Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do I even watch???

Started by Ugly Uncle, January 02, 2010, 01:07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

I'm not like some of you.  I can't help myself.  I have a hope and a belief that we can/will win every game.  Right now that childlike faith is kicking me in the stomach.  I hate losing, and I hate losing stupidly. 
Retired Radio Host

Hoggy1

that's what happens with a bush league coach.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

jacksonpollock

I would/will take an unblocked and direct kick to the nads before i spend another dime on hoop tickets so long as Pel is at the helm.
Bums are the well-to-do of this day. They didn't have as far to fall.

JONAS

I am wondering the same thing.  Why do I put myself through this misery? 

jschulte

I think I have continued watching to see how bad it can get... and I continue to be surprised

Lanny

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 02, 2010, 01:07:46 pm
I'm not like some of you.  I can't help myself.  I have a hope and a belief that we can/will win every game.  Right now that childlike faith is kicking me in the stomach.  I hate losing, and I hate losing stupidly. 

No way, anyone should expect a win with Clown Pelphrey coaching.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Porkem

Would you expect anything less from our coach that everyone loves so much?  He just needs more time.  :puke:
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

3kgthog

I have hope as well. It's a really bad car accident that I can't turn away from now, though.

HUNGLOWHOG

I BLEED RAZORBACK RED , BUT OUR B-BALL TEAM SUCKS BALLS !!!!

claycohog

I'm sorry, after being a member of this board for several years now and reading many posts from many knowledgable and intelligient members I can't fathom what I read from intelligient people.  How in God's green earth did any of you ever think that the results would be any different than what they are at this point.  John Pelphrey is a freakin joke.   Anyone can see it.  Take off the blinders, many of you are embarrassing yourselves.

athunt

Quote from: Lanny on January 02, 2010, 01:16:25 pm
No way, anyone should expect a win with Clown Pelphrey coaching.
But Lanny, he yells alot, that means hes coaching......

[sarcasm]
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Breems

We did hold the number 24 team in the country to a one point lead.  Pel had to do something right somewhere.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

98hogs

Quote from: jacksonpollock on January 02, 2010, 01:13:18 pm
I would/will take an unblocked and direct kick to the nads before i spend another dime on hoop tickets so long as Pel is at the helm.

I'm with ya

ishankem

I am seriously thinking of not watching the texas game.  I could watch public executions, but I don't think I can watch that!

athunt

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 02, 2010, 02:33:37 pm
We did hold the number 24 team in the country to a one point lead.  Pel had to do something right somewhere.

So it was a moral victory?
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

HUNGLOWHOG

theres no moral victory in a loss , we just let them slam it right in our face un-contested , how pathetic !!!

HiggiePiggy

Soooo  when does the basketball team start playing?   I hear we should be pretty good this year........

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Lando Calrissian

I have some empathy for the players but that's about it.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HOG1947

Quote from: HUNGLOWHOG on January 02, 2010, 02:53:17 pm
theres no moral victory in a loss , we just let them slam it right in our face un-contested , how pathetic !!!

I thought it was an uncontested "layup".
We stumble across the truth from time to time but
most of us pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off,
and proceed as if nothing happened.

The art of Diplomacy is being able to say "good dog" until you can find a big rock.

Toad Suck Pork

You need to just calm down, Pelphrey has a plan.  Remember?  :)

alaback

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on January 02, 2010, 03:02:32 pm
You need to just calm down, Pelphrey has a plan.  Remember?  :)
I thought the only plan we had was for Fortson.

athunt

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 02, 2010, 02:59:49 pm
I have some empathy for the players but that's about it.

I feel sorry for Washington. He should have left when he actually had some form of hype. He most likely will go undrafted after the season, and yes I realize the season is not even to the half way point.
-Reggie Johnson

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: alaback on January 02, 2010, 03:03:37 pm
I thought the only plan we had was for Fortson.

I keep hearing Pelphrey talk about this alleged grand "plan" they have, and how it's working.

Unless he's a manchurian candidate working for Kentucky, I don't see how it's working, at least yet.

Breakdowns at crucial parts of multiple games is inexcusable.

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

alaback

rude1

Quote from: Speedracer on January 02, 2010, 03:15:34 pm
thirty3?
Let me give you his spin. "That was the 24th team in the nation, we are still without our point guard, what did you expect?"

athunt

Quote from: rude1 on January 02, 2010, 03:45:14 pm
Let me give you his spin. "That was the 24th team in the nation, we are still without our point guard, what did you expect?"

or maybe he will say "the liberty bowl was on the players mind, its tough to win with that big of a distraction"
-Reggie Johnson

netteltonhog

I used the excuse of it being bowl game weekend and started drinking at 10:30.  By the time the game was over I was on my way to a happier place.  Still the lack of situational coaching is unbelievable.  I have watched high school teams with better fundementals.