part of that.
And you know this how? Have you did a poll or something? You are basing this on nothing more than what you want...WHATEVER.

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2010, 11:04:59 pm
And you know this how? Have you did a poll or something? You are basing this on nothing more than what you want...WHATEVER.

Like I said, some people just can't accept the truth. I personally have no problem with Mike Anderson, but having traveled around the state and listened to opinions, I'm very confident in what I posted.

rude1

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 02, 2010, 11:09:07 pm
Like I said, some people just can't accept the truth. I personally have no problem with Mike Anderson, but having traveled around the state and listened to opinions, I'm very confident in what I posted.
LMAO, so you polled your small inner circle of people you come in contact with and came up with the conclusion that there is a LARGE portion of the fan base that won't accept MA?  I can longer take you serious. You post way too much irrational stuff.

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2010, 11:11:57 pm
LMAO, so you polled your small inner circle of people you come in contact with and came up with the conclusion that there is a LARGE portion of the fan base that won't accept MA?  I can longer take you serious. You post way too much irrational stuff.

Nothing irrational about it, You just can't accept the truth. There are several who have posted similar things
about Anderson on this board.

rude1

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 02, 2010, 11:16:58 pm
Nothing irrational about it, You just can't accept the truth. There are several who have posted similar things
about Anderson on this board.
If you can't see how irrational that is, it just proves my point. Next.

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2010, 11:22:38 pm
If you can't see how irrational that is, it just proves my point. Next.

Like I said, nothing irrational about it. Next.

RedSatinHog

Get over it, folks.  Mike Anderson ain't coming back to the UA.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Niels Boar

It is really sad that all of Nolan's losses stick to Anderson like velcro with some fans as the NC, 2 NC games, three FFs, 4 elite eights, and 6 Sweet Sixteens slide off like teflon.  In seven years as a head coach at two different programs Anderson has been to an elite eight, 2 Sweet Sixteens, 3 rounds of 32, and 4 NCAATs.  Allowing for a year or two to get the ball rolling at each program that just fired their coach, that's good work.  It certainly dwarfs what has been going on around here during that time.  If his Arkansas credentials were, say, at Arizona under Lute Olson, nobody would question whether he is qualified for the job. 

I'm not sure what fantasy some of you are clinging to about hiring a "championship" coach.  Most of those guys that fit that bill hadn't been to a FF when they took their current job and are now almost impossible to hire away from their current employer.  Eddie Sutton and Nolan Richardson would be disappointing hires based on their pre-Arkansas resumes using the standards some of you have set.  What Arkansas needs to do the next time they hire a BB coach is find a coach that has a defined system that has been used to build a program or preferably multiple programs to prominence.  And prominence is graded on a curve based on what has been previously accomplished at that program.

I root for  Missouri now because Mike Anderson is the coach. I like that style of BB and appreciate what Anderson helped accomplish at Arkansas.  It has become impossible to say anything nice about Anderson on this board without the Pel posse taking it as anti-Pel.  For you folks, Pel is not going to be fired based on Anderson's  record.  He is either going to win enough games to keep his job or he isn't.  My personal preference is for both Pel and Anderson to have outstanding conference records this season.  If it doesn't happen for Pel, it won't be Anderson's fault.  Then you have the idgots that can say anything nice about Anderson because of Nolan.  Mizzou was only one of about 4 or 5 teams that finished last season in the top 20 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, and they probably had the least talent of any team to do so.  They are still there in defensive efficiency so far this year and climbing in offensive efficiency.  It is pretty inane to say Anderson can't coach. 

BTW after all the pissing and moaning has died down some of you need to admit that our team has made progress.  When Washington is able to go, we are playing NCAAT-quality teams even.  Our SOS is among the worst in the nation because of the November and early December opponents.  We are getting better results at the moment as the quality of opposition increases significantly.  Let the season  play out.  If we are lousy all year because the roster is unstable, Pel will get no free lunch from me since he is responsible for the last two years of recruiting.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Niels Boar on January 02, 2010, 11:44:19 pm
It is really sad that all of Nolan's losses stick to Anderson like velcro with some fans as the NC, 2 NC games, three FFs, 4 elite eights, and 6 Sweet Sixteens slide off like teflon.  In seven years as a head coach at two different programs Anderson has been to an elite eight, 2 Sweet Sixteens, 3 rounds of 32, and 4 NCAATs.  Allowing for a year or two to get the ball rolling at each program that just fired their coach, that's good work.  It certainly dwarfs what has been going on around here during that time.  If his Arkansas credentials were, say, at Arizona under Lute Olson, nobody would question whether he is qualified for the job. 

I'm not sure what fantasy some of you are clinging to about hiring a "championship" coach.  Most of those guys that fit that bill hadn't been to a FF when they took their current job and are now almost impossible to hire away from their current employer.  Eddie Sutton and Nolan Richardson would be disappointing hires based on their pre-Arkansas resumes using the standards some of you have set.  What Arkansas needs to do the next time they hire a BB coach is find a coach that has a defined system that has been used to build a program or preferably multiple programs to prominence.  And prominence is graded on a curve based on what has been previously accomplished at that program.

I root for  Missouri now because Mike Anderson is the coach. I like that style of BB and appreciate what Anderson helped accomplish at Arkansas.  It has become impossible to say anything nice about Anderson on this board without the Pel posse taking it as anti-Pel.  For you folks, Pel is not going to be fired based on Anderson's  record.  He is either going to win enough games to keep his job or he isn't.  My personal preference is for both Pel and Anderson to have outstanding conference records this season.  If it doesn't happen for Pel, it won't be Anderson's fault.  Then you have the idgots that can say anything nice about Anderson because of Nolan.  Mizzou was only one of about 4 or 5 teams that finished last season in the top 20 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, and they probably had the least talent of any team to do so.  They are still there in defensive efficiency so far this year and climbing in offensive efficiency.  It is pretty inane to say Anderson can't coach. 

BTW after all the pissing and moaning has died down some of you need to admit that our team has made progress.  When Washington is able to go, we are playing NCAAT-quality teams even.  Our SOS is among the worst in the nation because of the November and early December opponents.  We are getting better results at the moment as the quality of opposition increases significantly.  Let the season  play out.  If we are lousy all year because the roster is unstable, Pel will get no free lunch from me since he is responsible for the last two years of recruiting.

As usual, nice take Niels. The anti-Mike crowd accuses some of us of having selective memories. They might want to take the plank out of their own eyes first.

Temprees

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 02, 2010, 10:29:46 pm
beat them!
We play Georgia, so we will see, won't we?

Temprees

January 02, 2010, 11:59:09 pm #45 Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:12:37 am by Temprees
Quote from: GUVHOG on January 02, 2010, 11:03:51 pm
I've also seen Georgia. The Hogs will beat them by at least 20 if not more and they will go 0-16 in the
SEC. Missouri will struggle to make the NCAA tournament with losses to Oklahoma, Okla State, Kansas
(twice), Nebraska, Baylor, Texas, and Kansas State.
You are some seer.  How many times have you won the Powerball Lotto?   At this point, I feel that we will give Georgia a serious run for the worst team in the SEC.  Georgia is in their first year with a new head coach.  We are in our third year.  We SHOULD be further along in our rebuilding than Georgia after 3 years.

Temprees

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 02, 2010, 11:09:07 pm
Stop hanging out at the "Redneck" bars.

claycohog

Mike Anderson will come.  Will Jeff Long hire him?

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: claycohog on January 03, 2010, 03:24:32 am
Mike Anderson will come.  Will Jeff Long hire him?

Good question.  Long was ready to hire Tommy Bowden.  Fortunately, he was held to a higher standard when it came to the football program.  Did he learn anything from that experience ?

RedSatinHog

The ONLY scenario in which I could ever see Anderson returning to the UA would be if Pel stepped down, Nolan was hired as an interim, and Anderson came in on his footsteps.

I seriously believe Nolan would agree to do so, too, if for no other reason than to have Frank Broyles live to see it happen and have no way of doing absolutely anything about it.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd