Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Okay......what happened to Nail???

Started by UncleFrank, January 02, 2010, 12:52:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleFrank

January 02, 2010, 12:52:38 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:56:54 pm by UncleFrank
I've been living out of state for the past 7+ years and today is the first time I've heard Mike Nail do any play-by-play in several years. He sounds.................um............not-so-good.....awful, at times, maybe???
What's been happening with him?  Is it just advancing age, or has he been seriously ill or something?
Just curious............

JONAS

He is getting old, but anybody would sound awful if they had to do play-by-play for this team.

UncleFrank

QuoteHe is getting old, but anybody would sound awful if they had to do play-by-play for this team.

That's too bad. I remember listening to him a lot in the '90s, when Hawgball was on top of the world. Mike was one of the very best when he was in his prime.

JONAS

Quote from: UncleFrank on January 02, 2010, 01:19:26 pm
That's too bad. I remember listening to him a lot in the '90s, when Hawgball was on top of the world. Mike was one of the very best when he was in his prime.

It has to be easier to call games when you are winning.  I would have probably quit by now.

VBHOG

Nail is still fine as long as you don't care to know what's happening in any thing close to real time.