Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ONE HELLUVA ENDING...GREAT MORAL VICTORY

Started by jacksonpollock, January 02, 2010, 01:06:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jacksonpollock

what a bunch of crap...could we really expect anything else from a Pel team?
Bums are the well-to-do of this day. They didn't have as far to fall.

Lanny

No.  Great coaching by Pelphrey.  Never expect a win with this guy
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ekyle1

pick_DA_EAGLES

now THAT was a de-moralizing defeat.

we probably will not recover from that enough to win 2 more games all season.

wildcathawg

i think pel did a good job with this game. players have to play and not blow their assignments. this one isnt on pel.

Marshfieldhog

This isn't on pel? What are you smokin? You don't play man defense in that spot. We just came out of 2 timeouts and just like the missouri state game gave a slam dunk up.

JONAS

Screw moral victories, they still count as an L in the loss column.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

arkansasstory

I'm tired of moral victories. We are Arkansas!

ke2743

January 02, 2010, 04:03:56 pm #9 Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:05:34 pm by ke2743
Quote from: JONAS on January 02, 2010, 01:18:51 pm
Screw moral victories, they still count as an L in the loss column.

I wish you could bet on moral victories.. I'd be a rich ass man!

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: wildcathawg on January 02, 2010, 01:13:36 pm
i think pel did a good job with this game. players have to play and not blow their assignments. this one isnt on pel.

You never go man to man on a in-bounds play like that.   You go zone and leave your big man under the basket.

I've held on to Pel because I really believe every employee should get a fair chance at their job. 
For a BB coach, I think 3 to 4 years should be allowed.  In Pel's case, I am not counting the first year because he had a middle of the road team that he had to play and most of those graduated and the remainder had to be let go.  With that said, we have Freshmen and Sophs who are Pels and they aren't doing much.  We are a very bad team and I cannot see any change very soon.  I know we have hurt people and one not reinstated yet but so what, we aren't handling the rent a wins so popular in BB today.  We don't seem to be using the little talent we have.  I want Pelphery to win but it really isn't likely and it may never be.   

hogfan30

coaches lose games, players win games. That'll never change. Especially with coaches being paid millions. Although, players gotta play. How do you not know as a player to switch that screen and protect the basket???

rude1

Quote from: hogfan30 on January 03, 2010, 01:47:52 am
coaches lose games, players win games. That'll never change. Especially with coaches being paid millions. Although, players gotta play. How do you not know as a player to switch that screen and protect the basket???
After it happened the first time, I chalked it up to poor execution against Mo.St. After seeing it again to lose the game to UAB, I now have to think it's poor preparation and poor coaching. After getting burned like that before, and having spent two time outs in the huddle before the play. The whole second timeout should have been used reminding them of the importance of protecting the basket at all cost. Mike Washington should have been told to plant himself under that basket and stay there.