Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAB vs. Arkansas game thread

Started by thirtythree, January 01, 2010, 05:16:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thirtythree

I will be on my to Dallas during the game so I won't be able to do much. So, I wanted to contribute with the game thread at least.

Go Hogs! Let's get this one.

HeathWimp

This may be the only point in this thread when we are not trailing....
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Danny J

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 01, 2010, 07:40:35 pm
LOL, depends on fortson IMO.

3kgthog

Fortson can't shoot or grow 3 inches. BWA will be UAB's home away from home.

Hogbody

A) when does it start

B) radio between LR and Memphis?

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 01, 2010, 08:43:56 pm
He cant shoot any worse than any other player we play at the point this year. Are you telling me you would rather have nobles and welsh play the point the remainder of the year? We need somebody who can handle the ball and dribble penetrate to the hoop.
PS, 15ppg 6 assits 6 boards and 1 steal per game. NO 3kgthog we certainly dont need that right now as good as we are currently playing and as well as nobles and welsh are running the point.

Danny J

Quote from: Hogbody on January 01, 2010, 08:46:55 pm
A) when does it start

? The bball game tomorrow? 11am
maybe we can catch UAB sleepwalking!

TNhawgfan

That game will be a ghost town. Would you put the over/under on attendance around 4500?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

thirtythree

A) when does it start

you can get 103.7 for a good ways on the way to memphis.

I'm leaving fro Dallas at 10, so I don't know that I'll get to listen to any of it.

thirtythree

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 01, 2010, 09:04:28 pm
That game will be a ghost town. Would you put the over/under on attendance around 4500?

due to the bowl game it may even be lower.

Breems

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 01, 2010, 08:43:56 pm

But he still dominates ;)
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Marshfieldhog

We are already down 12..fortson just came in drove the lane..triple pumped..no look turnover..oh well, just wait till sanchez gets back, then we will show them

alaback

A) when does it start

11 AM on XM Channel 200 if you have XM Radio.

Hogbody

Quote from: thirtythree on January 01, 2010, 09:04:40 pm

I'm leaving fro Dallas at 10, so I don't know that I'll get to listen to any of it.
Quote from: alaback on January 01, 2010, 11:23:01 pm
11 AM on XM Channel 200 if you have XM Radio.

thanks for the replies

hopefully I'll get to watch the first half before I leave for the bowl

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: thirtythree on January 01, 2010, 09:04:40 pm

I'm pretty sure the game will be on XM if you have it.  One of the SEC channels.

Porkem

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 01, 2010, 07:40:35 pm

You got that right brutha!
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

thirtythree

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on January 01, 2010, 11:50:06 pm
I'm pretty sure the game will be on XM if you have it.  One of the SEC channels.

We don't. I know, we need to move into the next era of radio.lol.

Thnx.

Dies anyone know if Texarkana has a station it is on? I figure we'll be close enough by then.

Boarcephus

Quote from: thirtythree on January 01, 2010, 09:05:08 pm
due to the bowl game it may even be lower.

I bet the fans can hear the ball bounce.  Todays attendance could easily be the lowest in BWA history, breaking the record set earlier this year.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Razorpigg

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 01, 2010, 11:10:58 pm
We are already down 12..fortson just came in drove the lane..triple pumped..no look turnover..oh well, just wait till sanchez gets back, then we will show them

If you cant contribute with meaningful conversation shut up. Moron

Dirty

Any online broadcast of the game.

Hogbody

Hoggies

you do realize we will lose, yes?

thirtythree

Yes a vent thread will be in order.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 02, 2010, 07:52:44 am
I bet the fans can hear the ball bounce.  Todays attendance could easily be the lowest in BWA history, breaking the record set earlier this year.

With close to 50,000 of us in Memphis, maybe so.

SemperHawg

So its almost tip off time, any Fortson???

alaback

Woo hoo!  Thought I was going to have to endure another Channel Surfing game, but I just did the Dish network search and the game is on TV.  I live in Birmingham so I guess that helps.

I know there are alot of downers on this board, but when they Hogs play ball, count me in. 

Let's go Hogs!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Lanny

I'll go ahead a predict another loss for Arkansas.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HOG1947

Quote from: hogfanwithms on January 02, 2010, 10:16:16 am
Any online broadcast of the game.

It's gotten so bad that the game is not even being carried on channelsurfing.net...and once again, RazorVision SUCKS!
We stumble across the truth from time to time but
most of us pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off,
and proceed as if nothing happened.

The art of Diplomacy is being able to say "good dog" until you can find a big rock.

alaback

Quote from: Lanny on January 02, 2010, 10:54:21 am
I'll go ahead a predict another loss for Arkansas.

Pick again Lanny.  UAB just dropped a game to a bad Virginia team who Auburn happened to beat on the road.  UAB is a world beater at home, but they're pretty weak on the road.

Go Hogs, let's start the New Year off right.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 02, 2010, 10:53:43 am
So its almost tip off time, any Fortson???

Wondering the same thing.  Anyone at the game just Courtney Fortson?

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

alaback

What a bunch of nonsense, schedule says Arkansas UAB, but I'm getting a rerun of Gray's Anatomy.  Whatever.  This is what you get from a bunch of Bammers running the station.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on January 02, 2010, 10:58:48 am
Wondering the same thing.  Anyone at the game just Courtney Fortson?
+1 for the Avatar!!!

Toad Suck Pork

capehog

Looks like the days of Raycom game of the week are back with the crappy sound and jittery picture. Wheres Dave and Dave and Dave?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

Hogbody

Toad Suck Pork

Can someone remind me why Mike Davis got canned at Indiana?

Boarcephus

Just came on tv and that place is empty.  Looks like a Ladyback game.  Unless that was shown 15 minutes ago, I bet there's not 4000 people there and probably less
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HoopS

Anybody else without audio on RazorVision?

capehog

4000 would be generous today. They could open the doors like they used to do when it would snow and there still would not be that many there.
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

ishankem

hogs playing good MtoM defense so far

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Toad Suck Pork

Why is Powell handling the ball 30 ft from the basket?

Hogbody

capehog

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on January 02, 2010, 11:12:26 am
Why is Powell handling the ball 30 ft from the basket?

We have poor guard play?

Hogbody

hogfan_no1

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

ishankem

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

alaback

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on January 02, 2010, 11:02:51 am
Can someone remind me why Mike Davis got canned at Indiana?

Went to the title game taking over for Knight in 02.  Back to the tournament in 03 (2nd round).  Then nothing until Kelvin Samson.