Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst Case Scenario?

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, November 07, 2017, 11:05:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

What if.... and go with me here... we somehow win out?  No way JL would fire Bielema and the stadium would be half empty next season.  That is by far the worst case scenario and that pains me to say as a Razorback fan--winning out would be detrimental to the program. 

Cotton

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 07, 2017, 11:05:53 am
What if.... and go with me here... we somehow win out?  No way JL would fire Bielema and the stadium would be half empty next season.  That is by far the worst case scenario and that pains me to say as a Razorback fan--winning out would be detrimental to the program.
Another What If thread... these are getting old.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Michael D Huff AIA

I think the concern is fair.  We have won the last 2 games by a combined 2 points.  This means we are 4 points from losing both.  If that were the case, he's a lock for being asked not to come back. 

But we won them, and there is still a very real possibility that he can come back.  I don't want it, but I think one needs to be objective at a time like this and look at the situation for what it REALLY is.

CBB has a chance to save his job and we all will be worse for it if he does. 

Strange times we are in.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Cotton on November 07, 2017, 11:08:37 am

Just trying to start a conversation. Move along if you don't like it.

My point is that it's depressing that a lifelong Hog fan like myself doesn't want to see this team win out.  I never thought I'd get to that point, but here I am.  I think most die hard Hog fans are with me

Tusks

What if BB turned into a competent coach overnight.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: tusked on November 07, 2017, 11:14:41 am

What if BB turned into a competent coach overnight.

He's done it before! I'm not expecting it and I think the chances are slim, but we've seen CBB pull wins out of his rear end before! This team is so inconsistent that I have no clue what's going to happen

Dropkick

I'm absolutely hoping we win out. I always want us to win. CBB could leave on his own for another job at 7-6 to 8-5 or we could be stuck for another year.

That being said I believe we will get throttled Saturday.

Razor1997

Worst case scenario would be going 0-3 and STILL having Bielema come back for 2018.

Sho Nuff

There isn't a snowballs chance in Hades that this team wins out.  LSU will treat us like their new cellmate on Saturday.

Kevin

average score the next 3 weeks
50-17 against the hogs
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

KennyForAD

Quote from: Cotton on November 07, 2017, 11:08:37 am

NO.  What's getting old is you thread police monkeys.   Almost every thread has one of you bitching that the OP shouldn't have started the thread.  OLD.  REALLY OLD.   

hogsanity

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 11:24:49 am
NO.  What's getting old is you thread police monkeys.   Almost every thread has one of you bitching that the OP shouldn't have started the thread.  OLD.  REALLY OLD.   

Actually what is getting old are people that are worried the Hogs will WIN games.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dfwalumdad

we were down two touchdowns to the worst team in the sunbelt. okay?

we're not going to win out.

here's a far more likely scenario, we get beat 52-7 by lsu, followed by a 38 point beat down by mississippi state.

long calls a presser for sunday and announces that bert will be coaching his last game against Missouri.

lstewart

I agree with others that we have almost no chance to win out. But, just for fun, say we do. Get a road win at LSU, then beat MSU here, then beat Mizzo on Black Friday. Then, go to a bowl game, and get a win. Finish with an 8-5 record, on a 6 game winning streak. At that point most fans would be going crazy, talking about how we have turned the corner, about how we are going to go 10-2 next year, and we will have good crowds early next season. Human nature is to pay most attention to what happens last, so if we beat the teams left on our schedule, and then win a bowl game, this will be considered a successful season, and will be talked about in positive ways. Of course Coach B would remember how bad it got, so he probably would not be too crazy to stay long term anyway. He would probably take another job when he got a chance. I think it is about a 2.5% chance of us winning out, but if we did, that would be the scenario at the end.

311Hog

i think we are currently living the worst case scenario in real time....

Cotton

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 11:24:49 am

WHO THE FOOK IS THIS GUY ^^^
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hogsanity

Quote from: Cotton on November 07, 2017, 12:58:01 pm
WHO THE FOOK IS THIS GUY ^^^

someone that gets away with name calling and personal attacks and contributes nothing of substance.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

He resigns right after the zoo game and we don't get a good coach to replace him. Plus our recruiting class tanks.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.